Photo

SI.com: The Best Is Yet to Come As Roquan Smith and the Ravens Unlock Their Identity

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 08 November 2023 - 05:56 AM

As if we didn't already get big time, old school, Ray vibes from Roquan....

https://www.si.com/n...ontenders-trade
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#2 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 08 November 2023 - 07:59 AM

I've been giddy about DeCosta picking him up since the moment it happened. The dude is hands down the closest thing to Ray Lewis since Ray Lewis, and it's great to see him becoming more of the vocal follow-me type leader.

Coupled with McDonald finally playing more "keep it in front" scheme on the back end (hopefully they stick to it) and you're basically forcing QBs to, more often, put the ball in someone's hands in front of / near Roquan and Queen. Roquan is still WAY ahead of Patrick when it comes to reacting and finishing, especially in space, but it's enabled Queen to play in a role he's more effective in. It's basically like they are forcing opponents to fight more often in a smaller ring.

#3 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,405 posts

Posted 08 November 2023 - 02:54 PM

I cant remember if Ive said it here or not but I know in texts with Ricker Ive called him our best defensive player since Ed, Suggs, and Ray were in their prime. A true DPOY candidate.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=