#761 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,568 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

Good deal. So why would they listen out of curiosity?

They listen to the BSL podcasts by don't post due to a lack of confidence of their sports knowledge.

#762 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

They listen to the BSL podcasts by don't post due to a lack of confidence of their sports knowledge.

Interesting. Do you think they're right to lack confidence? And if so, you should send them over to the foxhole and they'll fit in just fine. :lol:

#763 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,568 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

Interesting. Do you think they're right to lack confidence? And if so, you should send them over to the foxhole and they'll fit in just fine. :lol:

Kind of. They look at me like I have three heads when I mention WAR... And think W's are uber important for SP. they're not morons, but they're a bit old school.

#764 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,717 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

So will you be betting Denver next week?

You mean just like I bet Wash (-2) today? Sure.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#765 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

Kind of. They look at me like I have three heads when I mention WAR... And think W's are uber important for SP. they're not morons, but they're a bit old school.

Well listening to the podcasts should help.

#766 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

Peter..don't believe your own hype..you aren't that good.

#767 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

Right, but if you aren't pressuring him, then guys shouldn't be completely open. Johnson let garcon right past him for the TD, wasn't within 10 yards. Either 3 man rush with big coverage or single and rush. Can't do a 4-man pass rush and not cover the #1 receiver.

Oh I agree...but that's the Pees 2 min defense...been killing us all year...just hasn't always cost us the game like it did today.

#768 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

And you think you know a lot about sports?

Do you realize how many NFL and college teams would INSTANTLY call John Harbaugh to be their coach?

Sorry to be a dick, but your post deserves it.

No, I know I know a lot about sports and I always know I know a lot more than you.

Our OC is horrible...I have seen you bitch about him many times so let's not act like you are happy with him. If John is unable to see the deficiencies at the coordinator positions and can't see that they lack he ability to adjust and things like that, then yes, I do think he should be fired.

These things are obvious....the offensive issues have been plaguing them for years and they still do the same thing over and over again. We are winning a lot of games but that's not good enough anymore. We are becoming the Braves...it's great to win, it's great to get into the playoffs but if you can't take that next step, you have to ask why and a big reason why is coaching.

So yes, I do expect Harbaugh to recognize that and I do expect Bisciotti to say to Harbaugh that we have a ton of money tied up in Rice, Boldin, Yanda, Leach and soon Flacco and that he needs to get an OC that will do a better job and if he isn't willing to do that, then John can go.

Pete, do you understand what improvement means? Adjustments?

#769 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

Guys aren't generally able to play at all or walk around somewhat decently after an ACL tear. So I'm hopeful based on that and what he's said.

You can walk around on an ACL tear. Jamal Lewis walked off the field under his own power when he tore his.

I'm guessing its a sprain though...sprained mcl or something like that.

I still say the most impressive thing that happened today was that 60 yard incompletion to Moss...that was disgusting.

#770 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

You can walk around on an ACL tear. Jamal Lewis walked off the field under his own power when he tore his.

I'm guessing its a sprain though...sprained mcl or something like that.

I still say the most impressive thing that happened today was that 60 yard incompletion to Moss...that was disgusting.

You can, but I used the word generally. Guys don't usually play after tearing their ACL.

Yes, that was a great pass.

#771 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

You can, but I used the word generally. Guys don't usually play after tearing their ACL.

Yes, that was a great pass.

Generally don't care what happens to other players on other teams but it would suck to see Griffin hurt and hurt bad.

And the funny thing is, he didn't even do that much today...it's a shame Pees ended up calling the last drive the way he did. From the beginning of the second quarter to that last drive, the Ravens D played well. But coaching killed them late.

Between the defense that was called, not going for points in the last 30 seconds...and, with that, you should have had 2 timeouts but for some reason, harbaugh lines up for a fake punt and then burns a timeout for no reason.

#772 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

Generally don't care what happens to other players on other teams but it would suck to see Griffin hurt and hurt bad.

And the funny thing is, he didn't even do that much today...it's a shame Pees ended up calling the last drive the way he did. From the beginning of the second quarter to that last drive, the Ravens D played well. But coaching killed them late.

Between the defense that was called, not going for points in the last 30 seconds...and, with that, you should have had 2 timeouts but for some reason, harbaugh lines up for a fake punt and then burns a timeout for no reason.

He had success throwing the ball, but yeah, a lot of it was early (same for the Ravens). There were a few crucial drops after that, though.

He didn't do much at all running the ball, but just the threat of him running helps Morris out a lot.

#773 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

He had success throwing the ball, but yeah, a lot of it was early (same for the Ravens). There were a few crucial drops after that, though.

He didn't do much at all running the ball, but just the threat of him running helps Morris out a lot.

Yea...the Ravens game plan seemed to be, don't let Griffin beat us with his legs. Well, he didn't.

Morris had a great first 5 carries and another drive in the 3rdQ(after one of the turnovers) but outside of that, the Ravens contained him well and if they could tackle, they would have done an even better job.

#774 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,164 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

Guys aren't generally able to play at all or walk around somewhat decently after an ACL tear. So I'm hopeful based on that and what he's said.

I don't think this is true. ACL tears you can usually walk around, even do some light stuff. Just can't really cut or move quickly. I've known some people who have torn their ACL and didn't have it taken care of for months. It's just athletes that tend to get them taken care of right away, since the sooner you get the surgery the sooner you're back.

I don't think RGIII's injury is an ACL, though. I think he'll be ok within a couple weeks.

#775 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,164 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

If they had that 2nd timeout, or even all 3 (I forget when they called the other one...oh yeah, right before the 2 point, so should have all 3, no need to call that one either), I would've felt a lot stronger that they should have tried to do something at the end of the half. If you can get to the 45 yard line, you could have Tucker try a 60+ yarder.

With just the one, I think it was the right call. More likely that the Ravens turn it over there than get a chance to score, even though neither were high-probability outcomes. Most likely is that it would go to OT anyway.

#776 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

I don't think this is true. ACL tears you can usually walk around, even do some light stuff. Just can't really cut or move quickly. I've known some people who have torn their ACL and didn't have it taken care of for months. It's just athletes that tend to get them taken care of right away, since the sooner you get the surgery the sooner you're back.

I don't think RGIII's injury is an ACL, though. I think he'll be ok within a couple weeks.

Well a ACL sprain is technically a tear too. If it's really torn to the point where surgery would be needed, I don't think people are generally walking just fine right after they tore it, and I'm more confident in saying that guys don't generally continue to play football right after tearing their ACL.

I had a pretty bad sprain of my ACL and MCL playing flag football once and there was no way I felt I could continue to play. But clearly I'm a sissy compared to RG Griffin. :lol:

Either way, we'll find out soon enough.

#777 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,164 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

I'm more confident in saying that guys don't generally continue to play football right after tearing their ACL.

This is true, IMO. I haven't seen many guys stay in or go back in once they've had a tear. Walking around on the sideline, though, is a different story.

#778 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

If they had that 2nd timeout, or even all 3 (I forget when they called the other one...oh yeah, right before the 2 point, so should have all 3, no need to call that one either), I would've felt a lot stronger that they should have tried to do something at the end of the half. If you can get to the 45 yard line, you could have Tucker try a 60+ yarder.

With just the one, I think it was the right call. More likely that the Ravens turn it over there than get a chance to score, even though neither were high-probability outcomes. Most likely is that it would go to OT anyway.

Why was it likely they turn it over? The Redskins pass d is terrible. You needed to 35-40 yards to have a chance. With a timeout in your pocket, you could attack the whole area of the field.

It was definitely worth a try.

#779 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

Why was it likely they turn it over? The Redskins pass d is terrible. You needed to 35-40 yards to have a chance. With a timeout in your pocket, you could attack the whole area of the field.

He's not saying it was likely. Just more likely than getting a score there. And yeah, the Skins secondary is bad, but they did generate 2 turnovers from pass plays and have been good at creating turnovers throughout the season.

#780 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,164 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

I never said it was likely. I said it was more likely than scoring, which I think is true. I think it was the right call to pack it in and go to OT. If they had 3 timeouts and could have taken 3 or 4 plays towards the middle, then it would've been a better chance of success and worth the risk.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=