Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

BSL: Meet the Recruit: Derwin Gray

http://baltimorespor... ... rwin-gray/

Next up: MLB Cavon Walker (a teammate of Gray's at Friendship Collegiate Academy)
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#2 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

Good stuff. Im enjoying these write-up's but don't usually post in the threads since I don't know enough to add anything.

I will say that given our health issues at the QB position, this is a huge get for us.

#3 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

Good stuff. Im enjoying these write-up's but don't usually post in the threads since I don't know enough to add anything.

This is me too. I follow the Terps football team, but I don't have much to add. But very good stuff Zack, I'm enjoying these as well.

@AdamWolff

#4 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

Thanks guys, glad people are enjoying these. I'm learning a lot about these guys doing research for the articles, so that's a definite bonus as well.
@BSLZackKiesel

#5 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,279 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:30 AM

Testudo Times: Gray likely headed to Prep School
http://www.testudoti...yland-terrapins

Ugh.

#6 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:24 AM

Eh, may not be the worst thing really, as long as he still comes to MD.  Gives him another year to get bigger and stronger.  I was hoping they'd be able to redshirt him this year anyway.  With his talent he could be very very good as a 5th year senior.

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,279 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:38 AM

Eh, may not be the worst thing really, as long as he still comes to MD.  Gives him another year to get bigger and stronger.  I was hoping they'd be able to redshirt him this year anyway.  With his talent he could be very very good as a 5th year senior.

Yep, that's the potential upside. And I do see that Jeff Ermann (Inside MD Sports) believes that even if he preps, he won't reopen his recruitment.... but I'd still be worried about that. Also, while it's hard to count on any Freshman lineman to contribute at all, MD's depth at the position is still an issue. I would have felt better about him being available as a potential option this year if needed, while still trying to RS him.

Oh well I guess.

#8 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:18 AM

This will all be fine as long as he ends up at College Park next season. He was never really shaky on his commitment originally and committed fairly early, so it should be fine. But crazier things have happened. They were going to redshirt him anyway (Edsall hates starting freshman O-Linemen, Madaras was a rare case). Nick Klemm and Ryan Doyle should be able to hold down the RT spot in 2013 with Madaras at LT. 

The interesting thing will be who moves to RT, Gray or Madaras? They are both natural left tackles, but I'd assume they'd move Gray since he's the new guy.

@BSLZackKiesel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=