#1 tennOsfan

tennOsfan

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationJonesborough, TN

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

I decided to give this Netflix TV series a chance today, and two episodes in, I'm hooked.

Being a very picky TV viewer, that's saying a lot. I'd suggest you try it out if you're at all into tales of politcal intrigue.

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:08 AM

Looking forward to buying it when it comes out on Blu-Ray. It is filmed here in Baltimore. Lots of sightings locally of Kevin Spacey.

#3 BSLMattJergensen

BSLMattJergensen

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:19 AM

I've gotten up to ep. 5. Very good stuff. Kevin Spacey is one of my favorites and this is a role he's well suited for.

#4 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,485 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

I binge-viewed all 13 episodes the weekend it was released. It's awesome and can't wait for the next season.

#5 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,485 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

Looking forward to buying it when it comes out on Blu-Ray. It is filmed here in Baltimore. Lots of sightings locally of Kevin Spacey.

I immediately recognized a scene shot on O'Donnell Square in Canton, just a block-and-a-half from where I lived.

#6 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

Is it true there are a lot of asides to the camera? If true, I think that would get on my nerves after awhile.
@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#7 KWebz

KWebz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 722 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:19 AM

Is it true there are a lot of asides to the camera? If true, I think that would get on my nerves after awhile.

I actually like when TV/Movies break the 4th wall and it works very well in this show as the plot is all about scheming. It kinda makes you feel like you're in on it and Kevin Spacey is great.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#8 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:14 PM

Just finished it tonight. Great series, even though I'm not big on politics and sometimes don't understand the lingo. Still awesome. As like any series like this, the first three or so episodes are the build up, then its on from there. Spacey is one of my favorites and he is on point.

Also a Baltimore connection, the guy who was Tommy Carcetti's campaign manager in The Wire plays the BBQ chef Kevin Spacey frequents.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#9 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,513 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:17 PM

It really was fantastic. I'm looking forward to season 2.

#10 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:19 AM

Got this for my bday. Watched the first 3 episodes last night. Wow.

#11 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,513 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:26 AM

Got this for my bday. Watched the first 3 episodes last night. Wow.

Hope you had a great bday!

Yeah, I really like this show quite a bit. Really looking forward to next season.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#12 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:38 PM

So I'm through episode 11 of 13.

I thought Claire getting the bill defeated was interesting. She's only (maybe not only, but mostly) in the marriage because she enjoys the power. Enjoying the power to the point of avoiding leaving the marriage and possibly finding a higher level of happiness with the flame, or elsewhere.

So, if you've committed yourself to doing what is necessary to accumulate power... to the point of being willing to sacrifice personal happiness... I find it interesting that she'd be willing to do what was necessary to defeat the bill.

Simply couldn't handle the idea of feeling disrespected by Frank... or maybe she wanted to remind that she wouldn't simply be along for the ride?

Either way they are not overly discreet. Too many people aware of their activities, which has to be limiting to the power they crave.

#13 KWebz

KWebz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 722 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

Their relationship and how it functions is one of my favorite aspects of the show.

#14 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:11 PM

Their relationship and how it functions is one of my favorite aspects of the show.

Yep, no doubt about it.  Love the chats in the window.

#15 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:01 PM

Can't wait for 3:01 ET.  They should have released Season 2 early for all you guys that are snowed in.

Just got done with the first episode, and man did they figure out how to put in a major shocker early.  Incredible show, so glad they renewed it for another season.

• Il BuonO likes this

#16 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:24 AM

We got Google Chromecast and getting ready to stream season 2. Know I was behind the times a bit, but pretty cool.

#17 Il BuonO

Il BuonO

Opposite Field Power

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGeorgetown, TX

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:30 PM

Can't wait for 3:01 ET.  They should have released Season 2 early for all you guys that are snowed in.

Just got done with the first episode, and man did they figure out how to put in a major shocker early.  Incredible show, so glad they renewed it for another season.

Yeah, you aren't kidding. Major shocker. First show. I did not see that coming. Spacey was born to play Frank Underwood. I loved the pan to the cuff links from his driver/security man Meacham at the end of the show. FU

#18 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,355 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:59 PM

Just watched the first two episodes last night. WOW. Can't wait to watch a few more episodes tonight.

@BSLZackKiesel

#19 1970

All-Star

• Members
  • Pip
  • 740 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:21 PM

Just watched the first two episodes last night. WOW. Can't wait to watch a few more episodes tonight.

Love this show. I'm through season 2, chapter 2.

#20 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:24 PM

Just sitting here binging on Season 2... fantastic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=