104 replies to this topic

#101 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,418 posts

Posted 24 May 2024 - 11:58 PM

And so will everyone else. Let the bidding begin.

The O's have the chips. 

#102 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,971 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 25 May 2024 - 06:14 AM

And 34th in SP WAR.

Ok? And how many of the 33 above him would you trade him for to have for the rest of the season?

#103 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,115 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 25 May 2024 - 08:26 AM

Yeah, me saying he's been good-not-great is totally rooting for his failure. Hokay.

Also, literally find any example of me rooting for the Orioles to lose, or being happy about a loss.

Any example.

Go ahead.

It’s baked in your tone. Obviously you’ll never write “I’m happy the Os lost and Burnes got lit up!”

It’s how you “randomly” wander in here and really don’t have much to say until the worm turns. It gets old. You do the same thing during ravens games. You ruin game threads.

“Drrrr then go ahead and block me drrrrr”

Not that easy. Taking out a massive chunk of the thread makes it hard to follow. The convo gets choppy.

So, you know, I deal!
  • BobPhelan and TwentyThirtyFive like this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#104 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,718 posts

Posted 25 May 2024 - 08:45 AM

It’s baked in your tone. Obviously you’ll never write “I’m happy the Os lost and Burnes got lit up!”

It’s how you “randomly” wander in here and really don’t have much to say until the worm turns. It gets old. You do the same thing during ravens games. You ruin game threads.

“Drrrr then go ahead and block me drrrrr”

Not that easy. Taking out a massive chunk of the thread makes it hard to follow. The convo gets choppy.

So, you know, I deal!

Oh for goodness sakes.

Nothing in my tone has EVER suggested I want the Orioles to lose. In fact, I get so irrationally upset at particularly frustrating losses that I say things I later realize we're stupid. A lot of us do that. I have literally no reason to want the team I've rooted for since I was 7 to lose, ever. Period. End of story.

Go back and check my reactions to Burnes being acquired. I was thrilled. I just don't think he's the same pitcher he was 2 years ago and I'm disappointed in how frequently he coughs up runs in the later innings, as well as his drop in K rate. How you make the leap from that to "you want him to get lit up and the team to lose" is absurd and completely insupportable.

#105 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,115 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 25 May 2024 - 09:41 AM

I’m good. My days of arguing with brick walls on message boards are long gone. You do you.
  • TwentyThirtyFive likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=