• Please log in to reply
444 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 08 November 2023 - 04:24 PM

ESPN's Match-up Predictor gives the Ravens a 69.9% chance of winning. 

The Ravens are a 6 point favorite.

The Over / Under is 38.5.

Baltimore won 28-3 at Cleveland earlier this year.

https://www.espn.com...ameId/401547445

#2 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 09 November 2023 - 09:26 AM

Hoping for another beatdown. It would really be nice to totally dominate Cleveland for the season series. 

Ravens 30

Browns 10

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#3 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 09 November 2023 - 09:54 AM

Browns are 5-3, getting some wins without Watson at QB. I've been predicting narrow victories, and the Ravens have been putting up blowouts. I might as well keep that going. 

Ravens 20 - Browns 19

• Mike B likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#4 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 09 November 2023 - 09:57 AM

Watson kinda sucks now so who knows. As is the case every week, my biggest fear is ball security. If we handle that we can cover. As it stands now Id take Cle and the under

Ravens-16
Cle-13

#5 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 November 2023 - 10:42 AM

I think the Ravens are the better team and it may not be close.  

Ravens 27 Browns 13.  

Keep stacking wins Ravens!

@mikeghg

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 09 November 2023 - 11:24 AM

Balt Sun: Odell Beckham Jr., Michael Pierce only Ravens missing from Wednesday practice; several Browns starters sidelined

#7 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,551 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 09 November 2023 - 02:43 PM

Got a bad feeling about this one:

Cle:  17

Bal:  13

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#8 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 09 November 2023 - 05:14 PM

The Ravens are the better roster, as they are in most games.  Win the turnover battle, take points, play field position when called for, and they win.  Give it away and/or play stupid, anything can happen.

• PrimeTime likes this

#9 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 10 November 2023 - 07:36 AM

The Ravens are firing on all cylinders. This one won't be close. Ravens win 30-13.

#10 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 10 November 2023 - 07:46 AM

I think the Ravens are the better team and it may not be close.
Ravens 27 Browns 13.

Keep stacking wins Ravens!

I predicted 31-17 Ravens.

There's a small part of me that thinks this game has to be close because it's a division game and the defenses are so good. However, when you look at Cleveland's season so far, their defense really built their stats on about 3 1/2 games...vs Cincy with Burrow on 1 leg, vs the Titans and corpse of Ryan Tannehill, vs the Cards and that turd Clayton Tune and then vs the 49ers when CMC got hurt. In the Browns' 4 other games, the Colts posted 38 and should've won, the Steelers had their season high of 26 points, the Seahawks put up 24 and then we rolled them.

It seems like the talking heads are quick to point out that the Ravens have played mostly below average QBs but that never seems to come up when the Browns defense is discussed. However, when looking at their schedule thus far, how can that not get mentioned? Of course you don't apologize for who's on your schedule but it's weird to me how things like that get applied selectively.

Anyway, the only way I see a close game coming to fruition is if we're like minus 2 in the turnover column.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#11 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,825 posts

Posted 10 November 2023 - 08:29 AM

There's a small part of me that thinks this game has to be close because it's a division game and the defenses are so good. However, when you look at Cleveland's season so far, their defense really built their stats on about 3 1/2 games...vs Cincy with Burrow on 1 leg, vs the Titans and corpse of Ryan Tannehill, vs the Cards and that turd Clayton Tune and then vs the 49ers when CMC got hurt. In the Browns' 4 other games, the Colts posted 38 and should've won, the Steelers had their season high of 26 points, the Seahawks put up 24 and then we rolled them.

The Steelers had two defensive touchdowns to score those 26 points, so that's not a great example, but the others hold.  I think if the Ravens get to 20 they win the game.

#12 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 10 November 2023 - 12:29 PM

I predicted 31-17 Ravens.

It seems like the talking heads are quick to point out that the Ravens have played mostly below average QBs but that never seems to come up when the Browns defense is discussed. However, when looking at their schedule thus far, how can that not get mentioned? Of course you don't apologize for who's on your schedule but it's weird to me how things like that get applied selectively.

Anyway, the only way I see a close game coming to fruition is if we're like minus 2 in the turnover column.

I think you could say the same about Cleveland as far as QBs go, but then that might apply to the whole league.  There are only a few good QBs in the league......the rest are pretty mediocre.  With the exception of Jalen Hurts, all of the better than mediocre QBs are in the AFC.   If you haven't played Buffalo, Miami, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Jacksonville, KC or the LA Chargers, you have played only mediocre QBs.  Maybe I should include Dallas in there, but too often I see Dak Prescott throw bad ints in critical parts of the game.  And I did purposely leave Houston out because while Stroud has looked really good, he still is only a rookie prone to rookie mistakes.  And I gave Trevor Lawrence the benefit of the doubt because he does have his team at 6-2 and I consider him more than a game manager.  

#13 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 10 November 2023 - 01:05 PM

The Steelers had two defensive touchdowns to score those 26 points, so that's not a great example, but the others hold. I think if the Ravens get to 20 they win the game.

Ah ok. I just glanced at the final for the Steelers game. Thanks for straightening me out.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#14 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,563 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 10 November 2023 - 04:55 PM

21-10 birds

#15 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,202 posts

Posted 11 November 2023 - 07:54 PM

I think the Ravens take this one 24-16.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#16 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 12 November 2023 - 02:54 AM

Cleveland needs this game badly.  It should be a playoff game for them.  If they win they go to 6-3 with the Ravens at 7-3.  Lose and they are 5-4 with the Ravens at 8-2 and a season sweep of the division series.  They will be effectively 3 games behind with 7 to play.  No chance at the division if they lose.  Still a shot at the wild card, but the AFC is tough, no guarantee at that.

I think Cleveland's defense is good enough to match the Ravens D in the game.  Offensively, no.  If they had Chubb, I would be a little more worried about their offense.  Half of their starting offensive line is out for tomorrow.  And while it won't be as bad as the first time they played with a rookie QB being a deer in the headlights, I have never been a huge fan of Watson.  I thought he was way over-rated when he was drafted and before his off field problems.  Always thought he was a flash highlight guy with little substance to back it up.  I don't think he will be around at the end of the game because he can't take the contact and the Ravens will bring it.  

Cleveland's defense keeps it close but can't over come their lack of offense......Ravens 31  Browns  16.

#17 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 12 November 2023 - 06:59 AM

I'm heading to The Bank today for the first time since 2019. The last game I attended was vs the Texans; still quarterbacked by Deshaun Watson at the time. Kinda weird.
  • BSLChrisStoner and NewMarketSean like this
@primetime667083

#18 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 12 November 2023 - 01:04 PM

Hamilton. TD Ravens!

#19 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip