#41 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,526 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

The offense is just not good. I think we'll see Alex Len back next season. I don't think he could do much offensively in the D League right now.

I agree. I just don't see it with him. Not lottery pick at least, which is what everyone says. That said, I really don't watch the NBA that much and will yield to more knowledgeable folks on the subject.

Also, the guard play is DEFINITELY effecting him right now, there's no two ways about that.

#42 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

I agree. I just don't see it with him. Not lottery pick at least, which is what everyone says. That said, I really don't watch the NBA that much and will yield to more knowledgeable folks on the subject.

Also, the guard play is DEFINITELY effecting him right now, there's no two ways about that.

This is the league that had Hasheem Thabeet as a number-two overall pick (and many thought first overall) with his 10.3 PPG at UConn.

#43 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

He could definitely use another year, but still a long shot that he returns. You can't teach his size or athleticism, and those things will cause him to be drafted high, even if he is not ready to contribute.

Also true about the PG play.

MD needs to win this game. The defensive effort is there. Win on the boards, limit 2nd shots, and find a way to win.

#44 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

He doesn't look like he has nearly the strength to do anything at the NBA right now. Now, he's got two things you can't coach (height and relative athleticism), which will always be valued highly. I could see him still being a lottery pick, based completely on his physical tools, but I think he would really benefit from at least another year of seasoning in the college game.

And agree about the guard play. Bilas doing a nice job of pointing that out. He's getting terrible entry passes, but he's had hands of stone tonight in all facets. Needs to clean that up. But he's doing a great job on Leslie. I can imagine the combination of honoring that jump shot and trying to not let him dribble around you would be diffilt to handle.

@AdamWolff

#45 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,526 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

This is the league that had Hasheem Thabeet as a number-two overall pick (and many thought first overall) with his 10.3 PPG at UConn.

I hear ya. I just don't get it, but as I said, I'm also not very knowledgeable on NBA drafts and such. I do see the projectability there, and certainly Chris and Adam's points about his athleticism and size are definitely huge. As much as I don't know, I'm fairly certain he'll be a project in the NBA who won't be ready to notably contribute for at least a couple of years.

#46 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

I hear ya. I just don't get it, but as I said, I'm also not very knowledgeable on NBA drafts and such.

Think Wizards drafts if you want to get an exaggerated view of the NBA mindset lol. Ability to actually do things at the NBA level is almost secondary..physical tools trump all. At least for Ernie Grunfeld.

@AdamWolff

#47 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Nick Faust comes out with a couple quick baskets. Good to see.

@AdamWolff

#48 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,526 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Think Wizards drafts if you want to get an exaggerated view of the NBA mindset lol. Ability to actually do things at the NBA level is almost secondary..physical tools trump all. At least for Ernie Grunfeld.

Haha, yeah... Like I said in my edit, he'll be a project, not someone who will contribute right away, at least not in my opinion.

#49 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,526 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

Very nice passing there to set up Shaq for an easy bucket inside. Terps looking much more confident on offense so far to start the 2nd.

#50 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

Wells took an interesting angle on that layup..

But hey, the offense is back. Hurry up and get to 40 so we can have a cushion for the inevitable drought.

@AdamWolff

#51 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

Maryland showing energy to start the second half but 2 missed layups and 2 miss followups cost them 4 points. Faust got hacked and refs missed another one.
@mikeghg

#52 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,526 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

Nice pass by Allen, and nice slam by Shaq.

#53 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,526 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Jesus H, any friggin' answer for Brown? He's tearing us up right now.

#54 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

State finishing at the rim, Maryland is not Terps still lead 32 - 30
@mikeghg

#55 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,526 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

C'mon Dez... that's 4 points you've left on the floor now. You gotta finish that!

P.S. I still love me some Dez.

#56 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

C'mon Dez... that's 4 points you've left on the floor now. You gotta finish that!

Maryland has lost 6 points this half by missing layups.

Maryland trying to hard, to be perfect and making a lot of mistakes.

Howard shooting way too much.
@mikeghg

#57 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,526 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

Bilas seems legitimately peeved at the sloppiness of this game. Making some really good points on both ends about where they're going wrong.

#58 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

Maryland pushes lead to 10 off layup by Wells. State comes back and cuts it to 3.

State like Miami and FSU is clogging the lane. Terps working the ball a little better but still missing from outside.
@mikeghg

#59 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

State in zone.

Lead cut to 2...time for Logan, Mark.
@mikeghg