#2 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

Come for the uniforms, stay for the game?
@levineps

#3 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

Those uniforms must be doing their job, because they definitely make me want to shoot someone.

#4 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

Those are bad ass!

#5 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:46 AM

Yeah, pretty sweet looking.

#6 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,619 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

First time in several years I am not attending a Maryland football game when I have nothing else to do.

It's not worth going down there to watch them get killed. Hope for a bounce back next year (which should happen given the incoming recruiting class and, oh, 3-4 QBs coming back from injury) and a mid-level bowl game and build from there.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#7 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,512 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

They should have saved the uniforms for next season, when people might start watching the games again.

#8 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

They should have saved the uniforms for next season, when people might start watching the games again.

No, this is the best time for these particular ones.

#9 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,512 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

No, this is the best time for these particular ones.

If you hate them, then sure. I think they're kind of cool....and it's a shame that they are going to be unveiled by a bunch of sheep being led to the slaughter.

#10 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,998 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

The blackout Terps unis are awesome beyond words. Shame it's gonna be such a brutal game, but I'll definitely be sure to see kickoff.

#11 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,647 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

I like the uniforms, but tomorrow is going to be ugly. Florida State has the reputation of running up the score which I think will happen.
@mikeghg

#12 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

This season can't end soon enough for the Terps. They probably wish they could go back to an 11 game season from a non-revenue standpoint.
@levineps

#13 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

Man those are effin' sweet!

#14 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:05 PM

CSN Baltimore: Brown latest Terp to do down with injury
http://www.csnbaltim...-go-down-injury

#15 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,647 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

CSN Baltimore: Brown latest Terp to do down with injury
http://www.csnbaltim...-go-down-injury

Two games to go. What will come first. The end of the season or Maryland running out of players.

Good thing no one told Ed Reed about this first. The Terps can not afford a fine.
@mikeghg

#16 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

I'll be missing the game today, and I don't expect that to be a bad thing.

I wish MD was not pulling out these uniforms for a game they should lose by 50. Wish they could have gotten through the year healthier. After not winning any of the 3 games vs. UConn, BC, and NCST that they could have won - they were never going to be positioned to have a 'great' year, but they likely would have reached a bowl.

Those extra practices, and finishing around .500 would have been huge. Instead, you have all the injuries to come back from, as well as having finished he year on a prolonged losing streak, getting it handed to you over the last several weeks.

Disappointed, but even with the impending departures, I think Maryland can have a winning season next year.

#17 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,512 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

After a horrible 1st Half, losing 27-0, the Terps got the kickoff and really got some momentum going. Drove the field and got a terrific play by Petty on 4th and 2 for a TD to Dorsey. Then the defense forces a 3-and-out and the Terps get great field position....

....and just like that, the offense has a horrid 3-and-out sequence. Momentum gone. End of the day, they just can't do much more than a high school offense.

I'm disappointed with how the unis look on TV vs the photos. You really can't see the pattern on the helmets at all. They need a little more contrast for it to show up.

#18 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,647 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

I feel bad for the Terp seniors. They put up with a lot in their 4 years. Congrats to those who stayed. Today's game was Mission Impossible. There was no way to compete in this one IMO.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
@mikeghg

#19 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,512 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

I feel bad for the Terp seniors. They put up with a lot in their 4 years. Congrats to those who stayed. Today's game was Mission Impossible. There was no way to compete in this one IMO.

It is a shame. Some good players in that class. Two 2-10 disasters and the debacle this season turned into. Even the nice season in 2010 had a bitter ending, with being relegated to the Military Bowl just a few miles away and then their coach getting fired despite being the conference COY.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#20 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,647 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

It is a shame. Some good players in that class. Two 2-10 disasters and the debacle this season turned into. Even the nice season in 2010 had a bitter ending, with being relegated to the Military Bowl just a few miles away and then their coach getting fired despite being the conference COY.

It will be interesting to see if their sacrifices lead to better things for the program. The kids that stayed deserve respect from the fan base if nothing else. It would have been easy to cut and run. This year looked like it would lead to a possible low level bowl game but the worst streak of injuries I have ever seen doomed them one more time.
@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=