• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,000 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

Jeff Ermann from Inside MD Sports (http://maryland.247sports.com/) sent out an a mass email, previewing the latest premium recruiting information.

I'm not a premium member of IMS, and would not report their premium info if I was. If you want the latest and greatest news in MD recruiting, you should sign up for IMS. Jeff does excellent reporting.

I will share the free info Jeff provided:

"Today we have some recruiting scoop surrounding Maryland basketball. Here's a sample of the news in today's Maryland Hoops Insider.

I'm told by a good source that Maryland will make the cut for prized Minneapolis guard Rashad Vaughn. While the competition will remain fierce, this is big news for a few reasons:

1. Maryland will make the cut despite not having visited him lately, while several schools who have been pressing up on him will miss the cut. This speaks to the Terps increased recruiting power - probably would've missed the cut regardless of visits and the like in previous years.

2. It shows that the Big 10 move will help with some big-time prospects.

3. It means they're still in the hunt for the No.2 shooting guard in the nation. With Roddy Peters coming in next year, the biggest remaining need is a dynamic scorer on the wing.

Speaking of which ... I was curious if the move would hurt with local guys who seem predisposed to want to play a schedule with a regional flavor.

Not the case with Dion Wiley.

"The tradition and history within the ACC obviously holds a lot of weight with basketball fans but my decision is better than basketball," he told me. "I will continue to look at the schools from more than one aspect, like conference, because ultimately the school I choose will fit me in every way."

Roddy is still working really hard on Wiley. I see his recruitment lasting a while, though, and it's still hard to handicap ..."

• BSLMikeLowe likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=