61 replies to this topic

#41 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 20,044 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 15 May 2024 - 01:41 PM

Jordan Schultz is saying the Ravens will play Houston on Christmas Day, Week 17. That game will be streamed on Netflix, but probably simulcast OTA on local stations in Baltimore and Houston. It also means with Christmas falling on a Wednesday, the Ravens would have to play a Saturday game Week 16.

#42 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,213 posts

Posted 15 May 2024 - 03:07 PM

Of course. Two big primetime games and both on the road. Now, I suspect we will get more primetime games and that at least 1 will be at home but still. The two we know right now are on the road

#43 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 15 May 2024 - 03:16 PM

It's annoying to have a short week at the end of the year when everybody is kind of banged up. It's nice though that I guess they'll have a mini bye before week 18? Hopefully no other Thursday games. 

#44 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 20,044 posts

Posted 15 May 2024 - 03:18 PM

The Week 16 Saturday game would be standalone, and even if not in primetime it would be broadcast nationally. Would think it would have to be home too. Pretty brutal to play on the road Sat then have to go back on the road for a Wed game.

#45 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 20,044 posts

Posted 15 May 2024 - 03:24 PM

In addition to the Ravens/Texans, Schultz said KC will play at Pittsburgh on Christmas. That would mean both of those teams would play Saturday in Week 16 too. So by process of elimination I would think the Ravens will get the Steelers Week 16, hopefully at home, while the Texans will play their game at KC.

#46 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,167 posts

Posted 15 May 2024 - 05:42 PM

In addition to the Ravens/Texans, Schultz said KC will play at Pittsburgh on Christmas. That would mean both of those teams would play Saturday in Week 16 too. So by process of elimination I would think the Ravens will get the Steelers Week 16, hopefully at home, while the Texans will play their game at KC.

I find it hard to believe the Ravens would play Christmas games in back-to-back years. 

#47 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 20,044 posts

Posted 15 May 2024 - 05:45 PM

I find it hard to believe the Ravens will play two Christmas games in back-to-back years. 

Well believe it, because they will. And back-to-back Christmas road games no less, the only team to have ever done so thus far.

https://www.espn.com...-nfl-games-2024

#48 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 15 May 2024 - 07:23 PM

Interesting schedule. Five primetime games, two at home. Plus a Saturday game at home, and Christmas day on the road. Only one Sunday night football game, kind of surprised about that. It’s at home against Buffalo. Two Monday night games on the road at Tampa Bay and at the LA Chargers. Two Thursday night games; the season opener at Kansas City and Home against Cincinnati. The Saturday before Christmas at home against Pittsburgh and Christmas Day on the road against Houston. That’s a brutal turnaround. Also found it interesting that only seven of the 17 games right now are 1 o’clock starts. Last year if I remember correctly, most of their games were 1 o’clock starts.

#49 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,598 posts

Posted 15 May 2024 - 07:29 PM

Weird schedule. I hate Thursday games, but I guess week 1 doesn't really count. That Christmas stretch is brutal.

#50 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 20,044 posts

Posted 15 May 2024 - 07:43 PM

Really late bye week too, Week 14. But I guess that’s a plus.

#51 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,966 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 15 May 2024 - 07:48 PM

Games on Wednesday, but the NFL cares about player safety
  • mdrunning likes this

#52 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,598 posts

Posted 15 May 2024 - 08:00 PM

Really late bye week too, Week 14. But I guess that’s a plus.

And two "mini byes" after week 1 and between week 10 and 11.

#53 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 20,044 posts

Posted 15 May 2024 - 08:15 PM

And two "mini byes" after week 1 and between week 10 and 11.

That second mini bye could be nice. They go to Pittsburgh after that, and the Steelers will be on regular rest.

#54 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 20,044 posts

Posted 15 May 2024 - 10:35 PM

The Ravens will have 7 games in standalone time slots, meaning no other NFL game will air against it. On top of that the 4:25 Sunday games against Dallas and Philly will probably go to either the entire country or very close to it, with no more than a couple other regional games in those slots. That's what happens when you become one of the NFL's marquee teams with a 2x MVP quarterback.

#55 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,437 posts

Posted 16 May 2024 - 05:48 AM

That's a very tough schedule.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#56 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,213 posts

Posted 16 May 2024 - 06:17 AM

That's a very tough schedule.

Its a 1st place schedule. Its always gonna look tough on paper preseason. 

• Mackus and makoman like this

#57 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,591 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 16 May 2024 - 07:40 PM

If we dont get a bye, I wouldn't hate a wild card to get a little better draft position and give us an easier schedule. I don't think we play significantly worse on the road and there aren't many byes available.

#58 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 16 May 2024 - 10:18 PM

Yeah, compared to the division only three games differ. We all play each other, the NFC East, and AFC West. The additional games are:

Ravens: Bills, Texans, Bucs
Browns: Dolphins, Jags, Saints
Steelers: Jets, Colts, Falcons
Bengals: Pats, Titans, Panthers

Sometimes teams change a lot year to year, but the Bengals clearly have it easy, even if things differ from last year to this year I assume all 3 are still terrible. For the Steelers here's hoping Rodgers is healthy and Richardson is good this year. Us or the Browns might go either way depending on how those teams go, but I'd definitely rather have the Browns' today, mainly cause the Texans seemed to step up. I expect the first 2 in each to be good then who knows about the Bucs/Saints.

FWIW, last year the differences were:

Bengals: Chiefs, Bills, Vikings
Ravens: Chargers, Dolphins, Lions
Steelers: Raiders, Pats, Packers
Browns: Broncos, Jets, Bears

The Browns and Steelers definitely had it easy, the Chargers and Vikings both ended up sucking but the other two were good for us and the Bengals.

#59 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 16 May 2024 - 10:33 PM

O's game on September 8th just moved to Noon. Ravens getting the Sunday night game?

This happened cause it was moved to Roku. Not at all Ravens related. July 14th is similarly moved to 11:35 AM.

https://www.si.com/m...w-tv-home-matt9

• DuffMan likes this

#60 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,772 posts

Posted 18 May 2024 - 12:36 AM

Games on Wednesday, but the NFL cares about player safety

Kansas City will play a game on every day but Tuesday this season.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=