#141 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,553 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 10 January 2024 - 08:44 AM

Still annoyed we lost to them last year. In retrospect, knowing how bad the Giants actually are, that game sucked.
  • NewMarketSean and SonicAttack like this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#142 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,106 posts

Posted 10 January 2024 - 09:00 AM

Still annoyed we lost to them last year. In retrospect, knowing how bad the Giants actually are, that game sucked.

Ridiculous loss. The only Lamar loss to an NFC team and it was that garbage

#143 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 11 January 2024 - 09:25 AM

More like "Self destruct vs QBs Cover 0".  The Raiders game a couple years ago where the Manning brothers were shaking their head as cover 0 was continually called and Derek Carr picked them apart.

I get that a lot of football coaches and players have ego.  Self-confidence.  Whatever.  But if the reports of Wink cursing out Daboll and walking out of the building because Daboll was getting rid of two of "Wink's guys", that sounds like full on God complex.  Which makes plenty of sense considering the soundbite fodder who liked to give opponents every now and then, and his stubborn refusal to NOT play aggressive / Cover 0 type schemes when "coverage" is called for.  Just that "I'm right, I know more than everyone, my successes prove it... and if we fail, it's on the players alone" attitude he absolutely shows.

Wouldn't touch that dude with a 100 foot pole if the Daboll meeting reports are true.

#144 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,106 posts

Posted 11 January 2024 - 09:27 AM

One of the more overrated names in football Ive heard in awhile. Especially as only a DC

#145 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 11 January 2024 - 09:38 AM

I get that a lot of football coaches and players have ego.  Self-confidence.  Whatever.  But if the reports of Wink cursing out Daboll and walking out of the building because Daboll was getting rid of two of "Wink's guys", that sounds like full on God complex.  Which makes plenty of sense considering the soundbite fodder who liked to give opponents every now and then, and his stubborn refusal to NOT play aggressive / Cover 0 type schemes when "coverage" is called for.  Just that "I'm right, I know more than everyone, my successes prove it... and if we fail, it's on the players alone" attitude he absolutely shows.

Wouldn't touch that dude with a 100 foot pole if the Daboll meeting reports are true.

Just looking at total defense under two years of Wink, the Giants were 25th and 27th.  Not very good for someone with his attitude.

#146 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,156 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 07:53 PM

Nabers to the Giants at 6.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=