23 replies to this topic

#1 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,723 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

I know I am getting ahead of myself here...still gotta beat Manning and the Broncos...but let's dream for a moment that we advance to the SB after beating:

The Colts, our former team and postseason nemesis, having lost to them in 2006 and 2009.

Beating Peyton Manning, who eliminated us those years when he was with the Colts and the Ravens haven't beaten Manning since 2001.

In all likelihood, return to New England where the Ravens lost a heartbreaker in the AFCCG last year after they had the winning TD pass in hand for a second and a 34-yard field goal to tie was missed, and avenge that loss.

Even if Houston wins, and we have to play them again, we'd have to avenge an embarrassing loss to the Texans earlier this year.

I have my doubts we can even win this Saturday but if we do, and we can win next week, this would be a karma-inspired SB run.

Now let's make it happen!
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#2 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

IF we beat Manning and Brady, on the road, to get to the SB, that will have to go down as one of the best runs ever to get to the SB.

Agree that I don't see it happening but the new line and new offense makes me think the chances are much higher.

#3 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,555 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

I just caught myself day dreaming about this during my morning walk... it would be seriously epic and story book. And I agree with Rob, there is more hope now than even a month ago, IMO.

#4 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,148 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

Every Super Bowl run is epic, especially for teams that play on WC weekend. But there are a few bonus points for the opponents we would likely have to play and it being Ray's retirement tour.

I would certainly create a buzz in Baltimore that I don't think I've ever experienced, surpassing the buzz prior to last year's AFC Championship or the Orioles playoff run.

#5 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

Yes I agree it would be epic with the teams they'd have to beat and to send RL off in style (similar to Bettis or Elway). Last year would've been epic as well, going into Indy and winning there.

To Mackus point, I'm less of a Ravens fan than an O's fan so I don't have as much invested as most of you but I figured for it to surpass the O's run this year -- they'd have to get to the SB since they've already been to AFCCG twice in recent years. Am I off here?
@levineps

#6 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,555 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

Yes I agree it would be epic with the teams they'd have to beat and to send RL off in style (similar to Bettis or Elway). Last year would've been epic as well, going into Indy and winning there.

To Mackus point, I'm less of a Ravens fan than an O's fan so I don't have as much invested as most of you but I figured for it to surpass the O's run this year -- they'd have to get to the SB since they've already been to AFCCG twice in recent years. Am I off here?

I won't speak for Mackus, but for me, they'd have to win the SB, and even then I don't know if it would surpass what the O's did for me this year. As much as I love the Ravens, my passion about the O's is unmatched.

#7 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,148 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

I wouldn't even take a Super Bowl victory if it meant giving up this past Orioles season and instead had just a recently normal 68-win season.

That's just me, though, and others who are much more passionate about the Orioles and care deeper than about the Ravens. I think for Baltimore as a whole, just getting to the Super Bowl would put the city into a frenzy that significantly surpasses what we saw in October with the Orioles.

#8 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,555 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

I wouldn't even take a Super Bowl victory if it meant giving up this past Orioles season and instead had just a recently normal 68-win season.

That's just me, though, and others who are much more passionate about the Orioles and care deeper than about the Ravens. I think for Baltimore as a whole, just getting to the Super Bowl would put the city into a frenzy that significantly surpasses what we saw in October with the Orioles.

Agreed, good point.

#9 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,723 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

One step closer after an epic win in Denver.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#10 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,555 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

One step closer after an epic win in Denver.

I still can't believe it. A 70 yard bomb to Jacoby Jones with 31 seconds left. How does that happen? Best part is that Joe avoided the rush there, stepped up in the pocket, and delivered the bomb. Just an insane play, at the best time possible. Again, I still can't even believe it. I'll probably re-watch that game a few times. Just unreal.

#11 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,555 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

Just saw this tweet from Adam Schefter:

According to ESPN Stats and Information’s win probability model, Denver had a 97.2 percent chance of winning right before Jacoby Jones' TD.

Does it get any more epic than that?

#12 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

Just saw this tweet from Adam Schefter:

Does it get any more epic than that?

Yeah, I didn't see how the season would be considered epic before yesterday's game. But winning in the fashion they did will be added to the lore. The farther they go, the bigger yesterday's result becomes.
@levineps

#13 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,723 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

To answer my original post....pretty freaking epic.

#14 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

To answer my original post....pretty freaking epic.

Yeah, couldn't have foreseen the Denver game unfolding like it id then going into NE and getting revenge for last year's defeat. Regardless of what happens, it's hard to be disappointed with this team.
@levineps

#15 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

Well, well...
@levineps

#16 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:18 PM

As good a postseason run as any team has ever had.

#17 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

I'm not the biggest Flacco fan in the world (nor am I hater), but he did as well as any QB could do in the postseason, 11 TDs/0 INTs.
@levineps

#18 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,252 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

Pretty damn epic.

#19 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,723 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

When I started this thread I asked myself if I would jinx the team by asking it before the Colts game.

So much for that.

This has been one of the best month long experiences of my life. Having been able to go to the SB and party in New Orleans was just magical. I can't imagine this having unfolded in any better fashion, from the outcome of the games and the excitement, to where the actual SB was played. If it had been in any other city it wouldn't have been as special.

#20 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,661 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

As good a postseason run as any team has ever had.

I could not agree more. Had this been one of the media darlings, it would have gotten the credit that it was due. If either of the NY teams, Dallas, New England etc. had pulled this off then the phrase and question "Best postseason run ever?", would have been all over the web. I made the statement that Joe's throw to Jones was one of the great postseason plays of all time. Again, if it had happened in NY, the media world would have anointed as such.
Just incredible. Now 2 weeks after its conclusion, I am still thrilled and amazed.
@mikeghg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=