#41 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 12 March 2024 - 12:45 PM

They probably want his autograph.

I mean that is the reputation of the FO. Not like they have earned any respect. Especially in finding quality vets in FA. They def arent known for that

#42 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 12 March 2024 - 12:48 PM

I mean that is the reputation of the FO. Not like they have earned any respect. Especially in finding quality vets in FA. They def arent known for that

I admit that was a low blow. I'm just frustrated. They're paying 2019 Henry money to the version of Henry that barely scratched out 1100 yards over 280 carries.

#43 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 12 March 2024 - 12:51 PM

I admit that was a low blow. I'm just frustrated. They're paying 2019 Henry money to the version of Henry that barely scratched out 1100 yards over 280 carries.

Josh Jacobs just had a far worse year and is making 50% more.

#44 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 12 March 2024 - 12:57 PM

And you were just told. He avg 4.2 ypc behind a horrible line over 280 carries. He scored double digit touchdowns again. I think everyone disagrees he is getting payed like its 2019. Thats a ridiculous thing to say.

The RB position has been devalued in ways but thats warped peoples minds to the point that now they think just anyone will do at the position. Quality RBs are still valued as the first 2 days of FA have shown.

#45 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 12 March 2024 - 01:03 PM

If we're talking about paying Henry like it's 2019, Ezekiel Elliot signed a 6/90M contract in 2019. And Henry himself signed a 4/50 contract a year later. This is 2/16 with 9 guaranteed. 

• Hooded Viper, BobPhelan and Mackus like this

#46 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,201 posts

Posted 12 March 2024 - 01:09 PM

They probably want his autograph.

That's kind of funny.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#47 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 12 March 2024 - 01:42 PM

Thing with Henry is not so much his wear and tear as it is his workload. Tennessee could give him 16 carries for 35 yards through 3 quarters, and when the clock hit zeroes there was a good chance he'd wind up with 23 carries for 102 and a TD.

Absolutely nothing in John's past leads me to believe he will get that opportunity here. You don't post big out of the gate, good chance you are a spectator in the second half.

I'd be okay with managing workload early because of that wear and tear, provided you take ease off the brakes late season and January. Just doubt their willingness...

#48 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 12 March 2024 - 01:47 PM

I'm not a huge fan of the signing, but I've been clear about that.  I think they would have done just as well to bring back Edwards or to even take a shot in the draft.   Nearly the same ypc, one less TD, 1300 more carries on his body, 2 years older and costs more than Edwards.   I just don't see where Henry makes them any better than they were.  But we will see.   

• 85Knight likes this

#49 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,551 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 12 March 2024 - 02:26 PM

Wild that 1100 yards was good for second highest rushing total last year.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#50 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,871 posts

Posted 12 March 2024 - 02:30 PM

Slide big mad until the Ravens win the Super Bowl.

He'll still be mad about something, like they didn't win by a big enough margin  :mrgreen:

• BobPhelan and russsnyder like this

#51 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 12 March 2024 - 02:34 PM

Wild that 1100 yards was good for second highest rushing total last year.

I think that's because it's much more of a passing league now, and it's also a lot more of a running back by committee league as well.  There just aren't a lot of running backs who get 25+ carries anymore.  

#52 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,563 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 12 March 2024 - 02:53 PM

Henry was outproduced on a per-carry basis last year by Tyjae Spears.

Didn't Crack 1200 yards on 280 carries.

Derrick Henry faced stacked boxes 3 times as often as Tyjae Spears and still produced over 4 yards per carry.

I posted about his YBC already, to the point that I feel like the Twitter guy ripped off half of my research on the topic. But Edwards managed 1.4 yards before contact in our offense, if Henry is the same player he was this year then he is a 5 ypc runner.
  • Mashed Potatoes and makoman like this

#53 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,585 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 12 March 2024 - 02:56 PM

He'll still be mad about something, like they didn't win by a big enough margin  :mrgreen:

"Who cares, they won't win it again"

• BaltBird 24, bmore_ken and russsnyder like this

#54 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 12 March 2024 - 02:58 PM

One thing that Henry can do that Gus couldn’t, is demand the ball. He has the pedigree to tell Lamar to hand him the damn ball. Where we Gus or any of the other running backs we’ve had with Lamar, minus Ingram, have not. I got to think if Henry is the main back during the AFC championship they are feeding him more just based upon reputation alone than the six carries that were given out.

#55 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,823 posts

Posted 12 March 2024 - 03:02 PM

What are we gonna do about the line Henry will be running behind.  Linderbaum is a stud.  Moses is good but old and some health questions.  Stanley is a giant question mark, but if they were gonna cut him I think it'd be done by now unless they're gonna ply "paycut or cut" hardball in June.  Are we gonna promote two unproven guards?  Mekari is a good 6th man with versatility but he's got his own health concerns.

#56 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 12 March 2024 - 03:10 PM

What are we gonna do about the line Henry will be running behind. Linderbaum is a stud. Moses is good but old and some health questions. Stanley is a giant question mark, but if they were gonna cut him I think it'd be done by now unless they're gonna ply "paycut or cut" hardball in June. Are we gonna promote two unproven guards? Mekari is a good 6th man with versatility but he's got his own health concerns.

Maybe a 2nd tier FA G signing after the draft. Think we are gonna have to ride with the in house options and potential draft picks at G.

#57 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,201 posts

Posted 12 March 2024 - 03:19 PM

He'll still be mad about something, like they didn't win by a big enough margin :mrgreen:

Lol.

"Is it really proper to celebrate a championship when Tucker kicks a 55 yarder to win it and the Ravens are favored by seven points?"

" I'll believe in them when they repeat and cover the spread."
  • bmore_ken likes this
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#58 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 12 March 2024 - 03:20 PM

Stanley has a 4M bonus due next week so I assume that is when the decision is going to be made. Guards, I guess they will just go with what's on the roster unless someone is drafted. Or a summer signing or camp cut type guy like 2035 said. Basically a band aid if the in house guys don't cut it.

#59 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 12 March 2024 - 03:28 PM

I think Henry can still wear defenses down.

Also, IIRC, the Ravens came close to acquiring him during the season last year. There's something about him the front office likes.

Or maybe this somehow exorcizes the nightmare of Henry running around and through tackles in the 2019 play-off game. 

• russsnyder likes this

#60 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 12 March 2024 - 03:29 PM

I'm not sure how my expectation that they finally do something in the playoffs has turned into people thinking I'll be upset about how they win it all if it happens. Whatever I guess. It's amazing to me how many of you are "just happy to be here," and have no expectations of a team with a two-time MVP at the helm who has accomplished literally nothing outside of the regular season. Nobody remembers the teams that went out in the first or second round.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=