SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

Aaron Wilson‏@RavensInsider
Ravens among those interested in safety michael huff as well as dallas cowboys green bay packers and tennessee titans per a league source

Aaron Wilson‏@RavensInsider
Ravens were extremely high on michael huff coming out of texas so their interest isn't a surprise we'll see if develops into serious pursuit

#2 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 3m
Ravens expected to meet with safety Michael Huff within the next five days, according to a league source.

#3 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

I expect Huff won't leave Baltimore without a deal.

I
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
Roll Tide

#4 Miller192

Miller192

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:17 AM

I'm pretty sure Huff is on his way to the castle
@Miller192

#5 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:24 AM

If true, I would bet on him being a Raven by the end of the day.

How good is Huff by the way??? Not asking you specifically Miller, but just anyone here who has seen him play a decent amount. How does PFF or whatever the sight is that grades players grade him??

#6 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:43 AM

If true, I would bet on him being a Raven by the end of the day.

How good is Huff by the way??? Not asking you specifically Miller, but just anyone here who has seen him play a decent amount. How does PFF or whatever the sight is that grades players grade him??

Pretty awesome write up by Palazzo:

https://www.profootb... ... yward-bey/

#7 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:34 AM

Pretty awesome write up by Palazzo:

https://www.profootb... ... yward-bey/

Good stuff. Sounds like he'll bring versatility and value.

#8 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

Good stuff. Sounds like he'll bring versatility and value.

I wish he was a little younger...But Huff still brings better value and play than Reed had.

You still get a safety in the draft though.

#9 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:25 AM

I just don't see this guy getting out of the Castle. Can you imagine coming from a loser franchise in Oakland with its crappy facilities, coaching staff and players to the Ravens? I mean talk about going from the Outhouse to the Penthouse. Not to mention the chance to be a contender every year throughout your contract? It is a done deal unless he fails a physical or has unreal expectations about his contract.

At this point in their careers there is no comparison between Huff and Reed. Huff can cover any tight end in the NFL, including Vernon Davis. Many fans forget that Davis continuously beat both Reed and Pollard in the SB. That wouldn't happen with Huff.

My perfect scenario is to sign Huff, Dumervil and McKinnie. Unfortunately I believe Leach would be released in this scenario and I would also do the same with McClain. That leaves 12 picks in a deep draft to fill holes and get younger and faster.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#10 clapdiddy

clapdiddy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

I just don't see this guy getting out of the Castle. Can you imagine coming from a loser franchise in Oakland with its crappy facilities, coaching staff and players to the Ravens? I mean talk about going from the Outhouse to the Penthouse. Not to mention the chance to be a contender every year throughout your contract? It is a done deal unless he fails a physical or has unreal expectations about his contract.

At this point in their careers there is no comparison between Huff and Reed. Huff can cover any tight end in the NFL, including Vernon Davis. Many fans forget that Davis continuously beat both Reed and Pollard in the SB. That wouldn't happen with Huff.

My perfect scenario is to sign Huff, Dumervil and McKinnie. Unfortunately I believe Leach would be released in this scenario and I would also do the same with McClain. That leaves 12 picks in a deep draft to fill holes and get younger and faster.

Love this thinking.

Instead of investing in another fullback, I'd look to sign (or draft) an H-back who can block and catch a pass.
  • Hooded Viper likes this

#11 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

I think I read that Huff had 2 picks and 19 pass deflections. looks like he's around the ball to me. I'd be happy to have him here on a 2-3 years deal.
Roll Tide

#12 Miller192

Miller192

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:44 PM

Wasn't Huff but Harrison who was scheduled as it turns out.
@Miller192

#13 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:12 PM

Wasn't Huff but Harrison who was scheduled as it turns out.

The other day, the report was that he was going to be in BMore in 5 days...so, I would think his visit is any day now.

I think they will sign him....and then look to draft a LBer and another safety within first 2-3 rounds.

#14 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:57 AM

Is Elam the top-rated Safety in the draft now? Heap was the top-rated TE when we drafted him after our SB win, if memory serves. Let's hope we catch lightning in a bottle twice, provided we go that route with the #32 pick.
@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#15 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:20 AM

I think Huff will be a good fit. The draft will be really fun this season. The Ravens have a lot of picks and will have a few major holes to fill.
Roll Tide

#16 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:24 AM

I really want to get Huff. Good all around safety. And it eliminates another need before the draft. Get Minter/T'eo and Reid/Sweringer in the draft and our D is younger and in my opinion, a lot better.

#17 Miller192

Miller192

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:41 AM

The other day, the report was that he was going to be in BMore in 5 days...so, I would think his visit is any day now.

I think they will sign him....and then look to draft a LBer and another safety within first 2-3 rounds.

Probably. The Ravens got an exemption from Fridays personnel report so a visit was in the works. I just assumed it was Huff
@Miller192

#18 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:46 AM

http://touch.baltimo... ... -75020073/

Huff coming in later this week.

#19 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,886 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

I really want to get Huff. Good all around safety. And it eliminates another need before the draft. Get Minter/T'eo and Reid/Sweringer in the draft and our D is younger and in my opinion, a lot better.

I agree all around. Getting Huff after adding Dumervil would create a situation where they can take the best overall player in the first round instead of needing to potentially reach for specifically an inside linebacker or specifically a safety. It may still end up being a safety or LB that gets taken there, but then we'll be even more certain that they really think that guy is the best player available instead of just the best player who also fills a pretty big need. Considering those two positions are pretty strong in this draft, especially S, I wouldn't be surprised if we double up on either like we did with Dickson and Pitta a few years back.

Unless a really good WR or OT falls down to the end of the first and the Ravens move up a handful of spots to land them, I think we'll be going defense with that first pick. I don't anticipate a move backwards unless someone gives up a 3rd or 4th rounder just to move from the late 30s up to 32. Anything that only nets us a 5th or later pick probably won't be enough since we've already got at least two picks in the 4th through 7th rounds. Maybe something like the 35th-38th plus an early 4th or late 3rd round pick for our #32 and one of the 6ths or something.

#20 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,886 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

Hmm...didn't realize Huff was already 30. Thought he was more like 27 coming off of his rookie deal. Doesn't really make me want him too much less, but it does limit what I expect the Ravens will pay for him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=