Photo

Zay Flowers Domestic Incident (EDIT: Balt Co Police Close Case - No Charges)

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#21 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 08 February 2024 - 10:31 PM

So there were rumors about this for weeks?

Random people on twitter were saying stuff before the AFC Championship game. Seems to line up with the January 21 date. Usually you can dismiss idiots on twitter so I figured it was just BS until today.

#22 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 08 February 2024 - 10:34 PM

We will see what all comes out in the wash but if need be cut his ass.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#23 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,670 posts

Posted 08 February 2024 - 10:34 PM

Not saying it's true or anything more than internet rumors, but apparently the poster who leaked the Zay rumors a while ago on RSR, indicated that it isn't looking good at all for Zay. Rumors that he possibly might've beat her up and a brother of his possibly pulled a gun and threatened her not to go to authorities.

Again, just internet rumors so take with a grain of salt.

#24 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 09 February 2024 - 12:05 AM

Because he went to Boston College. Yeah, I got that. Are we to imply she's since moved away from Flowers (was she living down here?) and reported her complaint to the Acton police? 

I'm guessing that's the case. Whether she was actually living down here with him, I don't know. But from what I've read elsewhere, it sounds like she wanted to get away from this area before actually reporting the incident. I assume she has parents or other relatives in the Acton region

#25 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 09 February 2024 - 06:26 AM

Not saying it's true or anything more than internet rumors, but apparently the poster who leaked the Zay rumors a while ago on RSR, indicated that it isn't looking good at all for Zay. Rumors that he possibly might've beat her up and a brother of his possibly pulled a gun and threatened her not to go to authorities.

Again, just internet rumors so take with a grain of salt.

If those rumors turn out to be true, a very big if, then the NFL has to hit Flowers with an indefinite suspension, and the Ravens need to cut him.  The beat up is bad enough, but threating her with a gun to not go to the police?  That's gang or mafia type behavior.  Even if Flowers didn't do it, he is complicit with it.  This could turn out to be real ugly, real quick.  But as you say, they are just internet rumors so until prove they should be taken with a grain of salt.  

#26 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 09 February 2024 - 06:29 AM

And if all this turns out to be true, how big of an idiot is this guy?  You had a tremendous rookie year.  You are set to become a superstar WR in the NFL.  In 2 years you might be signing a huge contract.  And you do something like this?  I just shake my head.  

#27 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 09 February 2024 - 06:48 AM

We will see what all comes out in the wash but if need be cut his ass.

Yep.

#28 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 09 February 2024 - 07:15 AM

Rashod Bateman, come on down.  You're the next contestant to become the #1 WR. 

#29 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 February 2024 - 07:42 AM

And if all this turns out to be true, how big of an idiot is this guy? You had a tremendous rookie year. You are set to become a superstar WR in the NFL. In 2 years you might be signing a huge contract. And you do something like this? I just shake my head.

May have cost his team a trip to the SB, too. Not a narrative I was going to drive because he’s a rookie and I liked him. But if this is as bad as it seems, tack that bullet point onto his resume.

#30 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 09 February 2024 - 07:48 AM

Obviously if this is true you kick his ass to the curb, but the irony that they finally hit on a stud WR after decades of trying and now they need to immediately draft another one because he's a POS is just disgusting.

#31 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,670 posts

Posted 09 February 2024 - 02:29 PM

So - take it for what it's worth - but as I said I'm in law enforcement and have some co-workers who have some connections inside BCoPD. If this as bad as he's been told it appears - I can't see Zay moving past this in the Ravens organization. Hopefully it's just bad information.

#32 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 09 February 2024 - 02:43 PM

Whatever. If it's true just cut his ass. He can fumble away seasons for someone else.

Meanwhile the offense will take a notable step back, but whatever. They choked with him, so who cares if he's not there.

#33 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,670 posts

Posted 09 February 2024 - 02:48 PM

Yup. Feel better with EDC's ability finding another playmaker WR. If true, and obviously innocent until proven guilty, cut your losses and move on. At least he showed his true colors early before you invested huge money.

#34 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,289 posts

Posted 09 February 2024 - 07:10 PM

So - take it for what it's worth - but as I said I'm in law enforcement and have some co-workers who have some connections inside BCoPD. If this as bad as he's been told it appears - I can't see Zay moving past this in the Ravens organization. Hopefully it's just bad information.

The rumors have been around since just before the KC game. If it's been that long, and they have no charges or arrests yet, my guess would be its basically a he-said-she-said scenario, with not a lot of hard evidence. I'd imagine if their was video or pictures or any other form of hard evidence, Flowers would already have been charged. Maybe I'm wrong about that, and authorities are just gathering everything, and getting all of their ducks in a row before formally charging him.

Either way, it's not good. This much smoke, probably means there's some fire to this unfortunately.

#35 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 09 February 2024 - 08:21 PM

https://foxbaltimore...n-owings-mills#

Looks like they responded to a call fairly quickly on Jan 16th if I read this article correctly... math tells me we're about 24-ish days out at this point.

#36 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,670 posts

Posted 09 February 2024 - 08:25 PM

The rumors have been around since just before the KC game. If it's been that long, and they have no charges or arrests yet, my guess would be its basically a he-said-she-said scenario, with not a lot of hard evidence. I'd imagine if their was video or pictures or any other form of hard evidence, Flowers would already have been charged. Maybe I'm wrong about that, and authorities are just gathering everything, and getting all of their ducks in a row before formally charging him.

Either way, it's not good. This much smoke, probably means there's some fire to this unfortunately.

The problem is if the incident occurred more than 48 hours prior to when she reported it - you aren't going to see an immediate arrest.

Otherwise they'll just apply for charges and go from there.

#37 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 11 February 2024 - 12:44 PM

This now has the attention of some MD legislators and not in a good way.  Seven delegates signed a letter sent to Baltimore County executive Johnny Olszewki requesting the release of the tapes of the 911 call made by Flower's girlfriend.  Apparently several news organizations have asked for the release and have gone to representatives because they aren't getting what they want.  

Dear Baltimore County Executive Olszewski,
We are writing to request the immediate release of the 9-1-1 recording, which led to the investigation of
Ravens Player Xavien "Zay" Kevonn Flowers for domestic violence. Numerous prominent news
organizations have reported on this story, and a few have approached us to ask for our help in making the 9-
1-1 recording available to those who have requested it.

It is crucial to condemn domestic violence without exceptions unequivocally. Upholding this principle
maintains public trust in our law enforcement and governmental procedures.

Transparency within our community is essential. Denying the release of the recording, citing its relevance to
the ongoing investigation, warrants reconsideration. Precedents have shown that recordings have been
released immediately in previous cases. Withholding these recordings perpetuates a narrative that some
individuals are exempt from scrutiny due to their affluence and social status.

Authorizing the release of the requested 9-1-1 calls would affirm the county's commitment to treating every
case equally while assuring the public that matters involving high-profile individuals are not veiled in secrecy.

Thank you for your attention to this critical issue.

https://www.wbaltv.c...demand/46713331

I think they have a point.  I've heard 911 calls of mass shootings and other terrible events almost immediately.  This has been nearly a month since the incident.  But this whole thing being escalated in visibility is only going to put pressure on the Ravens if ends up as bad as the rumors say it is.  

#38 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 11 February 2024 - 01:09 PM

Here's the thing, maybe, but domestic violence and/or sexual assault related issues seem to be more "protected" as far as released / releasable information than almost all other legal incidents. So from that perspective, there seems to be, to my uneducated eye, some explanation for why information isn't being released to the public very quickly beyond "cover up" or "conspiracy" or "rich dude privilege". There's so much protection now afforded to the privacy of the victim's identity, by law, that you can't expect to get all the info right away. Good or not, tis what it is..

I've also said this before, but as a general practice regardless of whether people are rich millionaires or homeless destitutes, short of an actual CHARGE with cause and evidence... it would be nice if folks could withhold judgment and contain their hyperbolic grandstanding.

A former player had a lot of stuff going on off the field that local media knew about but never reported because they liked him. What does and doesn't get spilled is fascinating...
  • russsnyder likes this

#39 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,202 posts

Posted 11 February 2024 - 01:38 PM

I think the politicians are grandstanding. This is apparently an active investigation and I can't see any reason why the tapes should be released. If he's in fact charged, it could tamper a jury pool. If He's not charged,it may very well damage his reputation.

I think people, including these county reps, need to let the process play out. There's also plenty of time to conduct an internal investigation to see if Flowers was indeed protected by the County police.
  • BaltBird 24 and Ravens2006 like this
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#40 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,670 posts

Posted 11 February 2024 - 02:04 PM

Politicians calling out other government for possible unfair or biased treatment due to affluence or social status. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

Literal scum and leeches.
  • Mike in STL, russsnyder and Ravens2006 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=