#1 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,535 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

The 14-2 (3-0) NC State Wolfpack come to Comcast to take on the Terps 13-3 (1-2). While the Pack are off to a 3-0 start in the ACC, and are coming off an impressive 84-76 win over #1 Duke in Raleigh, the Terps come in on the opposite end of the spectrum; losing their last two games and struggling to find any consistency on offense.

Leslie, Brown and Howell will all be tough to keep in line tonight, but if the Terps plan to win, that's they'll need to contain those three.

#2 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,535 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

I expect Comcast to be rocking tonight.

Also, the Terps will be sporting their "Pride" look this evening:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

NCST is very athletic, and plenty talented. Coming off of their victory vs. Duke,they look poised to contend for the ACC Title. The Terps have looked brutal their last 6 Quarters. I fully expect a MD win.

#4 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,535 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

NCST is very athletic, and plenty talented. Coming off of their victory vs. Duke,they look poised to contend for the ACC Title. The Terps have looked brutal their last 6 Quarters. I fully expect a MD win.

Hahaha... I love it. Like you, I'm expecting the Terps to bounce back and pull this win out.

#5 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

I expect Comcast to be rocking tonight.

We'll see...I am going tonight and I am very interested to see what the crowd is like. This is a huge game for the Terps. They need this win for their NCAA resume after losing these games recently. Let's see if the Terps fans are crazy tonight or if they are going to live up to their rep and just show up when its Duke.

NC St is playing very well and they are very strong inside...just as MD is.

NC St has a big advantage at PG and that will be a key to this game.

#6 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

Hahaha... I love it. Like you, I'm expecting the Terps to bounce back and pull this win out.

Chris has never predicted his teams to lose a big game..ever. LOL

#7 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,535 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

We'll see...I am going tonight and I am very interested to see what the crowd is like. This is a huge game for the Terps. They need this win for their NCAA resume after losing these games recently. Let's see if the Terps fans are crazy tonight or if they are going to live up to their rep and just show up when its Duke.

I've heard from some current students that there's a really good buzz on campus about Terps basketball right now. Hopefully that translates in the stands tonight. Like you, I'm interested to see if that's really the case.

#8 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

Chris has never predicted his teams to lose a big game..ever. LOL

Crazy talk. Just because I don't always loudly vocalize when I expect my teams to lose, doesn't mean I don't 'predict' it.

#9 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

I went for the Saturday VaTech game. The crowd was somewhat late arriving, but it filled-up (probably 98% full) and was a good environment.

Lots of people on the campus complain about 7pm games because parking is an issue with classes still going. That said, it would be pathetic if the crowd is not ready to go tonight.

#10 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

MD fans will be live and rowdy early and or as long as MD is in the game. If they play like they played the last 6 quarters they'll turn quickly. In many ways this is a pivotal game for MD basketball this season. Not only in terms of making a tourny run but for the buzz around the program. I think a lot of fans have been excited about the season but with a loss, and a 1-3 ACC start, a lot of that will have been lost.

#11 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

From a Vitale tweet:

NCSU @ Terps today-they r 1-12 after beating Duke & UNC last 20 seasons.Will be doing ESPN radio Minny shortly

#12 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,535 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

From a Vitale tweet:

Wow, that's crazy.

#13 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

Wow, that's crazy.

Well, they get really up or the big games and then come down right after...not all that surprising.

If most ACC teams treated every game like they do Duke and UNC, they would be more successful.

#14 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,535 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

Well, they get really up or the big games and then come down right after...not all that surprising.

If most ACC teams treated every game like they do Duke and UNC, they would be more successful.

Yeah, I mean I get that... but when you're as good as Duke, year in and year out, you just can't fake that level of desire to beat the best when you're not playing the best.

#15 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

Yeah, I mean I get that... but when you're as good as Duke, year in and year out, you just can't fake that level of desire to beat the best when you're not playing the best.

Yea, I guess...Its just that, these teams(and their fans) feel like they have to beat them and if they don't, its a letdown...and if they do win, they expend so much energy(physically and mentally) that they can't come back from that, at least not quickly.

MD was really the only program that could do that and that was only for a short period of time.

#16 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,535 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

Yea, I guess...Its just that, these teams(and their fans) feel like they have to beat them and if they don't, its a letdown...and if they do win, they expend so much energy(physically and mentally) that they can't come back from that, at least not quickly.

MD was really the only program that could do that and that was only for a short period of time.

Yep. It's a double edged sword. You win, but then lose a bad game right after. Still, it's a program building win usually. Lot of spot light, storming the court, if it's at home, you're hosting some recruits, etc.

And obviously, the unfortunate part for the opposing teams is that, most often, they lose, lol.

#17 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,992 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

I'll be there tonight. I think the Terps get back on track and get a win, and a good one at that. Double digits or at least one where the victory isn't really in doubt late in the game.

I think Allen takes some control of the PG position and has a good game.

Really important to get a win tonight. Not a must win, but would be really bad to lose 3 straight this early in the ACC season.

#18 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,992 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

Lots of people on the campus complain about 7pm games because parking is an issue with classes still going. That said, it would be pathetic if the crowd is not ready to go tonight.

Just park on one of the roads off of Metzerott and walk across 193 and up to the arena. Real simple, always space, free street parking, only a 10 minute max walk if you walk slow, and you can go down Metzerott to get back on 95 the back way and avoid Rt 1 completely on the way out.

I'm glad more people don't know about it because it's so easy and it keeps it wide open for me!

#19 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,535 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

I just learned that there's an on-court ceremony giving a painting of the 2002 NCAA Championship to Gary Williams prior to the game tonight... hopefully that gets the Comcast crowd going.

#20 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

I think Maryland starts Faust at the 1, and Allen at the 2.
@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=