#41 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

Uni's were sweet and so was Dez... what a game. Very fun to watch for once.

#42 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,666 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

With the way we've been beating Duke, kinda sucks we're leaving ACC.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#43 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

Awesome game, especially for Dez. He's starting to look like a star. I know this year has been incredibly frustrating and I've been as critical as anyone in my comments, but it's so encouraging that our best players are the youngest ones. Regardless of what happens the rest of this season, it's hard to not be encouraged by the future of Maryland right now.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

@AdamWolff

#44 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

I don't understand this team, and that's ok. I do understand that they beat Duke...Twice! Loved at the end how Turg didn't let the kids celebrate. Beating Duke is not the prize. Makes me think he'll have them focused and ready tomorrow.

Duke owns the ACC tournament. Big win that we'll be talking about for a long time.

I echo Adams sentiments. Admit that I've been awfully critical and a little harsh at times. But in the grand scheme of things, that's Two wins against a Title favorite, and they won a fair amount of games this year. SOS isn't good, but they didn't lose to an Iona, or Morgan State like they had before.
@BSLMikeRandall

#45 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

They got some help with losses by UK, Tenn, UVA, I'm probably missing some... still think they need to win tomorrow at minimum and get more help but not as dark as it looked before today to get an at-l.
@levineps

#46 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:07 PM

They got some help with losses by UK, Tenn, UVA, I'm probably missing some... still think they need to win tomorrow at minimum and get more help but not as dark as it looked before today to get an at-l.

Agreed... the door is open.

#47 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

Lunardi has moved MD to last 4 out.

#48 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

Lunardi has moved MD to last 4 out.

Didn't see that... where's UVA?

#49 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

With any luck, on their bus lost in the Carolina backwoods.

#50 BSLMattJergensen

BSLMattJergensen

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

It's exciting to watch a young team put it's best total game together in March. Dez Wells was a beast. Career high 30 and was efficient in his scoring and solid in his decision making.The Terps flat out shot the ball well as a team tonight 51% from the floor and 40% from behind the arc so this was no one-man show.

For those concerned about Coach Turge he brought his "A" game tonight. He had his team focused and loose and aside from the early part of the second half they outworked Duke all night long. I noticed a subtle change in the halfcourt that paid off nicely against Wake and tonight against the Devils. He's taken one post out of the equation and has four players around the three point line while allowing the lone block man either a chance to screen cutters along the foul line or to camp above the block. Spacing was excellent. It allowed many shots to be of the step up variety where they had clean looks.

Really nice win. We'll see how they come out tomorrow playing their third game in a row. It aint over yet.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#51 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

I'll have to wait for the scroll to go through again :)

UVA is going to have trouble with their 7 losses to RPI 100+ teams.

#52 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

I'll have to wait for the scroll to go through again :)

UVA is going to have trouble with their 7 losses to RPI 100+ teams.

I think there is only room for one of UVA and UMD.

#53 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

I think there is only room for one of UVA and UMD.

Lundardi also has UVA in his first 4 out.

#54 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

Lundardi also has UVA in his first 4 out.

I think a win tomorrow puts MD in.

#55 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

Wasn't able to watch again - apparently I should just stop watching, haha.

Just looking at the box score, I LOVE seeing that 4 guys played 30+ minutes, and Seth had 28.

#56 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

I think a win tomorrow puts MD in.

Yes, a win could put them in, but a loss after that could put them back out. With help from the bubble, I think there's a better chance they get in than I initially predicted yesterday of them likely having to win the ACC Tourney to get a bid and very outside chance of making it as an AT-L if they made the Finals. Given that there's only a limited amount of games on Sunday, they'll have some idea what they'll need to do. They've been declared dead atleast 3 times this year, proving fans overreact.

Gotta hope teams like Utah/Vandy get eliminated, as they'll eat up spots for teams like Maryland. Obviously, won't matter if MD wins it all.
@levineps

#57 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:21 PM

To me tonight was simply an ability to finish the gameplan and execution.

I've said a few times over the last few weeks that I could see the players playing smarter and executing better. Thta they were often getting good looks at the basket but couldn't get anything to fall. Simply, a lack of consistent shooting and scoring. Tonight was a game where they found the bottom of the net at a good % and they end up beating a top 5 team in the country.

Hopefully, they can carry the hot shooting, the consistent shooting, over to tommorow and then Sunday but it shouldn't be expected. Again, I do expect them to play hard and find some good looks at the basket but can they find the bottom of the net. Also, of more importance tomorrow will be protecting the ball and not turning it over. That is how UNC has ran away from us in both of our previous games this year. They've killed us with forcing turnovers and in transition off of them. Have to take care of the ball.

#58 accinfo

accinfo
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:31 PM

BSL: MD eliminates Duke; The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
http://baltimorespor...e-bad-the-ugly/

Ok Chris I could have wrote your "Ugly" paragraph, NONE. LOL Congrats on a nice win. Tonight shows why college basketball in a way is the least most predictable and maybe most interesting sport to watch. Emotion and momentum play a bigger part in any one game then in most other sports. Take good shots in a designed offensive and they sometimes hit like they are supposed to. Certainly no one can say the raw skill level of Maryland players were that much less then the same type of players on higher thought of teams but for the most part especially on the road they failed to produce. Tonight was the exception and you never know how long this can be substained. Maybe none but maybe a few more. This is how legendary tournament runs have happened like NC State with Jimmy V. In the middle of that they were looked at as a great team but now you look at them and understand they were really good players. This is all what make March Madness much fun. Enjoy the ride,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,m
@accinfo

#59 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,512 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

Makes me wish the Terps were leaving the ACC after this season. What a way to say goodbye to the dookies this would have been.

#60 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:30 AM

Ok Chris I could have wrote your "Ugly" paragraph, NONE. LOL Congrats on a nice win. Tonight shows why college basketball in a way is the least most predictable and maybe most interesting sport to watch. Emotion and momentum play a bigger part in any one game then in most other sports. Take good shots in a designed offensive and they sometimes hit like they are supposed to. Certainly no one can say the raw skill level of Maryland players were that much less then the same type of players on higher thought of teams but for the most part especially on the road they failed to produce. Tonight was the exception and you never know how long this can be substained. Maybe none but maybe a few more. This is how legendary tournament runs have happened like NC State with Jimmy V. In the middle of that they were looked at as a great team but now you look at them and understand they were really good players. This is all what make March Madness much fun. Enjoy the ride,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,m

accinfo,

I'm sure Turge isn't happy about leaving the ACC but I've heard rumbling that he is angry ebough that he might try to get out of his contract and go somewhere else. Find that very hard to believe. Have you heard anything like that??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=