166 replies to this topic

#141 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,149 posts

Posted 29 April 2024 - 08:34 PM

Loved Hyde's BP usage tonight. It was high leverage from the 6th on so he went straight to his must trusted guys. Possible a later inning might be equally as important, but you're not gonna get more critical than 1-run lead with runners on. Hated what he did yesterday with Kimbrel, but credit is due tonight.

#142 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,670 posts

Posted 29 April 2024 - 08:35 PM

The biggest buzzkill ever. Makes it hard to appreciate game threads.

Its not just game threads tho. When I said literally every post it  wasnt an exaggeration.

Anyway huge win. Not sure how we manage the pen tomorrow but I guess you figure it out as you go for now 

#143 Grindelwald

Grindelwald
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Loved Hyde's BP usage tonight. It was high leverage from the 6th on so he went straight to his must trusted guys. Possible a later inning might be equally as important, but you're not gonna get more critical than 1-run lead with runners on. Hated what he did yesterday with Kimbrel, but credit is due tonight.

I wish he had walked Judge and left Perez in to face Rizzo instead of going to Cano so early, but it still worked out.

#144 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,200 posts

The biggest buzzkill ever. Makes it hard to appreciate game threads.

The Oakland series had me feeling pretty sour, not gonna lie.

#145 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,200 posts

Posted 29 April 2024 - 08:36 PM

Coloumbe might legit be a better closing option that Kimbrel.

#146 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,670 posts

Posted 29 April 2024 - 08:38 PM

I wish he had walked Judge and left Perez in to face Rizzo instead of going to Cano so early, but it still worked out.

It worked but Judge didnt miss by much. You're right not only do you avoid Judge with a RISP there but you save Cano from having to come in in the 7th. Assuming of course Perez gets Rizzo. 

#147 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,670 posts

Posted 29 April 2024 - 08:40 PM

There is nothing to bitch hard about but again the appearances are building up. And look its a huge series. If Cano and COloumbe and Webb feel good then you have to use them in this series. But it has to slow down and soon. The injuries or ineffectiveness is inevitable at this pace

#148 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,434 posts

Posted 29 April 2024 - 08:43 PM

Great win after a terrible series.

#149 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,149 posts

Posted 29 April 2024 - 08:43 PM

It worked but Judge didnt miss by much. You're right not only do you avoid Judge with a RISP there but you save Cano from having to come in in the 7th. Assuming of course Perez gets Rizzo.

One extra batter and Soto comes to the plate in the 9th (a few assumptions that things go similarly in getting there).
  • 1970 likes this

#150 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,670 posts

Posted 29 April 2024 - 08:44 PM

How did Perez's 1 AB go in the 6th. Volpe and Soto both smacked balls hard.off him.  We def caught some breaks but we needed it. NY hit the ball harder/better than us today. But thats baseball

#151 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,564 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 April 2024 - 08:55 PM

How did Perez's 1 AB go in the 6th. Volpe and Soto both smacked balls hard.off him. We def caught some breaks but we needed it. NY hit the ball harder/better than us today. But thats baseball

We played better defense than they did. It matters.
  • CantonJester likes this

#152 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,772 posts

Posted 29 April 2024 - 09:02 PM

We played better defense than they did. It matters.

That and Gunnar deposited a knuckle-curve into the RF SRO, and he also took 3B on a fly ball to Soto in CF which set up the run on Volpe's botch job later in the inning. Soto's throw was off line, but even if it was on a line, that throw had way too much hang time to get Gunnar. 

#153 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 29 April 2024 - 09:09 PM

Just re-watched the final two innings from the Yankees perspective boy are they freaking dull. You had the new guy, David Cone, and Joe Girardi making all kinds of excuses for Stanton’s running “he’s not dogging it that’s all he’s got” and Volpe booting the ground ball “looks like it took a weird bounce”. What BS and monotonous, snoozers!

#154 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,557 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 29 April 2024 - 09:11 PM

That and Gunnar deposited a knuckle-curve into the RF SRO, and he also took 3B on a fly ball to Soto in CF which set up the run on Volpe's botch job later in the inning. Soto's throw was off line, but even if it was on a line, that throw had way too much hang time to get Gunnar. 

Indirectly credit goes to the LF wall move for that run, as I assume that's why Judge was playing LF tonight. If he was in RF that's probably a close play....his arm isn't the strongest in the bigs, but it's very good and he's usually pretty accurate.

#155 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,772 posts

Posted 29 April 2024 - 09:21 PM

Indirectly credit goes to the LF wall move for that run, as I assume that's why Judge was playing LF tonight. If he was in RF that's probably a close play....his arm isn't the strongest in the bigs, but it's very good and he's usually pretty accurate.

Judge has been playing CF this year until Dominguez gets back from TJS. But yeah, the wall means they're going to use Judge in LF (particularly since Verdugo is on paternity leave). 

#156 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,322 posts

Posted 30 April 2024 - 04:15 AM

Just re-watched the final two innings from the Yankees perspective boy are they freaking dull. You had the new guy, David Cone, and Joe Girardi making all kinds of excuses for Stanton’s running “he’s not dogging it that’s all he’s got” and Volpe booting the ground ball “looks like it took a weird bounce”. What BS and monotonous, snoozers!

If that's "all Stanton has" he should retire.

Seriously.

The only weird bounce that ball took was after Volpe kicked it.
  • Hooded Viper likes this
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#157 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,395 posts

Posted 30 April 2024 - 07:43 AM

Also I’m still waiting for the annual Judge injury

Both Judge and Stanton will end up on the IL at some point.  It's inevitable.  You can't juice to the extent these guys have and not have your body eventually break down.  

#158 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,668 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 30 April 2024 - 10:23 AM

I went to the game last night and had to put up with a ton of Yankee fan's in my section, but some of you guys make them a pleasure.

Grayson battled his ass off last night and the BP was good.  Cano was excellent, especially since he had to be on fumes.Gunnar was the difference.  That kid is a very special talent.

• Hooded Viper likes this
@mikeghg

#159 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,978 posts

Posted 30 April 2024 - 10:50 AM

I really hope Gunner goes to the NL in 2029.  It's going to kill me if I have to watch him playing for the Yankees.

#160 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,149 posts

Posted 30 April 2024 - 10:54 AM

If I can cry myself to sleep in my World Series Champ memorabilia that he helped us win, I'll manage. Can't really imagine how much it'd take to get him to sign, as a Boras guy it's nearly unheard of. Way more than Witt got, I think. Fun to dream, but also fun to enjoy what he's doing now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=