#21 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

So does that "delay of game" call count as a foul?

#22 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:30 PM

So does that "delay of game" call count as a foul?

No but it is a tech, I think, if it happens again.
@mikeghg

#23 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

Jay Williams is awful but he is right about Howard thinking too much.
@mikeghg

#24 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

Maryland up 3 at half.

I suspect Turg will go back to the press sometime in the second half.
@mikeghg

#25 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,998 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

One of those patented 5-6 minute stretches with only a few points to finish out the half. Hopefully we can get into transition as that was working very well. The press will help to get into a more up tempo game so I agree we'll see more of it in the 2nd half. Need to do a bit better out of the half court sets. Most of the points came from transition or 2nd chance baskets. Defense has played pretty well since the opening few minutes.

Can't screw this up in the 2nd half, just get the win and move on to the next game.

#26 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,998 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

9-1 run by the Terps! More points in transition and second chance buckets capped off with a Faust 3 out of the half court set.

#27 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

Faust had 7 points in the first 8 minutes... then didn't have another shot. Shot that 3 with some confidence. Great to see. His first double-digit scoring game in the last 8 games. Only his 4th such game in the last 19 games.

#28 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

Faust had 7 points in the first 8 minutes... then didn't have another shot. Shot that 3 with some confidence. Great to see. His first double-digit scoring game in the last 8 games. Only his 4th such game in the last 19 games.

I thought he was playing well. I would like to see him and Allen on the floor together more.
@mikeghg

#29 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,998 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

Faust has made a couple nice plays in transition and on defense as well. The 3's are an anomaly, he'll never be anything better than poor from beyond the arc, IMO, but he's capable of having a decent game and making a few from outside. He should never be taking anything other than a wide open 3, though, and that's what he's been knocking down today.

I think it's really been about Mitchell and Cleare today. Both are playing very well.

#30 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,998 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

What a move by Padgett!

7-0 run.

#31 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

I hate how far below the rim both Cleare and Mitchell play.

#32 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,998 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

It's not changing, they have huge bodies and not much leaping ability. I think both can be very good college players, though, and we'll be fine on the interior with them starting next season. They'll learn to use their large bodies to keep shot blockers away, though both will continue to be blocked a bit more often than more athletic big men.

#33 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

Nice run by Maryland. Excellent basketball. Layman and Shaq playing well. Wells doing a nice job setting the table. Clemson is about ready to go.
@mikeghg

#34 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

It's not changing, they have huge bodies and not much leaping ability. I think both can be very good college players, though. They'll learn to use their large bodies to keep shot blockers away, though both will continue to be blocked a bit more often than more athletic big men.

If either flashed moves like Padge flashes at times I would be much higher on their overall potnetial. It's not just a lack of leaping athleticism. There is not much of a skillset from either one.

That said, both have done a good job doing a lot of dirty work like stuff today and racking up some points and rebounds.

#35 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

I see what you mean but they are not that type of players. They are both muscle guys. The type that will serve well in the big 10. They are learning to play against size and leaping ability. A few less pounds on both, and a pump fake lesson and they will be real good.
@mikeghg

#36 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,998 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

If either flashed moves like Padge flashes at times I would be much higher on their overall potnetial. It's not just a lack of leaping athleticism. There is not much of a skillset from either one.

That said, both have done a good job doing a lot of dirty work like stuff today and racking up some points and rebounds.

Mitchell's got a very quick spin move. That move plays. Cleare doesn't have any go to moves yet, though he does have a decent little baby hook that I think they can build on.

If I was recruiting supplemental bigs, I'd definitely go after more lanky and athletic guys to team up with the wide bodies of Cleare and Mitchell. A Jamar Smith or Ekene Ibekwe type would be a nice complement.

#37 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

If Mitchell and Cleare were off-the-floor types, they would be going pro early. Instead they will both be 4 year players, and extremely productive in their time at CP. They both run the floor well. They both eat up space. Mitchell is a monster on the boards. I'll take a couple of Baxter esque players.

#38 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

If Mitchell and Cleare were off-the-floor types, they would be going pro early. Instead they will both be 4 year players, and extremely productive in their time at CP. They both run the floor well. They both eat up space. Mitchell is a monster on the boards. I'll take a couple of Baxter esque players.

I really like Mitchell. He is more polished than Len is...but obviously lacks the upside.

#39 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,998 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

Faust with another wide open 3 and then a steal out of the press. Really nice job there.

The press has really worked well tonight. Good job by Turgeon to set it up and to stick with it pretty persistently.

Also, the 2nd time tonight MD has missed both FTs (Allen, Layman) but then gotten the rebound. The good and the bad...

#40 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

Len needs to be more forceful on follows. Throw it down man.
Terps miss 4 free throws in a row.
@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=