• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,293 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

Delaware State is 5-7 overall, 1-0 in the MEAC.

They are coming off of a 71-43 loss at Pittsburgh. That was a 4 point game at the half, with the Panthers outscoring the Hornets 40-16 in the 2nd half.

Pittsburgh won on the glass 33 to 10. Delaware State was 17 of 43 from the floor.
Sophomore Guard Tahj Tate was 8 of 17 from the floor, finishing with 19.

In the game prior to the loss at Pittsburgh, they lost by just 4 (80-76) at Penn State. In that game, Delaware State outscored the Nittany Lions by 8 in the 2nd half, to force OT.

Penn State won on the boards 37-31. Delaware State was 10 of 30 from 3 point land.The Hornets had 5 players with at-least 9 points in that game.

In both of the games vs. Pittsburgh, and Penn State; Delaware State had 8 turnovers in each game.

Delaware State's best win of the year was at Delaware.

#2 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

Delaware State is 5-7 overall, 1-0 in the MEAC.

They are coming off of a 71-43 loss at Pittsburgh. That was a 4 point game at the half, with the Panthers outscoring the Hornets 40-16 in the 2nd half.

Pittsburgh won on the glass 33 to 10. Delaware State was 17 of 43 from the floor.
Sophomore Guard Tahj Tate was 8 of 17 from the floor, finishing with 19.

In the game prior to the loss at Pittsburgh, they lost by just 4 (80-76) at Penn State. In that game, Delaware State outscored the Nittany Lions by 8 in the 2nd half, to force OT.

Penn State won on the boards 37-31. Delaware State was 10 of 30 from 3 point land.The Hornets had 5 players with at-least 9 points in that game.

In both of the games vs. Pittsburgh, and Penn State; Delaware State had 8 turnovers in each game.

Delaware State's best win of the year was at Delaware.

I think Maryland needs to have two sharp, crisp games before conference play. I look for Turgeon to play these two games with rotations similar to what he plans using in conference.

One other thing, can not wait to actually watch Maryland on the TV and not the computer.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
@mikeghg

#3 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

Maryland sporting the black uniforms today.
@mikeghg

#4 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

Maryland comes out a little flat down 5-4 at the first TO. Cleare came in for Len at the 17 minute mark. Shaq with a quick layup.

Delaware State taking the clock down inside 10 on their possessions by running the weave.
@mikeghg

#5 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

Mitchell working hard inside with 4 baskets. Two of nice passes from Allen then Len.
Terps up 21-16
@mikeghg

#6 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

Maryland closes the half with a big 25-6 run to lead 40-22. Turgeon turned up the pressure, in the last 7 minutes.

Nice contributions from the bench that played more than the starters.
Allen 5, Mitchell 8, Layman and Shaq 6 apiece.
Len only 2 shots for 2 points, Wells with 4 including a monster dunk.
@mikeghg

#7 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,497 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

So assuming this lead holds, can the Terps be crowned MEAC Champs? They'll be 3-0 in conference. They can be the first team to secure a tournament bid.

#8 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

Nice game from Mitchell, A double double.
@mikeghg

#9 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

Maryland wins by 29. Bench played well today.

BTW, hopefully only one more game of Glenn Consor. He is awful. Sometimes, I wonder if he is watching the same game.
@mikeghg

#10 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,293 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

BSL: Terps sting Delaware State; The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
http://baltimorespor...e-bad-the-ugly/

#11 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

BSL: Terps sting Delaware State; The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
http://baltimorespor...e-bad-the-ugly/

Charles Mitchell was the real good today. 19 points and 13 rebounds.

The young guy reminds me of Buck WIlliams. Relentless on the boards.
@mikeghg

#12 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,525 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

Charles Mitchell was the real good today. 19 points and 13 rebounds.

The young guy reminds me of Buck WIlliams. Relentless on the boards.

Agreed... Mitchell continues to surprise and impress me. He's been fun to watch.

#13 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

Got to go to the game today. Not a terrible-sized crowd for a snowy saturday in the midst of a holiday season, but it was pretty dead for the most part.

This freshmen class is pretty impressive IMO. I think all 4 of the guys seeing minutes now are going to be legitimate, front line starters. Mitchell and Cleare are going to dominate the blocks over the next 2-3 years.

Alex Len - I get the hype about his skill set, and if the season ends and he's still projected to go highly, I certainly would expect him to leave. But I just don't think he's a guy who's mentally ready to play in the NBA. It's hard for me to envision him going up against the top big guys in the NBA and not backing down. Maybe he's just uninspired against the weaker competition.

I'm very interested to see what Turgeon does when conference play starts. I think it's great that he's keeping guys rested, but you've got to let some of these guys get some more minutes. No one played more than 24 minutes today. Len played 17. You look back over the box scores and a lot of times no one played over 30 minutes. And while I think it's great to get guys some time and experience against cupcakes, I just feel like there's no real identity to the team. No go-to guy.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#14 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

I think the identity is a tough deep team that plays good D and works the offense inside/out.
As for the go to guy, I think that is Wells. Turgeon has intentionally spread the minutes. He has used the NC schedule as an audition.
Look for Len, Wells, Padgett, Faust and Allen to play the key minutes with Shaq, Mitchell and Howard and Aronhalt in the mix. Layman will have to show up in limited time and if he does he will get more minutes.
@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=