5 replies to this topic

#1 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,998 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

If you're not watching this, turn it on.

Maryland got down almost instantly, trailed 14-0 after just a few minutes, and played well to get the game back to a 21-14 deficit with a chance to score in the 2-minute drill before the half.

They scored a touchdown with under 30 seconds left in the half. The squib kickoff was fumbled by UNC and recovered my MD at the 28. They took a shot and Dorsey scored on the first play, catching the ball around the 10, making a guy miss, and diving over a 2nd tackler at the goal line. Then Diggs just took the opening kickoff of the 2nd half to the house. 3 TDs in about 40 seconds of game time to go up by two scores.

Pretty amazing. Not sure I've ever seen anything like this in a football game.

#2 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

I watched bits and pieces of it. Maryland showed a great effort and seemed to have fun. DIggs is a special talent. Looked like Jacoby Jones exploding through the hole to score.
Petty got better, and did not embarass himself. A difficult season ended but good things happened today.
@mikeghg

#3 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:49 AM

I find myself more encouraged by Edsall at the end of season than in the beginning. Despite some very tough circumstances, this team never quit on him. That is mighty impressive. I also love the commitment the team had to get Diggs involved throughout the season.

#4 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

I find myself more encouraged by Edsall at the end of season than in the beginning. Despite some very tough circumstances, this team never quit on him. That is mighty impressive. I also love the commitment the team had to get Diggs involved throughout the season.

I give Edsall and the rest of the Terps, especially the offense, an incomplete this season, largely based on the QB injuries. I was very impressed by the 4-2 start and yesterday was certainty encouraging. No reason to think a bowl game next year shouldn't be achievable.
@levineps

#5 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

I watched bits and pieces of it. Maryland showed a great effort and seemed to have fun. DIggs is a special talent. Looked like Jacoby Jones exploding through the hole to score.
Petty got better, and did not embarass himself. A difficult season ended but good things happened today.

Nothing against Petty and I have tremendous respect for his play this year, given the situation. It was just difficult for me to get too excited about watching him since no matter how well he did(or didn't do), he's probably going to be a non-factor next year.

I'm one who in the past 14 years has always gotten excited to see September call-ups. It be like if the O's called someone up, who you knew had no chance to be on the roster the following season before they called him up.
@levineps

#6 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

Nothing against Petty and I have tremendous respect for his play this year, given the situation. It was just difficult for me to get too excited about watching him since no matter how well he did(or didn't do), he's probably going to be a non-factor next year.

I'm one who in the past 14 years has always gotten excited to see September call-ups. It be like if the O's called someone up, who you knew had no chance to be on the roster the following season before they called him up.

I am not counting on Petty to do anything on offense going forward, I just think he deserves some praise for what he was able to do this year.
He got dumped into an awful situation and battled to do the best he could. That is all a fan can ask IMO>
@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=