#1 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

http://baltimorespor...combine-update/

No one on the Ravens radar really blowing the competion away. They have had meetings with over 20 players who I've listed. Some new names we haven't discussed yet. If anyone knows some inside info on any of these guys, please share.

I've also picked my favorite name of the combine. Margus Smith, DE - SMU
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

How much do we overrate the 40 time? How often do we need to see a LBer run 40 yards?

Mayock discussed that Teo didn't show that next burst after 20 yards...but do we really need to see that?

#3 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

How much do we overrate the 40 time? How often do we need to see a LBer run 40 yards?

Mayock discussed that Teo didn't show that next burst after 20 yards...but do we really need to see that?

Totally agree. Remeber what Ray Lewis' 40 time was? Me neither. That's how relevant it is. They do say that coaches only care about the first ten yards of the 40. Teo performed well in the events that matter most to LBs. Lateral movement, short burst speed, changing directions.
@BSLMikeRandall

#4 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

Btw, I'm not saying we should draft Teo. But my questions about him stem more from the NC game.

#5 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:29 AM

Scouts Inc looks at the LBers:

http://m.espn.go.com...combinebuzz0225

Didn't think about the coverage aspect when it comes to the 40 time.

#6 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,148 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

Totally agree. Remeber what Ray Lewis' 40 time was? Me neither. That's how relevant it is. They do say that coaches only care about the first ten yards of the 40. Teo performed well in the events that matter most to LBs. Lateral movement, short burst speed, changing directions.

Ray's was 4.53.

Suggs was 4.84 (big reason why he slipped to #10)
Kruger was 4.72
Ellerbe was 4.63
McClain was 4.74

I don't think Te'o's weak 40 time kills him, but it's not good. Especially given that we saw him looking slow and weak in his last game against the best competition he faced. I think speed is pretty important for a middle linebacker, since they often need to cover TE and sometimes even RB or slot WR.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=