#2 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

Nice write-up, a good summary of where we are and what lies ahead. I definitely agree that the 18 game ACC-schedule is good for us considering our OOC schedule. Like you, I hope the students are back for VaTech, and that the place is rocking. Gotta start early and get on a roll.

I think Wells is going to get better as the year goes on. I expect he'll turn the ball over less, and make the three pointer more often.

#3 BSLMattJergensen

BSLMattJergensen

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

I agree with a lot of what is said here.

One of this team's strengths is sharing the basketball but I agree that they do need to make more of an effort to ensure that Len touches the ball most possessions. Aaronhalt will be relgated to zone buster during conference play and I do expect both Allen and Layman to improve as the season progresses. The Terps depth on the baseline is a huge plus over most teams in the conference.

I'm still waiting for this team to really get tested and I know I'll be waiting a while for it. I need to see these guys get "punched in the mouth" by a team and see how they respond. I'd like to think they'd compete but time will tell.

#4 Mr. Oriole

Mr. Oriole
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

Nice write-up.

I find it interesting that Turg spends time in his pressers lowering expectations but gauging from the polls, no one outside do the DC /Baltimore corridor is really paying attention to this team yet.

Part of me wishes this team could play a few winnable games with the added pressure that comes when the national pundits are singing your praises and your highlights are near the top of Sportscenter. Deal with that now instead of after you win the first couple of ACC games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=