#21 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

I'd be glad to contribute something of note, though I have no podcast capabilities. I'd probably have to go over someone else's house. LOL.

#22 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:39 AM

I'd be potentially interested in a guest spot at some point, depending on the topic and if I feel I'm knowledgable enough to hang.

#23 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,322 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

At some point or another, I anticipate we will ask nearly all of our posters to be guests. This is a show to show the talents, intelligence, and diverse points of view of our board members.

It will be no different than if you called into a regular radio show, except the hosts will actually want to hear from you, and you will provide better thoughts than the largely irrational base that makes up talk radio callers.

We picture 15 minute segments (+/-), where the hosts will get to know a bit, maybe discuss a recent post you've made, and give you the floor to make any larger points you have.

#24 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

I'd be potentially interested in a guest spot at some point, depending on the topic and if I feel I'm knowledgable enough to hang.

Yeah. I should probably have prefaced that here. I'm more than capable of holding my own in any baseball conversation (with prep), and I could probably get there in college basketball...football, I'm not 100% in-the-know on X's and O's.

Also, wrestling. I'd -crush- some wrestling conversation! :-P

Personally (I think I may have said this before), there's just nobody around to talk baseball with. Nobody around me really gives a damn to -that- point (example: I bring up Billy Butler to some of my co-workers or friends, and they ask, "Who's Billy Butler?", and I facepalm). Nobody cares about OPS, walk rates...people talk about how Matt Wieters has no value because his batting average is .240. I mean, stuff like that. When it comes to baseball, I like talking to people that know as much or more than I do. Which is pretty much why I'm on sites like these.

Ok, rant over.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#25 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

Yeah. I should probably have prefaced that here. I'm more than capable of holding my own in any baseball conversation (with prep), and I could probably get there in college basketball...football, I'm not 100% in-the-know on X's and O's.

Personally (I think I may have said this before), there's just nobody around to talk baseball with. Nobody around me really gives a damn to -that- point (example: I bring up Billy Butler to some of my co-workers or friends, and they ask, "Who's Billy Butler?", and I facepalm). Nobody cares about OPS, walk rates...people talk about how Matt Wieters has no value because his batting average is .240. I mean, stuff like that. When it comes to baseball, I like talking to people that know as much or more than I do. Which is pretty much why I'm on sites like these.

Ok, rant over.

I agree 100%. Therewithin lies the opportunity for BSL Radio. Not only will it cater to folks like us, but it will also serve as a great public service to provide intelligent sports discussion to the public... something they really aren't getting right now from the Baltimore media.

#26 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

Ok, rant over.

Sooooooooooooooooo, our daily emails mean nothing to you... ;)

Oh, and I'd join others in loving a guest shot one day. Baseball, Hoops & Pop Culture only...NOt a Football guy at all.
@beginthebegin71

#27 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

Oh, and I'd join others in loving a guest shot one day. Baseball, Hoops & Pop Culture only...NOt a Football guy at all.

Ha! Your daily e-mails keep my brain functional!

"Mark Trumbo? Is that a player that actually exists? What a strange name."

This is a comment I actually got. Ha.

#28 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

Actually, some kind of betting segment could be good.

#29 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

That would be good. In addition to Seth and others... Jeremy Conn is a gambling fiend and might be willing to throw you a few minutes, I find him very entertaining with this stuff. He seems pretty accessible via the Twitter.

#30 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

I'd love it. Just say the word.
@beginthebegin71

#31 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

Ha! Your daily e-mails keep my brain functional!
"Mark Trumbo? Is that a player that actually exists? What a strange name."

This is a comment I actually got. Ha.

I love my Brown Bear!
@beginthebegin71

#32 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

Aww! *heart*

#33 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

So..."The Epic" is Derek Jeter, apparently.

#34 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

So..."The Epic" is Derek Jeter, apparently.

There's a "gift basket" joke in there somewhere that I'm too lazy to find.

#35 Mr. Oriole

Mr. Oriole
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

Message Board Wars
Episode 1
Chapter 1

Orioles Anonymous featuring JTrea and Maybe2050
http://www.oriolesanonymous.com/
vs
The Olsen Twins Message Board featuring Mary Kate and Ashley
http://www.olsentwin...Message_Boards/

Who has the most drama? Who still cares enough to post there? Let the battle begin!

By the way - for Maybe - this is personal. He was kicked off the Olsen Twins board several months ago.

#36 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

For the first few episodes, while Mweb and I get used to this and each other, we won't have guests...but probably around the first of the year, we will start bringing in one of you every week.

#37 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,619 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

Pretty excited to listen to this.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#38 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,383 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

Well, at least people that don't care for myself or SG will be able to make fun of our podcasting skills. :lol:

Speaking of message board wars, I've been tuning up for the podcast with some heated exchanges (not my intention). Maybe this show should have a segment of analysis of actual message board wars. :lol:

#39 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,243 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

This may sound weird and/or downright creepy, but it's always interesting to hear people's voices after reading their thoughts, opinions, and ideas for 5+ years. Just to see if "that voice" you've imagined for a particular person is close to accurate or not.

#40 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,383 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

This may sound weird and/or downright creepy, but it's always interesting to hear people's voices after reading their thoughts, opinions, and ideas for 5+ years. Just to see if "that voice" you've imagined for a particular person is close to accurate or not.

Don't worry, I'm not creeped out. :lol:

I don't imagine people's voices, though. What is the voice you've imagined for SG and myself?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=