• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

Niagara was 13-5 in the Metro Athletic Conference, 19-13 overall.

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

The Purple Eagles opened their year with a 102-83 loss to Oregon State.

They lost to Bucknell by 17, they beat New Mexico State. (Also had wins over Iona, Loyola, and Northwestern State.)

After winning the regular season title in the Metro Athletic, they lost to Iona in the 2nd rd of the MAAC Tourney.

35th in PPG
130th in Rebounds
150th in Assists
219th in FG%
290th in Scoring Defense
10th in Turnover Margin
RPI 125th
SOS 153rd

#3 8istheman

8istheman
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

I hope the team comes out ready to play. The more the Terps can practice and play together the better next year will be. Would love to see them put away Niagara early.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#4 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,357 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:32 PM

Shouldn't have any problem winning this one, or the next one against Denver/Ohio. Terps have a good chance to win this tournament. They're hitting their stride at the right time.
@BSLZackKiesel

#5 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:28 AM

I hope the team comes out ready to play. The more the Terps can practice and play together the better next year will be. Would love to see them put away Niagara early.

I agree with this. You come out and punch them in the mouth. Control the boards. Should be able to score inside at will.

#6 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,001 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

I'd like to see them get to MSG.

#7 Baltimore Chop

Baltimore Chop
  • Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationTowson

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:24 AM

I'd like to see them get to MSG.

This would be a nice way to send off James Padgett, getting to play in his hometown on the big stage.

I'm with you -- the NIT is great for teams like this year's MD -- let's get the young talent some tourney experience, and hope they can parlay that into a good NCAA showing next year.
Perception is reality.

#8 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

8 minutes in, MD down 14-13.

#9 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

Game tied at 35 at the half... MD leading on the boards 19-13, but Niagara has 6 offensive boards.

#10 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,001 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

I've never seen a team that is as bad as this Maryland team at last-second possessions in either half. Seriously, they are the single worst team I've ever seen in these situations.

Tied at 35 at the half. I'm not worried, nor too upset at the tie score. They're playing hard for the most part (were a couple bad offensive rebounds given up early) just doing typical Maryland stuff like bad turnovers and knocking the ball out of bounds instead of securing rebounds. Should be a 10-15 point MD win over the second half, they've played well in stretches, just need to pick up the efficiency a tiny bit and they'll roll.

#11 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

I've never seen a team that is as bad as this Maryland team at last-second possessions in either half. Seriously, they are the single worst team I've ever seen in these situations.

Tied at 35 at the half. I'm not worried, nor too upset at the tie score. They're playing hard for the most part (were a couple bad offensive rebounds given up early) just doing typical Maryland stuff like bad turnovers and knocking the ball out of bounds instead of securing rebounds. Should be a 10-15 point MD win over the second half, they've played well in stretches, just need to pick up the efficiency a tiny bit and they'll roll.

Agreed. Word for word.

#12 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

Good start to the second half

#13 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

Good start to the second half

The analyst (Ellis) is 100% correct. This MD team is at their best, getting out, and attacking the rim.

#14 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

Lead up to 16.. 54-38... 13 minutes left.

#15 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

3+ minutes left, Terps up 18.

#16 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,001 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:51 PM

Fun second half. Pretty much everything you'd want to see.

#17 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

BSL: Terps advance in NIT; The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
http://baltimorespor...e-bad-the-ugly/

#18 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,357 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

Great second half, and hopefully they can keep up the good play Thursday night vs. Denver or Ohio. Obviously this team is at its best when they can run, and they really wore down Niagara by the end of the game. They were winded through the entire second half.
@BSLZackKiesel

#19 BSLMattJergensen

BSLMattJergensen

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:57 AM

This would be a nice way to send off James Padgett, getting to play in his hometown on the big stage.

I'm with you -- the NIT is great for teams like this year's MD -- let's get the young talent some tourney experience, and hope they can parlay that into a good NCAA showing next year.

That's if he gets to play. It seems like since Senior night he's been out of the rotation.

#20 BSLMattJergensen

BSLMattJergensen

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

Exciting to watch the Terps second half explosion. I think that Turgeon needed a learning curve as well with his players and I'd like to think that heading into next season MD will adopt more of what we've seen over the past few weeks. Full court and half court trapping as well a solid man to man. One post offense with cutting and lanes for drives. Pushing the break on most misses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=