162 replies to this topic

#121 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,526 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

Glad Tucker was able to get that last kick out of mind.

#122 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,526 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

Hate going into the playoffs on a negative note, meaningless game or not.

#123 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,546 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

Hate going into the playoffs on a negative note, meaningless game or not.

Because it was meaningless, I don't view it as negative at all.

#124 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,526 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

Because it was meaningless, I don't view it as negative at all.

I guess it just feels that way. Still, I can't see them beating Indy.

#125 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,546 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

Really?

#126 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,526 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

Really?

Really. Indy is just a better team.

#127 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

LOL. You can't see them beating Indy. Really. You can't see it?? You can't see how the team that is going to be a 3-6 point favorite can win??? I mean I think it's going to be a tough game but come on.

#128 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,546 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

Interesting. Not being a smart ass, just curious. I wonder if I'm in the minority in feeling that Indy really isn't that great (they've had an easy schedule), and would be pretty surprised if the Ravens didn't win next week.

#129 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

At least this week we'll find out how many truly stupid fans there are in this town. Taylor ran around nice, but that was because he had to run, and he was erratic passing the ball, had one picked for a TD and another that should have been.

It was good to get him experience in a game where there wasn't much at stake and he could make those mistakes, but right now if he's playing quarterback the team is in trouble.

#130 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

Interesting. Not being a smart ass, just curious. I wonder if I'm in the minority in feeling that Indy really isn't that great (they've had an easy schedule), and would be pretty surprised if the Ravens didn't win next week.

Indy is solid. Not a top teir AFC team, but neither are we. I think the game will likely be tight. Gotta hope for some of those Luck turnovers.

#131 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,526 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

Their defense is nothing special, but then neither is the Ravens. I think Indy is better offensively, but I suppose Caldwell could make a difference....I haven't seen enough of him to tell.

#132 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

At least this week we'll find out how many truly stupid fans there are in this town. Taylor ran around nice, but that was because he had to run, and he was erratic passing the ball, had one picked for a TD and another that should have been.

It was good to get him experience in a game where there wasn't much at stake and he could make those mistakes, but right now if he's playing quarterback the team is in trouble.

Anybody with any kind of brain has known for awhile that we would be in trouble if Tyrod was our QB. Again, I think he's an explosive athlete and I'd like to see him get a few touches in games somehow but he's not a good enough thrower of the football to be a QB in the NFL.

#133 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

Their defense is nothing special, but then neither is the Ravens. I think Indy is better offensively, but I suppose Caldwell could make a difference....I haven't seen enough of him to tell.

I think the Ravens defense has clearly stepped uo in recent weeks. I think they can make Indy one demisional and really get after Luck and hopefully force some turnovers. I do still have concerns about our offense but I think the defense will step up in this game. Think it'll be a relatively low scoring game. SOmewhere in the 20 -17 range.

#134 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

Really? Based on what? Support this bogus claim. I mean, I know you are consistenly Mr doom and gloom about the Ravens but please, give your reasons.

#135 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,634 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

Indy has the better QB. That's about it.

Combine that with the game being in the cold at home and I think we win by a score.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#136 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,083 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

Indy is decent, but we're the better team. I don't think it's a game we will definitely win, but it is a game that I think we should win.

The last two weeks of the season completely changed my outlook on the team heading into the playoffs. They played their best game of the season last week to show they could still pull things together when needed. Then the defense played quite well today, against both the first and second strings of Cincinnati.

Three weeks ago I didn't think we were going to win another game. Now I think we have a great chance of beating Indianapolis next week and then in the 2nd round would have a good chance at beating Houston, toss up against New England, and have a really tough time winning against Denver. Houston's loss really hurts our road to the Championship game, IMO. They were reeling, and would have been the easiest possible opponent of all of the potential round 2 matchups. I think we've got a shot in a fairly high scoring game with New England, but Denver is going to be a really tough matchup.

#137 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,526 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

Really? Based on what? Support this bogus claim. I mean, I know you are consistenly Mr doom and gloom about the Ravens but please, give your reasons.

They've won 5 of 6 and are playing very good football right now. Ravens have lost 4 of 5 going into the playoffs. That's a telling trend to me. Consistently doom and gloom? No, it's just very clear to me that unlike the past several years this team is not a legitimate SB contender.

#138 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

They've won 5 of 6 and are playing very good football right now. Ravens have lost 4 of 5 going into the playoffs. That's a telling trend to me. Consistently doom and gloom? No, it's just very clear to me that unlike the past several years this team is not a legitimate SB contender.

Mackus is right. The last two weeks should give Balt fans some hope. The offense stepped up last week. We have no idea if that carries over going into the playoffs. I'm concerned, mostly with the Oline, but last week at least gives some reason to believe the offense can be effective. Defenssively, I think we've clearly seen them step up the last two weeks. Really, they were pretty solid against Denver as well. Ellerbe and Kruger have really stepped up their games. We get the emotional leader in Ray back. Suggs and Ngata got a week off to get even healthier. I really believe their is reason to think this defense is back to being legit.

That said, it's a substantially tougher road having to face Denver in round 2 which is probable. Denver is the best team in football. They're better than us . We can win but we'll need to bring our A game and then hope Peyton is a bit off.

#139 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

I think we'll beat Indy if our defense gets us two scores (or puts us in our own red zone at least twice). Otherwise, if our offense has to win the game, I think we lose.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#140 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

I think we'll beat Indy if our defense gets us two scores. Otherwise, if our offense has to win the game, I think we lose.

LOL. Our defense has to get 2 scores?? Really. Poor statement. What a bunch of negative nellies. I'm not sure if you people are severly overrating the Colts or underrating the Ravens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=