315 replies to this topic

#121 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,496 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 24 April 2024 - 10:41 PM

I agree it is not in their DNA but a lot were raving about the OL class saying its one of the best.  To find out its only because it's so top heavy not that deep.  So if they are going for an OT in the first it might make sense to move up to get a good one.  Or wait and find a good fallen prospect where they sit.   I am not sure a top end OT will fall but we shall see :)

It looks loaded enough at OT that I think someone will slip to them at 30. There's 7-8 guys I've seen that could go in the first, which is about one-quarter of the picks in the round....though one of those I counted is Fautanu, who everyone seems to think will slide inside to G even though he was always a T in college. But from what I've read it does sound like if they don't grab a tackle in the 1st then they'll likely be left with guys who are at best projects at that spot, and not someone likely to challenge for the RT job this season.

#122 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 24 April 2024 - 10:47 PM

McCarthy will be one of the worst draft picks of this class.

#123 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 06:28 AM

Have they ever moved up in the 1st to get someone other than Flacco? 

Travis Taylor and Haloti Ngata.  Also traded up from the 2nd to the 1st for both Boller and Jackson.

• BSLMikeLowe likes this

#124 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,128 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 07:32 AM

I don't think I've ever been this apathetic about a draft.

#125 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,284 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 07:41 AM

McCarthy will be one of the worst draft picks of this class.

Don't tell Jim Harbaugh that. 

#126 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,288 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 08:36 AM

The Ringer: NFL Mock Draft: What If the Patriots Trade Down?

#127 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,496 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 10:21 AM

Travis Taylor and Haloti Ngata.  Also traded up from the 2nd to the 1st for both Boller and Jackson.

Good call, they did move up one spot with CLE to get Haloti. While I’m sure they did I can’t remember them moving up for Taylor, but that draft sticks out for me because they got Jamal Lewis at #5 with Atlanta’s pick they got for a 2nd the year before. What a steal.

#128 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 10:29 AM

They tried to trade up for Leftwich but somebody messed up and had to settle for Suggs, wasn't that widely reported? Eventually trading up for Boller later that round.

But that's just another example of doing it for a QB.

#129 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 10:44 AM

Good call, they did move up one spot with CLE to get Haloti. While I’m sure they did I can’t remember them moving up for Taylor, but that draft sticks out for me because they got Jamal Lewis at #5 with Atlanta’s pick they got for a 2nd the year before. What a steal.

The trade for Taylor was like a week before the draft, moved up from #15 to #10.

#130 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,496 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 11:00 AM

They tried to trade up for Leftwich but somebody messed up and had to settle for Suggs, wasn't that widely reported? Eventually trading up for Boller later that round.

But that's just another example of doing it for a QB.

Yeah, they were trying to trade up with Minnesota, but the clock expired and Jacksonville got their card in for Leftwich. Then the Ravens grabbed Suggs before Minnesota could do anything else. The Vikings ended up with McKinnie two picks below where they were originally supposed to pick.

#131 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 25 April 2024 - 11:02 AM

I think they're going to let the cards fall as they may for 1:30, or maybe even trade down a couple spots, and then trade up from 62 in the 2nd.  It feels like there's a lot of borderline first round talent this year but there's a steep dropoff after pick 40 or so.

#132 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,496 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 11:06 AM

There was also the time they were set to move down via a trade with Chicago, but a player the Bears liked and didn’t expect to fall was suddenly dropping and their GM reneged at the last second. The Ravens missed the deadline to get their card in and KC jumped ahead of them.

#133 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 11:44 AM

There was also the time they were set to move down via a trade with Chicago, but a player the Bears liked and didn’t expect to fall was suddenly dropping and their GM reneged at the last second. The Ravens missed the deadline to get their card in and KC jumped ahead of them.

I just read that one this morning, that was the Jimmy Smith pick. The Bears apparently just messed it up and didn't call it in by accident, and both teams ended up with who they wanted if you believe them, but the Ravens would have added a 4th. 

https://www.nfl.com/...9000d5d81f9116e

#134 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,496 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 12:06 PM

I just read that one this morning, that was the Jimmy Smith pick. The Bears apparently just messed it up and didn't call it in by accident, and both teams ended up with who they wanted if you believe them, but the Ravens would have added a 4th. 

https://www.nfl.com/...9000d5d81f9116e

I think the Ravens had a different version of the story than it was an “accident” on Chicago’s part. Ozzie framed it as the Bears GM conveniently not being able to reach the league in time when he saw the OL he wanted drop, and thus no longer needed to move up to get him, despite the deal having been agreed to by both parties.

#135 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,352 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 12:23 PM

Travis Taylor and Haloti Ngata. Also traded up from the 2nd to the 1st for both Boller and Jackson.

They also traded up for Oher and technically Flacco after initially moving back

#136 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,352 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 12:25 PM

I think the Ravens had a different version of the story than it was an “accident” on Chicago’s part. Ozzie framed it as the Bears GM conveniently not being able to reach the league in time when he saw the OL he wanted drop, and thus no longer needed to move up to get him, despite the deal having been agreed to by both parties.

Yup Chi pulled some shady shit. Im sure that GM is no longer around whoever it was

#137 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,352 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 12:27 PM

Ill prob have this on tonight since the Os are off. We will get to freaking 1130- 12 and the Ravens will trade out until tomorrow.

#138 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,496 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 12:50 PM

Yup Chi pulled some shady shit. Im sure that GM is no longer around whoever it was

I think the Ravens might have even filed a formal complaint with the league over it. But while it definitely appeared the Bears GM acted in bad faith, there was no way to prove it, so the complaint was dismissed.

#139 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,102 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 25 April 2024 - 02:10 PM

This is a big draft for us.  We lost 3 from the OL, 2 from the DL, 1 from the LB, 1 from CB, 1 WR, 1 safety, 1 RB and that's just the starters.  We need EDC and team to nail this draft to fill in for the backs ups that are now starters or to come in and start.  The draft calls to players are fun on the ravens app, if you have not listened to the Brandon Stephans its a good one.  There is a lot of sneaky talent at not premium positions this draft like RB, TE, Safety, Guard, Linebacker it should be a fun draft to watch!

Inside the Draft Call to Brandon Stephens | Baltimore Ravens (youtube.com)

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
<p>I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

#140 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,288 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 03:56 PM

CBS Sports: Mock

https://www.cbssport...r-brock-bowers/

Ravens 30) Nate Wiggins, CB, Clemson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors