373 replies to this topic

#61 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:31 AM

They did talk to Henry; it was the last scene of that episode. And Elizabeth ended it with the Navy guy, too.

They stopped caring about the construction because it apparently stopped. Or else they're not trying to pound that in every single episode like the contractor is Theon Greyjoy :P

Paige's story has just evolved into the church plot. She's still rebelling against her parents, just in a different way (especially after what she saw the last time she went snooping).

Thats what I mean. I don't know why I'm having such a hard time keeping up with all the stuff going on.

@BSLMikeRandall

#62 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:36 PM

If Philip and Elizabeth relent in the final three episodes, I want to see a web series set at a Christian summer camp with Paige as a CIT in the vein of Wet Hot American Summer.

@DJ_McCann

#63 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,148 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:12 AM

This show has been fantastic this season.  I usually don't get to watch it until a few days later, so haven't been too involved in the conversation, but it's gotten even better than last season, IMO.  I don't really love the "big bad" sort of thing going on with Beecher from Oz, but there is still tons of potential for good stuff there.  Seems like this show works best when both Philip & Elizabeth and Beeman & the FBI are working under assumptions that we the audience know are untrue.  They haven't done much of that this year, aside from Stan being completely unaware about Nina, so I imagine more of that is coming soon.

#64 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,745 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:27 AM

This season is getting harder to follow. I totally missed how they introduced Laric and why he is helping. And the contra base/Nicaragua stuff was handled poorly. The whole time I thought that Phil and Elizabeth would be going to Nicaragua.

That said I am enjoying this season.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#65 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:23 PM

This season is getting harder to follow. I totally missed how they introduced Laric and why he is helping. And the contra base/Nicaragua stuff was handled poorly. The whole time I thought that Phil and Elizabeth would be going to Nicaragua.

That said I am enjoying this season.

Laric is someone who was already a source of information for the Soviets within the military (I think he was involved with the couple that was killed; they're pretty much setting him up at least as a red herring for their murders), who Philip and Elizabeth, as FBI agents, blackmailed into becoming their source for information about Nicaragua.

@DJ_McCann

#66 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:26 PM

ADA Ed Danvers reading the Weekly World News? Sixteen-year-old DJ is going crazy right now.

@DJ_McCann

#67 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:53 PM

OK...I didn't see THAT revelation coming.

@DJ_McCann

#68 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:04 PM

OK, I have a theory, so don't read beyond unless you've seen the finale...

...So based on what Claudia said at the end of the episode, and Jarred in his dying confession, it seems likely that the Centre, in their "second-generation illegals" program, sent Kate to act as a honeypot to draw Jarred in over the protests of his parents. That makes sense, because what is the easiest way to get a seventeen-year-old boy to do what you want: find a pretty older women to sleep with him. Claudia said that these children would be searching for meaning in their lives, and this could be the way to do that.

If you have a fourteen-year-old girl who is looking for meaning, how might you go about grabbing her? Maybe have a friendly face strike up a conversation on a bus, which then draws her into the world of religion, which her parents won't approve of and will only drive her closer to the church, with a young, inspiring pastor supposedly looking to change the world.

Might they already have Paige in the beginnings of her conversion and Philip and Elizabeth don't know it yet?

@DJ_McCann

#69 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:39 AM

OK, I have a theory, so don't read beyond unless you've seen the finale...

...So based on what Claudia said at the end of the episode, and Jarred in his dying confession, it seems likely that the Centre, in their "second-generation illegals" program, sent Kate to act as a honeypot to draw Jarred in over the protests of his parents. That makes sense, because what is the easiest way to get a seventeen-year-old boy to do what you want: find a pretty older women to sleep with him. Claudia said that these children would be searching for meaning in their lives, and this could be the way to do that.

If you have a fourteen-year-old girl who is looking for meaning, how might you go about grabbing her? Maybe have a friendly face strike up a conversation on a bus, which then draws her into the world of religion, which her parents won't approve of and will only drive her closer to the church, with a young, inspiring pastor supposedly looking to change the world.

Might they already have Paige in the beginnings of her conversion and Philip and Elizabeth don't know it yet?

I think your right. They both used the phrase "for the greater good" when Paige refers to the church and Jared to their cause.

Finale was great. Loved them playing "Twilight Zone" in the open. I think I finally got all of the secondary characters roles in line.
@BSLMikeRandall

#70 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,148 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:48 PM

Fantastic season.  I thought the reveal that it was Jared that killed his parents was weird, but the re-appearance of Mags (or whatever her name is on this show, Grannie?  Claudia?) to sort of explain what we just saw was good.  I hope we get more of her back next season.  And it should be super interesting once the Centre starts trying to recruit Paige.

I also like that Stan didn't flip and maybe they can work more on him pursuing the illegals and getting hot on Elizabeth and Peter's trail.

#71 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,745 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:58 PM

Yeah, good season. I thought the whole Jared twist was lame but I think it leads into a bigger arc, so it made sense in that way.

Good idea about the church, but I think it just shows that Paige is searching for meaning and when the Center approaches her with something, it makes her more likely to go for it.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#72 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,674 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:48 PM

This show, Mad Men and Louie are the best on TV these days.

@fuzydunlop

#73 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,562 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:02 PM

Not a Hannibal fan?

#74 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,745 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:25 PM

I do like Americans, a lot, but I do think the hype for it is a little overstated.

#75 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:54 PM

One interesting thing they did this season was bring back Zhukov. That shows that even people sent back to Moscow in disgrace (say, for example, Nina) aren't necessarily facing a death sentence. And since Zhukov was positioned from the very beginning as both a father figure for Elizabeth and a lover for Nina (who betrayed him), they must be setting him up for something really important.

@DJ_McCann

#76 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,674 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:57 PM

Not a Hannibal fan?

It's not something that really interests me. Like GoT. I just can't care about the subject no matter how well done.

@fuzydunlop

#77 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,148 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:43 PM

One interesting thing they did this season was bring back Zhukov. That shows that even people sent back to Moscow in disgrace (say, for example, Nina) aren't necessarily facing a death sentence. And since Zhukov was positioned from the very beginning as both a father figure for Elizabeth and a lover for Nina (who betrayed him), they must be setting him up for something really important.

You're confused. Zhukov was killed. The guy back in Russia is someone else, the dude Nina was blowing, formerly had Arkady's job. Forget his name.
  • DJ MC likes this

#78 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:54 PM

You're confused. Zhukov was killed. The guy back in Russia is someone else, the dude Nina was blowing, formerly had Arkady's job. Forget his name.

You're right. Vasili is who I meant. No connection to Elizabeth.

The rest holds, though. He looked to be dead on arrival (or at least a quickie trial and up against the wall), but is not only alive he's running some pretty important operations for the Centre. That could be important for Nina, and surely will be for the Jennings' sooner rather than later.

@DJ_McCann

#79 JamesGallden

JamesGallden
  • Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:48 AM

I'm late to this and all, but I really was not interested in paige in the start of the season, but what they're doing right now is really interesting.  Good season... 

#80 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,507 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:56 PM

Welcome back!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=