#721 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 01 May 2024 - 03:01 PM

From what I remember, he was a second away from a sack on more than one occasion. Maybe that's something he can fix.

I kind of recall him getting vultured by Mads on a couple sacks. Which is fine, that's a team win. And to Mads credit, his own play put him in a position to vulture sacks, which you cant do if you get boxed out of a play. But I do think Mads owes Oweh a couple beers for his sacks.

#722 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 03 May 2024 - 02:30 PM

The team announced they picked up Oweh's option. I always expected that, I've had the impression they like him more than fans do. He seems to do a lot well including pressures and run d but just not many sacks. Like a poor man's Clowney I guess.

More like a Jarrett Johnson than a Suggs.  

<p>I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

#723 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 03 May 2024 - 03:02 PM

If OBJ agreed to a 3 million dollar deal I wonder what we offered him to stay?  I thought I heard at the time it was between 6-7 million.  Either he didn't like the offense or misjudged his market.

<p>I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

#724 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,554 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 May 2024 - 09:18 PM

OBJ was a nothing burger. Just like he will be in Miami.

#725 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,145 posts

Posted 03 May 2024 - 09:22 PM

I'd have taken him back for the deal he signed but also not upset that they didn't. Last year's salary remains baffling to me. Still can't imagine that being the offer needed to sign him. Who else would've been close to that?
  • bmore_ken likes this

#726 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,618 posts

Posted 03 May 2024 - 09:24 PM

He thinks he can go to Mia and catch more balls and get more yards. Thats what hes all about. But props to him for being a team player for the most part last year

#727 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,554 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 May 2024 - 09:41 PM

He thinks he can go to Mia and catch more balls and get more yards. Thats what hes all about. But props to him for being a team player for the most part last year

True, he was. Not hating. Never liked the money. But they were posturing to get Lamar on board with a non-guaranteed deal. In the end, it was obviously worth it in context.

#728 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,618 posts

Posted 03 May 2024 - 09:47 PM

True, he was. Not hating. Never liked the money. But they were posturing to get Lamar on board with a non-guaranteed deal. In the end, it was obviously worth it in context.

Yup. Exactly. That was a Lamar deal. I mean really it took that insane contract to get him here in the first place. Huge overpay. 

#729 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,618 posts

Posted 11 May 2024 - 06:44 AM

Hoodies ego prob wont allow it to happen but Id love for John to call him and see if he wants to be a team advisor for this year. Orr could use help

#730 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,299 posts

Posted 11 May 2024 - 09:06 AM

Hoodies ego prob wont allow it to happen but Id love for John to call him and see if he wants to be a team advisor for this year. Orr could use help

I think you'd have some defensive system conflict there though. Belichick runs the same kind of system as Wink. Orr is said to have a similar mindset to Macdonald. Both systems can work with the right players, as we've seen. I think the heavier zone, less blitz defense of Macdonald is a safer, less volatile defensive system. And Macdonald seems to be a defensive savant, especially in his ability to quickly adjust to what the offense is doing. Orr is an unknown there.

Belichick loves running a blitz heavy, press man cover-0 like Wink runs. I personally love this system more. Mainly because when it has the right players, and it's working right, it's dominant. As seen in NE's better years, and the first year of Wink in Baltimore. The problem is, you're a couple injuries away from being Swiss cheese. As evidenced by Winks injury plagued season.

Plus Belichick would only be willing to do that if he knew there was a chance of taking over as Head Coach within the next season or 2. I don't think he gets that guarantee here.

#731 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,656 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 May 2024 - 09:13 AM

I think the Ravens will let Orr do his thing. I think they will give him time to settle in and make adjustments.  They did that with MM, and I see no reason why they wouldn't do the same with Orr.

BB doesn't need the money and at his age, I am not sure, he would even consider a consultant role.

@mikeghg

#732 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 12 May 2024 - 10:59 AM

I mostly hope Orr tries to maintain McDonald's schemes and mindset. Keeping safeties deep to actually defend / discourage the medium to deep ball steal some overthrows, etc. Mike seemed to learn his lesson after the 2022 Dolphins collapse and it paid off big for basically the rest of his time here. DeCosta will keep supplying plenty of talent, just don't mismanage it come game day.

#733 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,299 posts

Posted 12 May 2024 - 11:51 AM

I mostly hope Orr tries to maintain McDonald's schemes and mindset. Keeping safeties deep to actually defend / discourage the medium to deep ball steal some overthrows, etc. Mike seemed to learn his lesson after the 2022 Dolphins collapse and it paid off big for basically the rest of his time here. DeCosta will keep supplying plenty of talent, just don't mismanage it come game day.

For the current talent on the defense, I feel like Macdonalds scheme meshes perfectly. Rumor is Orr has a similar mindset.

What I think the Ravens will miss the most is Macdonald's ability to quickly adjust. The Miami game last season specifically is a perfect example. Miami came in with a perfect gameplan for attacking Macdonalds base. After the first 3 drives, Macdonald adjusted and Miami did absolutely nothing after that. To shut down an offense with Miami's amount of talent, and Mike McDaniels scheme, is absolutely amazing.

I hope Orr learned a lot about that part of coaching. If he can make similar style adjustments on the fly, this defense should be every bit as dominant.
  • Ravens2006 likes this

#734 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts

Posted Today, 11:18 AM

Bill Barnwell suggested moves https://www.espn.com...rks-jamal-adams

"

Ravens sign G Dalton Risner

Let's finish with a guard who hasn't been able to find much love in back-to-back offseasons. Risner went into the 2023 offseason looking for a long-term deal after four seasons with the Broncos only to languish on the market into September, when he signed a one-year deal with the Vikings. He moved into the starting lineup the next month and stayed there at left guard for the remainder of the season, with NFL Next Gen Stats crediting him for zero sacks allowed across 11 starts.

Here we are in the 2024 offseason, and ... Risner is still a free agent. When a solid player doesn't get a contract extension in consecutive offseasons, your mind naturally wanders to medical concerns, but he has missed just four games because of injuries over his five-year career. After entering the starting lineup in Minnesota, he missed just four snaps over the remaining 11 games. It certainly seems as if he's physically capable of holding up to steady work as a starting guard.

What to know from the 2024 NFL draft nfl_jordan-reid-mock-draft_16x9_608x342.

• See all 257 picks | Pick analysis
• Kiper's draft grades | Best, worst picks
• Ranking best 100 picks | Overreactions
• Big takeaways | Yates' favorite picks
• Every trade | Read more on the draft

At this point, unfortunately, Risner is probably looking at another one-year deal with the hopes of proving himself for a more significant contract next offseason. His best landing spot would be in Baltimore, where the Ravens have a track record of both taking fliers on undervalued linemen and earning them new contracts elsewhere around the league. Morgan Moses would be an example of the former, and John Simpson is a clear case study for Risner after emerging as a useful player in Baltimore's offense a year ago.

Moses and Simpson are no longer on the roster, and the Ravens look perilously thin up front. They used a second-round pick on Roger Rosengarten, who projects to step in at right tackle, and utility lineman Patrick Mekari signed a three-year extension that will likely see him compete for one of the starting guard roles, but they could use another NFL-caliber starter on the interior.

The Ravens also love to play the compensatory pick formula game, and they can play both sides with Risner. By waiting until after June 1 to bring in the veteran guard, they won't cost themselves one of the four picks they're currently set to land after losing Simpson, Jadeveon Clowney and Patrick Queen in free agency. (The Vikings also wouldn't be eligible to receive a compensatory pick for losing Risner.) Then, if Risner finally does sign that long-term deal with another team next offseason, Baltimore would be in position to pick up a compensatory selection for its one-year dalliance with him."

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@DaKittenz

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=