• Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,155 posts

Posted 30 October 2023 - 04:10 PM

ESPN's Match-up Predictor gives the Ravens a 69.5% chance of winning. 

The Ravens are 5.5 point favorites. 

The Over / Under is 43.

#2 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 November 2023 - 01:17 PM

Some interesting names on the DNP list for today.

RB G. Edwards WR O. Beckham Jr OT M. Moses OT R. Stanley OLB O. Oweh CB R. Ya-Sin

Hopefully just some veteran day offs, but it looks like Oweh and Moses are trying to play through some things.

On the positive side, Williams and Daryl Worley returned to practice.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@mikeghg

#3 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,654 posts

Posted 01 November 2023 - 01:31 PM

Don't know if Williams practicing is great news with the way Stone has played.

#4 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 November 2023 - 01:34 PM

Don't know if Williams practicing is great news with the way Stone has played.

I think it allows the Ravens to use Hamilton closer to the LOS in the slot or as the 3rd safety.  Williams returning, does not mean Stone hits the bench.

@mikeghg

#5 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,479 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 November 2023 - 01:39 PM

The secondary in general has come along nicely. I think it’s being aided by the pressure the guys up front have generated. It’s been a pleasant surprise. This defensive coaching staff really has done a nice job, and EDC got them a couple blue chip weapons to work with too in Roquan and Hamilton.
  • jamesdean likes this

#6 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 01 November 2023 - 01:41 PM

Stone's snaps did drop a lot vs Pitt and Tenn when Williams played, but I have to believe they will try and get all 3 on the field or else give Williams plenty of rest. Stone has earned the playing time.

They play nickel or more most of the time anyway, plenty of room for 3 safeties.

#7 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 November 2023 - 01:38 PM

Only 3 players missed practice today.

Moses - shoulder

Ya-Sin  Illness

Cleveland- illness

Returning were

OBJ

Oweh

Edwards

Stanley

@mikeghg

#8 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,825 posts

Posted 02 November 2023 - 03:11 PM

Always makes me nervous when more than 1 guy misses due to illness. Who else is gonna get sick by Sunday?
  • Mike B and cprenegade like this

#9 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 02 November 2023 - 08:20 PM

Always makes me nervous when more than 1 guy misses due to illness. Who else is gonna get sick by Sunday?

It should.  I had KC in a 5 team moneyline parlay last week and all 4 of the others won.  KC looked like crap against a team Mahomes had never lost against.  Didn't find out until well after the game started that Mahomes and several other Chiefs had the flu the past week.  Can't say definitively that was the reason but the post game analysis mentioned how the Broncos seemed to have quite a bit more energy on the field and the KC offense could only manage 3 FGs on the day.  Certainly would appear the flu had something to do with that bad of a performance.  

#10 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 02 November 2023 - 10:51 PM

It should.  I had KC in a 5 team moneyline parlay last week and all 4 of the others won.  KC looked like crap against a team Mahomes had never lost against.  Didn't find out until well after the game started that Mahomes and several other Chiefs had the flu the past week.  Can't say definitively that was the reason but the post game analysis mentioned how the Broncos seemed to have quite a bit more energy on the field and the KC offense could only manage 3 FGs on the day.  Certainly would appear the flu had something to do with that bad of a performance.  

Yeah, we all have our ups and downs, but no one really cares if I don't feel great when I go to work. You never really hear confirmation either as long as people play. I remember last year when we were mediocre against Carolina, Lamar missed Friday practice sick and no one really said anything more after that, but we barely beat a bad team so maybe that had something to do with it.

#11 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,202 posts

Posted 04 November 2023 - 06:04 PM

Ravens pull away 31-21.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#12 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 05 November 2023 - 09:06 AM

Too close for comfort.

Ravens 23 - Seahawks 20
@BSLMikeRandall

#13 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,098 posts

Posted 05 November 2023 - 09:56 AM

I expect Sea to cover. Ill leave it at that. There is still enough room to not cover but win

#14 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 05 November 2023 - 10:18 AM

I haven’t seen them play, but even though they’re 5-2 the overall stats seem mediocre and they should have lost to PJ Walker. Probably should be a comfortable win but that doesn’t seem to be how we do things.

#15 SonicAttack

SonicAttack
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 05 November 2023 - 10:34 AM

Lamar vs Geno, Lamar easily wins, but Carroll is a great HC.  Ravens -6, yes.

#16 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 05 November 2023 - 11:17 AM

Ravens should win.  Seattle coming across country to play at 1.  That's usually a fair disadvantage for West coast teams.  Seattle doesn't do anything extremely well on offense that the Ravens can't handle.  They do have a good set of receivers which can cause trouble.  Interesting that so far the weakest link in the secondary to my eye has been Humphrey.  Hollywood burned him at least once last week, and he gave up the winning TD from Pickett to Pickens.  I think the injury is still lingering with him.  Seattle also doesn't see Lamar often so that's to their disadvantage.   Ravens 27  Seattle 16.

#17 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,825 posts

Posted 05 November 2023 - 11:38 AM

Ravens should win. Seattle coming across country to play at 1. That's usually a fair disadvantage for West coast teams.

I'd imagine it's still a disadvantage, but it's mitigated a bit this particular Sunday.

#18 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 05 November 2023 - 12:04 PM

I hate seeing Moses down. He's been a real nice piece at RT.

Geno Smith has not been very careful with the football over his last few games, hoping that continues and our maybe our Geno can grab another pick.

The Seahawks have been good against opposing running backs but have struggled when opposing QBs run. Lamar may have his best rushing game of the season.

Ravens get it done, 26-20.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#19 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,654 posts

Posted 05 November 2023 - 01:02 PM

I refuse to be afraid of Geno Smith.

#20 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,825 posts

Posted 05 November 2023 - 01:06 PM

Corner blitzes not getting home two straight plays but doesn't hurt due to the dropped pass.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=