#1 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

http://baltimorespor...he-nfl-combine/

Combine coverage begins Saturday at 9am. Here's a list of 10 players named to the Ravens draft slot in numerous mock drafts, and when you can find them thoughout the four days of coverage.
  • BSLChrisStoner and SportsGuy like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

The NFL combine is even more proof to me of the popularity of football. Until the NFL Network started covering it wall-to-wall, I remember it being the equivalent of the baseball winter meetings. Now it seems much bigger.
@levineps

#3 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

I watched some of it last year. I remember watching the DBs and coming to the conclusion that I wanted Rahim Moore out of the group. Love that he wound up a Bronco!

Posted Image

#4 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

http://baltimorespor...he-nfl-combine/

Combine coverage begins Saturday at 9am. Here's a list of 10 players named to the Ravens draft slot in numerous mock drafts, and when you can find them thoughout the four days of coverage.

First of all, good job on this article.

Secondly, I saw today that Fluker has dropped his weight almost 20lbs for the combine...down into the 330s. I wonder if a weight drop will enhance any chance that he can play LT?

#5 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

The NFL combine is even more proof to me of the popularity of football. Until the NFL Network started covering it wall-to-wall, I remember it being the equivalent of the baseball winter meetings. Now it seems much bigger.

I never used to watch it. Do I have to know which center has the highest vertical? Now that I'm covering the Ravens here, It'll be interesting to watch it as a person covering it. I think the only things that stand out is when Maurice Clarett was a highly touted RB out of Ohio St, and he ran like a 5.2 40 or something. That and some legal troubles dropped him from a top five pick to the 3rd round, and I can't remember if he even made the team in Denver. That and Brady Quinn bench pressed 225 like 30 times or something. He was up there in the lineman strength group. A lot of good that did for him.
@BSLMikeRandall

#6 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

The biggest thing to come out of this combine, IMO, will be how fast does Teo run the 40.

#7 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

First of all, good job on this article.

Secondly, I saw today that Fluker has dropped his weight almost 20lbs for the combine...down into the 330s. I wonder if a weight drop will enhance any chance that he can play LT?

Thanks so much. That is interesting. He is one of the best lineman in the draft not named Joeckel. If the Ravens feel like this is the case, they might have to trade up to get him though. Ozzie loves Alabama guys.

And I agree on Te'o. The worlds eyes will be on him. He's going to have to blow people away I think to keep his stock up. Most teams probably won't invite the media circus and constant questions of his character through out training camp.
@BSLMikeRandall

#8 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

Maryland TE Matt Furstenburg posted the second best 40 time among tight ends, 4.62, second best veritcal at 35.5, and was a top performer in the 20 yard and 60 yard shuttles. Had good broad jump and 3 cone drill times as well. His only weakness looked to be the bench press with 18 reps of 225lbs. The leader put up 31 reps.
@BSLMikeRandall

#9 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

Comparing Furstenburg's numbers to some others in the past, he looks like he could be a 3rd or 4th round talent. It's amazing that Maryland pumps out pro level players on an almost annual basis, yet they are...not good. I would say that they are probably a bowl eligible team in 2012 if they didn't have 4 QB's go down with injury.
@BSLMikeRandall

#10 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

Comparing Furstenburg's numbers to some others in the past, he looks like he could be a 3rd or 4th round talent. It's amazing that Maryland pumps out pro level players on an almost annual basis, yet they are...not good. I would say that they are probably a bowl eligible team in 2012 if they didn't have 4 QB's go down with injury.

Would be interesting to see how it compares to other programs, but I think just putting talent in the NFL isn't enough to be "good." It's not like cbb, where theres more teams (as in college basketball teams) and less spots for the pros. There's like 124 D-I teams and about 65 BCS schools and seven rounds. I think if they were routinely getting more first round picks (and even 2nd round), it be one thing.

I do agree that they are bowl eligible team, if they didn't have the QB injury epidemic. It's the one time I've used the injury line as a legitimate excuse since it was way out of the norm.
@levineps

#11 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

Minter:

http://touch.baltimo... ... -74557332/

1 user(s) are reading this topic