http://www.indystar....?nclick_check=1

#5 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:15 AM

I'm far from the biggest DVOA fan but it has merit for sure. It's noteworthy that Indy is ranked 28th in the league. 28th!!!!!

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,156 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:30 AM

Stampede Blue / SB Nation: Colts dominate Texans
http://www.stampedeb...-paganos-return

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,156 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:36 AM

National Football Post: Why Luck is even better than you think
http://www.nationalf...-you-think.html

#8 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,156 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:38 AM

Pro Football Focus: Texans / Colts
https://www.profootb...-colts-week-17/

Indianapolis – Three Performances of Note

Luck Delivers

I haven’t been completely convinced by Andrew Luck (+3.6) this year. I don’t think his, at times, erratic play has compared well to the more consistent work I’ve seen from other guys competing for rookie of the year.

But be that as it may, you’d be a fool to watch him against Houston and not come away impressed. There were some forced throws, but by and large he took what the defense gave him, and made the crucial play of the game when the opportunity presented itself. His inch perfect throw to T.Y. Hilton was the kind of pass that you really don’t see very often. Placed between three defenders, but in such a way it was never in danger of any of them touching it, it hit his receiver nearly 40 yards down the field in stride, leaving Hilton to streak into the end zone.

Special kudos as well to Luck who looks primed to challenge Tom Brady for sneakiest quarterback sneaker in the NFL. His two first-down conversion showed a real patience where others would have just buried down into a pile that wasn’t going to budge.

Pro Bowl Joke

I can’t be alone in wondering how Robert Mathis (-4.1) made it to the Pro Bowl, can I? Well, fresh off his selection he put forth a horrible performance, generating no pressure whatsoever, missing a tackle, and looking anything but a linebacker when dropping into coverage.

Amid the incredible transformation this franchise has undergone, it shouldn’t be forgotten that they’re going to get a lot better when they’re not fitting square pegs in round holes.

One to watch

With a third start in a row, we’re getting an extended look at Colts center A.Q. Shipley (+3.2), and this was a game where you couldn’t help but want to see more.

Facing a tough task of the powerful Shaun Cody and penetrating Earl Mitchell, Shipley for the most part won his encounters. It was particularly impressive to see him line up head-to-head with Cody and have little problem overpowering the Texan on more than one occasion. It presents Indy with a nice problem if, and when, Samson Satele is good to go.

Game Notes

- In the battle of two top receivers, Andre Johnson walked away with 141 yards on 40 routes (3.53 yards per route run), while Reggie Wayne was held to 40 on 28 routes (1.43 Yards Per route Run).

- Matt Schaub was pressured on seven drop-backs and took four sacks. Andrew Luck was pressured on nine and took just the one sack, but completed only 25% of his pressured passes.

- J.J. Watt picked up a tackle for a loss on 14.8% of all the running plays he was involved in.

Game Ball

In a game that was always going to be decided by a couple of plays here or there, two of them were made by Vontae Davis, and they were crucial in the Colts winning.

#9 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

Luck has been sacked the 4th most of any QB in the league.

#10 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:42 AM

According to Pierce(on ESPN), the Ravens are looking for a way out and will lose because of that.

#11 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,156 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

According to Pierce(on ESPN), the Ravens are looking for a way out and will lose because of that.

Yeah, I heard that. That's a bad reading of the Ravens.

The Ravens are in the playoffs for the 5th straight year. The only thing that mattered to that team was getting back to the playoffs and having a chance to play in a Super Bowl. I think the rest yesterday helps a lot.

I think the Colts get smoked.

#12 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

Yeah, I heard that. That's a bad reading of the Ravens.

The Ravens are in the playoffs for the 5th straight year. The only thing that mattered to that team was getting back to the playoffs and having a chance to play in a Super Bowl. I think the rest yesterday helps a lot.

I think the Colts get smoked.

I think the Ravens will win, but I'm expecting a closer game as in within two TDs.
@levineps

#13 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,156 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:43 AM

I think the Ravens will win, but I'm expecting a closer game as in within two TDs.

I'm expecting a 10-14 point Ravens win... but I've been wrong before, and will be wrong again. As long as the Ravens advance, don't care how it happens.

#14 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

I'm expecting a 10-14 point Ravens win... but I've been wrong before, and will be wrong again. As long as the Ravens advance, don't care how it happens.

Well no one is going to bat 1000 and I respect the fact, you make bold predictions before the game begins. I think were more or less in agreement, I took the "smoked" comment to be more than 10-14 points.
@levineps

#15 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

I think we tend to overrate the Luck INTs given the fact that he was asked to throw it so much and has such a poor OLine.

HOWEVER, the fact that he does have those things working against him means we should be able to beat him.

He will put up some yards passing because he is going to be asked to throw it 40+ times vs us.

I really don't think this is going to be that close of a game.

#16 BSLMattJergensen

BSLMattJergensen

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

My intial feelings are the same as yours Chris.

If the Ravens win the turnover battle they could win this one handily. This is a group that knows the pressure of the playoffs and let's not underestimate home field advantage.

After watching the celebration in the Colts locker room I'm not sure how they ramp up the same emotion next week on the road.

#17 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

My intial feelings are the same as yours Chris.

If the Ravens win the turnover battle they could win this one handily. This is a group that knows the pressure of the playoffs and let's not underestimate home field advantage.

After watching the celebration in the Colts locker room I'm not sure how they ramp up the same emotion next week on the road.

Agreed. This week was like SB week for the Colts. Pagano's return, playing so hard against Houston. Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney were going full out in the 4th quarter yesterday. Not sure why that made sense at all, and why no one is criticizing the organization for it.

I think the Colts will put up a fight at first but eventually lose by 14 to Baltimore...
@PeterDiLutis

#18 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

ESPN: Few rooting for Ravens outside Baltimore

http://espn.go.com/b...de-of-baltimore
@levineps

#19 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

What does this mean? I'm not understanding...
@PeterDiLutis

#20 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:18 AM

What does this mean? I'm not understanding...

I think what he was saying is the Ravens have quit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=