Adley Rutschman DH
Ryan O’Hearn 1B
Anthony Santander RF
Cedric Mullins CF
Colton Cowser LF
Jordan Westburg 3B
Jackson Holliday 2B
James McCann C

Swap Adley to C and Mayo for DH and that might be about the best lineup down the road.

#4 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,962 posts

Posted 16 April 2024 - 05:30 PM

Wells to the IL, and they called up a catcher. Hope Adley's OK, although might just be insurance for tonight.

#5 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,272 posts

Posted 16 April 2024 - 05:41 PM

Wells to the IL, and they called up a catcher. Hope Adley's OK, although might just be insurance for tonight.

Pitchers around baseball are dropping like flies.  When are they going to do something about it? 

#6 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,511 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 April 2024 - 05:41 PM

Wells definitely hasn’t seemed right. His issues starting have been related to burnout in the past, not a matter of inability. I feared his terrible start had some underlying injury to blame. Hope it isn’t super serious, but you never like hearing elbow inflammation.

#7 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,511 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 April 2024 - 05:42 PM

Pitchers around baseball are dropping like flies. When are they going to do something about it?

What are they going to do - put a governor on their velocity? Teams and players are coaching max effort every pitch, max spin, max velo. I don’t buy that the rule changes have anything to do with it whatsoever. Elias even mentioned that injuries at this pace are tracking in the collegiate and youth levels as well, and they don’t have these new rules.

#8 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 16 April 2024 - 05:46 PM

My guess is the O's learned of the injury too late in the day to get somebody up here from Norfolk. So they plucked a catcher who was in the BP anyway. 

#9 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,272 posts

Posted 16 April 2024 - 05:46 PM

What are they going to do - put a governor on their velocity? Teams and players are coaching max effort every pitch, max spin, max velo. I don’t buy that the rule changes have anything to do with it whatsoever. Elias even mentioned that injuries at this pace are tracking in the collegiate and youth levels as well, and they don’t have these new rules.

I never bought into the time clock excuse either.  Baseball knows what it needs to do from youth leagues all the way up to the Major League.  The question is when are they going to expedite real change? 

#10 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,511 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 April 2024 - 05:52 PM

I never bought into the time clock excuse either. Baseball knows what it needs to do from youth leagues all the way up to the Major League. The question is when are they going to expedite real change?

I just can’t imagine anything being done about this. Players and agents are okay with this, once you hit your mark, you’re a brand and marketable.

Ben McDonald mentioned a doctor who said the UCL isn’t fully formed until age 25. I can’t imagine players/teams at all levels agreeing to the type of change needed to move the needle here.

#11 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,264 posts

Posted 16 April 2024 - 06:00 PM

Birds up 1-0. Double for McCann.

#12 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 16 April 2024 - 06:01 PM

Wheels, baby!

#13 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,264 posts

Posted 16 April 2024 - 06:01 PM

Gunnar!

#14 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,754 posts

Posted 16 April 2024 - 06:04 PM

Wells can never be trusted.

#15 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,886 posts

Posted 16 April 2024 - 06:04 PM

Gonna be crazy when Holliday actually gets going.  This offense has such potential.  Even with the rough 2nd week, still leading the AL and on pace for 900 runs, which they've only ever done in 1996 (a ridiculous 949).

#16 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,886 posts

Posted 16 April 2024 - 06:11 PM

Only 23 pitches thru 3 for Grayson. 

#17 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,264 posts

Posted 16 April 2024 - 06:17 PM

Jordan. 2 run shot. 6-0.

#18 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,886 posts

Posted 16 April 2024 - 06:21 PM

Why's this guy still pitching?

#19 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,272 posts

Posted 16 April 2024 - 06:22 PM

I just can’t imagine anything being done about this. Players and agents are okay with this, once you hit your mark, you’re a brand and marketable.

Ben McDonald mentioned a doctor who said the UCL isn’t fully formed until age 25. I can’t imagine players/teams at all levels agreeing to the type of change needed to move the needle here.

As irresponsible and sad as it is, you could be right.  I guess it will ultimately get to the point where the life span of a pitcher will be similar to an NFL running back. 

#20 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,380 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 16 April 2024 - 06:23 PM

I previously said that Westburg should be concerned about having his spot taken by Mayo, which could still happen longterm, but he's cementing his spot in the lineup for at least the near future. Fantastic to see!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=