• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:35 PM

Enjoying today's Bulls vs. Heat game. Both teams playing at a high level of intensity on both sides of the court. What really stands out is the depth of both sides, even with Deng out for Chicago.

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:56 PM

Do you think Chicago can best Miami in a 7 game series? If not, what do you think their roster needs to obtain?

#3 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,383 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:59 PM

Do you think Chicago can best Miami in a 7 game series? If not, what do you think their roster needs to obtain?

They can. I think it mostly comes down to how well Miami plays. LeBron has shown that he can dominate in the playoffs or disappear. So if it's the latter or anything close, the Bulls would likely win.

I think their roster is pretty well put together. Obviously if they could get Dwight Howard that would be something to explore, but he would come at a high price.

#4 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:13 PM

They can. I think it mostly comes down to how well Miami plays. LeBron has shown that he can dominate in the playoffs or disappear. So if it's the latter or anything close, the Bulls would likely win.

I think their roster is pretty well put together. Obviously if they could get Dwight Howard that would be something to explore, but he would come at a high price.

If Lebron plays to the level he can, Heat win it all for years. Whether he does that is another question.

Bulls have a well constructed roster. Guys like Brewer, Deng, Hamilton, Korver, Boozer, etc. are excellent for hitting the open shot when the defense collapses on Rose. Noah, Asik, and Gibson bust their ass for rebounds and get the team plenty of second chance opportunities. And of course, D Rose is D Rose, a top player in the league.

I definitely hope they meet in the Eastern Conference Finals.

@AdamWolff

#5 FlavaDave10

FlavaDave10

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationBalmer

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:47 PM

Some consistent scorers other than D-Rose. He's going to exhaust himself if he has to carry the team through the playoffs by himself (which is exactly what happened last year against Miami).

"We're not going to be f***ing suck this year" - Alex Ovechkin

@BaltimoreDavey

#6 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,383 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:28 PM

Some consistent scorers other than D-Rose. He's going to exhaust himself if he has to carry the team through the playoffs by himself (which is exactly what happened last year against Miami).

Some of that is on him, though. He's not a pass first PG at all.

I think the perception that the Bulls are a one man team is nonsense. First of all, their defense is the #1 reason why they're a contender, and Rose is not a good defender. Even with Rose, the offense was below average last year. Furthermore, they have 3 borderline all-star players in Deng, Noah, and Boozer, plus a former all-star in RIP, and a very good cast of role players.

Now Boozer has regressed some since leaving the Jazz, but I believe much of that is due to going from a PG and an offense that presented him with a lot of good scoring opportunities to ones that don't.

So Boozer has been a consistent 20 ppg or so scorer throughout his career, Deng is a 17.5 ppg guy, and RIP is a 15 ppg player. Don't tell me that's not good enough on an elite defensive team that has a great scorer to go along with these guys.

#7 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,383 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:16 PM

Maybe this recent stretch will show people that the Bulls are a pretty good team without Rose.

#8 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:49 PM

Not sure the Heat have the desire. No effort in today's blowout loss to Celtics.

#9 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:32 PM

Intensity very high tonight.

I said on Twitter that I've only casually followed the NBA since Jordan's last title, but I'd watch a Miami / Chicago, and/or Miami / OKC series with interest.

#10 Brobey

Brobey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

Didn't realize how poor the Bulls are at FTs. Could really hurt them come playoff time...
@brobey1

#11 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

Chicago just dominated that Overtime with Rose, Noah, and Boozer on the bench..

CJ Watson, Omer Asik, Taj Gibson, Kyle Korver, and Luol Deng were terrific.

Surprising, yet very impressive.
@beginthebegin71

#12 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,383 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:02 PM

Maybe this recent stretch will show people that the Bulls are a pretty good team without Rose.

It sucks for Rose that he's been hurt so much this year, but it's been great for my arguments regarding Rose winning the MVP last year and him needing to carry the offense.

Such nonsense.

#13 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

Chicago just dominated that Overtime with Rose, Noah, and Boozer on the bench..

CJ Watson, Omer Asik, Taj Gibson, Kyle Korver, and Luol Deng were terrific.

Surprising, yet very impressive.

Shows that playing fundamentally sound basketball, while out hustling your opponent still has a place in the game. Asik and Gibson are two in particular. Asik is about as fundamentally sound a big man as you can find. Nothing flashy at all, but does everything he's supposed to and then some. Gibson is more talented, but makes his living simply outworking everyone around him. The Bulls announcers are painful to listen to, but they're spot on when they go on their rants about Gibson's hustle.

Bulls are an interesting team at this point. They've played great basketball without Rose, but now he's back. He's going to be rusty, as evidenced last night, so how do they effectively work him back in without jeopardizing any of the strides they've made with him out? If last night was any indication, Tom Thibodeau will be able to handle it.

I think the NBA playoffs will be excellent.

@AdamWolff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=