315 replies to this topic

#101 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 22 April 2024 - 09:12 AM

I'm the same way. A lot easier to be distracted when the O's are actually good.

Picking 30th doesnt help either.

#102 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 22 April 2024 - 09:16 AM

ESPN: Mock 

https://www.espn.com...edictions-final

Has the Ravens trading out with Washington... Ravens picking at 36...

Darius Robinson, EDGE, Missouri

There isn't a defensive end in this class who matches the Ravens' scheme better than Robinson. With an NFL-ready frame at 6-foot-5 and 285 pounds, he has strength, can set a firm edge and is plenty explosive as a pass-rusher. Baltimore checks off a need and gets the best player available on the board.

#103 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,297 posts

Posted 22 April 2024 - 10:46 AM

ESPN: Mock 

https://www.espn.com...edictions-final

Has the Ravens trading out with Washington... Ravens picking at 36...

Darius Robinson, EDGE, Missouri

There isn't a defensive end in this class who matches the Ravens' scheme better than Robinson. With an NFL-ready frame at 6-foot-5 and 285 pounds, he has strength, can set a firm edge and is plenty explosive as a pass-rusher. Baltimore checks off a need and gets the best player available on the board.

If he's that much of a stud, why would he be sitting at 36?  

#104 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 22 April 2024 - 01:43 PM

CBS Sports: Top 280 Prospects In The Class

https://www.cbssport...edge1-and-more/

#105 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 23 April 2024 - 10:21 AM

CBS Sports: Prisco's what teams 'should' do 2024 NFL Mock Draft: Jayden Daniels over Caleb Williams at No. 1 overall

https://www.cbssport...t-no-1-overall/

CBS Sports: 2024 NFL Draft: Each team's most ideal pick in Round 1, including Bears adding playmaker for Caleb Williams

https://www.cbssport...caleb-williams/

#106 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 23 April 2024 - 10:24 AM

The Ringer: The Final 2024 Big Board: Ranking the Top 100 Players in the NFL Draft

#107 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 23 April 2024 - 10:24 AM

The Ringer: Six NFL Draft Sleepers Who Could Become This Year’s Puka Nacua

#108 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 23 April 2024 - 11:15 AM

Stoner just wanted to say thanks because I haven't follwed college football in about twenty or so years when the Terps and Boomer were relevant. I appreciate the info you provide. 

• BSLChrisStoner and Mackus like this

#109 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 09:38 AM

The Ringer: NFL Mock Draft: What If the Patriots Trade Down?

The Ringer: Which Teams at the Top of the NFL Draft Should Be Trading? Let’s Play ‘Deal or No Deal.’

#110 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 09:39 AM

ESPN: 2024 NFL draft: Prospects, picks, rankings, stats, mocks

https://www.espn.com...ngs-stats-mocks

#111 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,297 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 10:59 AM

If Kool-Aid is there at 30, I'd be fine with them taking him.  Otherwise, they really need to go OL.  I'd be pretty upset if they take a receiver. 

#112 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 11:43 AM

CBS Sports: 2024 NFL Mock Draft: Giants trade up for J.J. McCarthy, Falcons surprise with their first-round pick

https://www.cbssport...rst-round-pick/

#113 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,834 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 12:54 PM

Imagine drafting Daniel Jones, giving him a huge contract, then trading up for JJ McCarthy a few years later. Crazy league.

#114 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,102 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 24 April 2024 - 09:16 PM

I would like to add Chop Robinson if he is there when we pick.  I would move up if a good OT falls to 20-25 or so.  I would not mind us landing a CB.  Scrap the WR unless Leggete is sitting their during our second rd pick!

<p>I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

#115 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,619 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 24 April 2024 - 09:29 PM

Anyone got some draft night bets they like??

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#116 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,102 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 09:44 PM

Anyone got some draft night bets they like??

There was a JJ McCarthy to the Bolts one I would like to take at 5.  Seems like easy money right with the QB they already have?

#117 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 10:01 PM

Wide  odds on McCarthy to go top 5. He's -180 on FD. -130 on DK. 

#118 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,512 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 24 April 2024 - 10:11 PM

I would like to add Chop Robinson if he is there when we pick.  I would move up if a good OT falls to 20-25 or so.  I would not mind us landing a CB.  Scrap the WR unless Leggete is sitting their during our second rd pick!

The bold part is really not in their DNA. Usually they just sit pat and let someone who is inexplicably falling (i.e. Hamilton) just keep on falling right into their lap. Have they ever moved up in the 1st to get someone other than Flacco? (and they had moved down prior to that trade) In fact they've probably moved back into the 1st Rd to make a second pick (both times to get QBs) more times than they've traded up with their own 1st.

It feels like it could be a year where maybe they trade out of the 1st, but they don't have a lot of history of doing that either. Not counting their 2004 1st that they traded in 2003 to draft Boller, they've only traded out of the 1st Rd twice, in 2010 and 2012. The '10 results were awful as far as the first pick they made in the 2nd Rd (Sergio Kindle), and it was just ok in '12 (Courtney Upshaw).

What might make this draft different is that due to how NIL, the transfer portal, and the extra year for COVID have impacted college football, DeCosta said he thinks this draft is not very deep, and that there might not be any players they deem "draftable" after about 5 rounds or so. If that's the case, they might be more willing to part with a late pick or two as part of a deal to move up early if some other team views this draft as deeper than the Ravens do. Of course EDC could just be blowing smoke there too.

#119 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 10:12 PM

Ravens are heavily favored to take an OL with their first pick that IMO there is value between sites to go with another position. They have some depth at OL and the class is supposed to be deep at OL. So they could wait til 2nd or 3rd round to take OL.

DL/Edge is +300 DK/ +550 on FD

Cornerback is +210 on FD/ +550 on DK

Im willing to bet against OL and take DL/Edge on FD and CB +550 on DK. WR is +1000 on FD and its not out of the possibility IMO but I wont be betting WR. Just DE/Edge and CB.

#120 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,102 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 10:21 PM

The bold part is really not in their DNA. Usually they just sit pat and let someone who is inexplicably falling (i.e. Hamilton) just keep on falling right into their lap. Have they ever moved up in the 1st to get someone other than Flacco? (and they had moved down prior to that trade) In fact they've probably moved back into the 1st Rd to make a second pick (both times to get QBs) more times than they've traded up with their own 1st.

It feels like it could be a year where maybe they trade out of the 1st, but they don't have a lot of history of doing that either. Not counting their 2004 1st that they traded in 2003 to draft Boller, they've only traded out of the 1st Rd twice, in 2010 and 2012. The '10 results were awful as far as the first pick they made in the 2nd Rd (Sergio Kindle), and it was just ok in '12 (Courtney Upshaw).

What might make this draft different is that due to how NIL, the transfer portal, and the extra year for COVID have impacted college football, DeCosta said he thinks this draft is not very deep, and that there might not be any players they deem "draftable" after about 5 rounds or so. If that's the case, they might be more willing to part with a late pick or two as part of a deal to move up early if some other team views this draft as deeper than the Ravens do. Of course EDC could just be blowing smoke there too.

I agree it is not in their DNA but a lot were raving about the OL class saying its one of the best.  To find out its only because it's so top heavy not that deep.  So if they are going for an OT in the first it might make sense to move up to get a good one.  Or wait and find a good fallen prospect where they sit.   I am not sure a top end OT will fall but we shall see :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=