#1 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

I think in addition to the type of guests that have been on, it would be entertaining if some posters were guests or if there was a separate podcast for 2-3 posters. I know that was brought up a long time ago, I believe by bnickle and while it wouldn't necessarily be much of a draw to non foxhole or BSL posters, it might be enticing within that crowd.

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,471 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

If you, or another BSL Poster were interested in hosting a weekly show featuring other BSL posters I could be interested in that.

The way I picture it, there would be a consistent host. The host would have other posters (1-3 per week) rotate in as guests.

There would be an opportunity to 'meet' the poster, and for the poster to address any specific questions from other posters, and/or debate things diplomatically.

While it would be 'entertaining radio' if a couple of posters were combative with each other, I'd only want this if the discussions could be respectful.

It would take some work on the hosts part (booking guests, writing up questions, being consistent). If anyone thinks they might be interested in that, think everything over, and send me a note.

#3 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

If you, or another BSL Poster were interested in hosting a weekly show featuring other BSL posters I could be interested in that.

The way I picture it, there would be a consistent host. The host would have other posters (1-3 per week) rotate in as guests.

There would be an opportunity to 'meet' the poster, and for the poster to address any specific questions from other posters, and/or debate things diplomatically.

While it would be 'entertaining radio' if a couple of posters were combative with each other, I'd only want this if the discussions could be respectful.

It would take some work on the hosts part (booking guests, writing up questions, being consistent). If anyone thinks they might be interested in that, think everything over, and send me a note.

What's the fun in that? :lol:

I think people are in general less combative when they're actually talking to each other opposed to typing on a message board.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#4 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,386 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

What's the fun in that? :lol:

I think people are in general less combative when they're actually talking to each other opposed to typing on a message board.

Man, I hope so.
@JeremyMStrain

#5 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

Man, I hope so.

Haha

BNickle and I have made it through a couple games unscathed despite sometimes having issues on here and before that on the foxhole.

#6 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,386 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

Haha

BNickle and I have made it through a couple games unscathed despite sometimes having issues on here and before that on the foxhole.

I just think it's interesting the core group that we have here because most of us have had run ins with each other in some form or another. At least on my part there is still a lot of respect no matter how much bickering.
@JeremyMStrain

#7 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

I just think it's interesting the core group that we have here because most of us have had run ins with each other in some form or another. At least on my part there is still a lot of respect no matter how much bickering.

Yeah, I respect just about everyone on this site quite a bit even though I've had some serious arguments or whatever with some.

#8 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,471 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

Maybe SG should host? :)

#9 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

Maybe SG should host? :)

Well he and any number of others could have an entertaining show if it's framed as more of a debate show like a PTI or First Take.

And he's kinda like the Yankees of message board posting as many like him, but many that don't seem to love to hate him, so either way there's interest. :lol:

#10 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

What would be interesting is to have a schtick kind of thing. Maybe that isn't the right word but to have a consistent format that is more entertainment and fun. Take the BS Report each week with Simmons and Cousin Sal guess the lines each week during the football season. From there they kind of review each game and team from the previous week. SO as a listener you can play along guessing the lines, an element of fun, while also listening to two guys talk football. Of course, they both were/are writers and are able to mix in some humor as well which helps the podcast. That is kind of my vision for any posters type podcast. I'm not saying we steal their guess the line thing but find something where we can get some posters together and have some fun and make it fun to listen. More of an entertainment angle. I think the guys you have doing the podcasts now do a good job at taking the more professional route. They are getting legit guests, asking the serious questions and discussinig important issues. I'm thinking something more from just a fan perspective. Thats all most of the posters here are at the core. We have no thoughts of being sports journalists. We just want to sit around the bar so to speak and shoot the breeze. I think most of the posters here respect each other for the most part even though we disagree at times. I don't think being respectful on a podcast would be an issue anyway but if everybody involved went in realizing they are just there to have fun and not take themselves too seriously that makes everything that much easier.

I'll brainstorm a bit and I encourage anyone else to do the same.

#11 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

Well he and any number of others could have an entertaining show if it's framed as more of a debate show like a PTI or First Take.

And he's kinda like the Yankees of message board posting as many like him, but many that don't seem to love to hate him, so either way there's interest. :lol:

You mean,I could be like the Duke of hosts? Sounds about right to me! LOL

#12 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

You mean,I could be like the Duke of hosts? Sounds about right to me! LOL

Without the wins, yes. ;)

#13 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,471 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

What would be interesting is to have a schtick kind of thing. Maybe that isn't the right word but to have a consistent format that is more entertainment and fun. Take the BS Report each week with Simmons and Cousin Sal guess the lines each week during the football season. From there they kind of review each game and team from the previous week. SO as a listener you can play along guessing the lines, an element of fun, while also listening to two guys talk football. Of course, they both were/are writers and are able to mix in some humor as well which helps the podcast. That is kind of my vision for any posters type podcast. I'm not saying we steal their guess the line thing but find something where we can get some posters together and have some fun and make it fun to listen. More of an entertainment angle. I think the guys you have doing the podcasts now do a good job at taking the more professional route. They are getting legit guests, asking the serious questions and discussing important issues. I'm thinking something more from just a fan perspective. Thats all most of the posters here are at the core. We have no thoughts of being sports journalists. We just want to sit around the bar so to speak and shoot the breeze. I think most of the posters here respect each other for the most part even though we disagree at times. I don't think being respectful on a podcast would be an issue anyway but if everybody involved went in realizing they are just there to have fun and not take themselves too seriously that makes everything that much easier.

I'll brainstorm a bit and I encourage anyone else to do the same.

Some good thoughts here. The entertainment angle is definitely one reason (the primary reason) to do this. I'm comfortable with this being more more light-hearted. However, the site does have aspirations of being regarded as 'professional' in the near term.

A PTI format (with better analysis) could work.

#14 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

Some good thoughts here. The entertainment angle is definitely one reason (the primary reason) to do this. I'm comfortable with this being more more light-hearted. However, the site does have aspirations of being regarded as 'professional' in the near term.

A PTI format (with better analysis) could work.

Yeah, I agree. Well more like First Take with better analysis as that show gave and I assume still gives them quite a bit of time to talk about each subject and there's some more leniency regarding how long each topic can go on.

A lot would depend on the people involved.

#15 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,646 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:35 AM

I think in addition to the type of guests that have been on, it would be entertaining if some posters were guests or if there was a separate podcast for 2-3 posters. I know that was brought up a long time ago, I believe by bnickle and while it wouldn't necessarily be much of a draw to non foxhole or BSL posters, it might be enticing within that crowd.

I was just thinking this yesterday. There's a lot of posters on here I'd be interested to hear from. Very knowledgable group here. Not to mention the possible debates.

#16 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:04 PM

Clearly we need a podcast featuring myself and BNickle talking about Flacco and RGIII, and then SG can come in and we can debate Betemit and platoons some more. :lol:

I can't promise it would remain civil, though Stoner. :lol:

#17 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,386 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

Clearly we need a podcast featuring myself and BNickle talking about Flacco and RGIII, and then SG can come in and we can debate Betemit and platoons some more. :lol:

I can't promise it would remain civil, though Stoner. :lol:

Can we also have a later segment about McLouth resigning?
@JeremyMStrain

#18 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

Can we also have a later segment about McLouth resigning?

Haha, yes, but now it's not as exciting since there isn't much opposition since it's for such a low amount of money.

#19 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

Best
Idea
Ever.

How about Rob & I do an hour on Carolina & Duke every week? ;)
@beginthebegin71

#20 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,471 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

Best
Idea
Ever.

How about Rob & I do an hour on Carolina & Duke every week? ;)

Ha!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=