227 replies to this topic

#181 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 29 October 2023 - 06:38 PM

Everyone who bet the Ravens -9 1/2 is so pissed about that onside kick right now.

Live bet at -3.5 after AZ scored before the Ravens even touched the ball. FTW!
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#182 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts

Everyone who bet the Ravens -9 1/2 is so pissed about that onside kick right now.

I did.

#183 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,262 posts

Hollywood shined in semi garbage time.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#184 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts

I mean thats kinda what you get for giving 9.5 on the road. But still a bad beat

I can't argue with that, I used them in a money line parlay because I expected a bit of a let down and it was too many points, but just the way it unfolded to get beat because of an onside kick and the coach kicking a FG down by 10.  Brutal.  

#185 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,435 posts

Posted 29 October 2023 - 06:42 PM

Go get a RB. Edwards is a salt the game awat short yardage guy ideally. Hill is a 3rd on depth chart/gadget play guy. JK was still planned on being the lead dog here and we havent come close to being able to replace that. Dont know if anything will present itself but EDC has to try.

#186 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,711 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 29 October 2023 - 06:43 PM

I got the 31 part right. Certainly didn't see the Cardinals getting to 24 points but 6-2 with 4 road wins out of 5 road contests works for me.

The offense will have to adjust quicker and it's time to utilize Gus like a #1 type RB. From there, we can start to build a play action game. Also, I'd love to see us back off of the WR/bubble screens. Too much has to go right on those plays for them to work.

On to the Seahawks.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#187 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,318 posts

Posted 29 October 2023 - 06:43 PM

Way too close. Way too sloppy. A win is a win I guess, but this is team inspires no confidence even at 6-2.

At least be confident in the fact that it's a week to week league.  That should make you feel better about today's game. 

#188 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,711 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 29 October 2023 - 06:44 PM

Go get a RB. Edwards is a salt the game awat short yardage guy ideally. Hill is a rest/gadget play guy. I mean look JK was still planned on being the lead dog here and we havent come close to being able to replace that.

I think I would give Gus a chance to tote the rock 15 or so times a game.

With that said, if a deal is there, I wouldn't be opposed to making one.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#189 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,435 posts

Posted 29 October 2023 - 06:51 PM

I got the 31 part right. Certainly didn't see the Cardinals getting to 24 points but 6-2 with 4 road wins out of 5 road contests works for me.

The offense will have to adjust quicker and it's time to utilize Gus like a #1 type RB. From there, we can start to build a play action game. Also, I'd love to see us back off of the WR/bubble screens. Too much has to go right on those plays for them to work.

On to the Seahawks.

The Ravens got a little too soft late. Felt like a game that shoulda been like 27-14 that gets juiced up late because of situational/ desperation football. The big drive was our last TD drive. 7 min left and it was a 9 point game. To not only run clock but also go get that TD showed a lot from an O that had some issues all day. Of course it got a little hairy late but that was essentially the game

#190 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 29 October 2023 - 06:53 PM

I swear if the Ravens lost after we scored a TD the last time we were on offense to put the team up 16 with less than 4 minutes left I would have thrown a keyboard into the wall.

#191 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,435 posts

Posted 29 October 2023 - 07:02 PM

I think I would give Gus a chance to tote the rock 15 or so times a game.

With that said, if a deal is there, I wouldn't be opposed to making one.

Its clear to me they dont want to or dont trust giving these particular RBs 25+ carries a game. Combined I mean. Ideally if JK was in the mix we would prob see JK 15- 20, Gus 10-15 and Hill 2 or 3 at most. If you can get a Henry that can give you 15-20 that would be awesome. But at least find someone to give you 10-15 traditonal style carries to go with Edwards. They are trying too hard to cover up those would be JK runs with short passes and screens

#192 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 29 October 2023 - 07:06 PM

I'm not trying to be clever. I'll continue to mock it because it's a joke and an excuse and I don't give a shit who's involved. When you're that superior in talent and you stink up the field like the Ravens are doing today, it's indefensible to me. So, go ahead and agree with the mantra but count me out. If it makes you feel any better, the Ravens sure believe in it and they'll be beating the excuse into the ground all week. They have to think of something to rationalize such an embarrassing performance.

Update: Arizona scores again. Apparently, they've bought into the theory too.

Clearly you don't understand the meaning or intent of the saying. It's not an excuse. No one has said "it's ok we played bad, it's a week to week league." You can both understand that every week is a different challenge. And still not like underperforming against a team you should beat easily.

Denver looked like the worst team in football 3 weeks ago. Gave up 70 in a game. They just rattled off 2 in a row, and shut down KC's offense. Dallas just smoked a decent LA team, but lost to Arizona. SF went from a Superbowl favorite, to losing 3 straight.

If you want perfection every week, you're going to be disappointed more often than not.

Plenty to be upset about this week. Monken did his best to keep Arizona in it. Macdonald almost crumbled late. We got Agohlar'd twice today.

We've rattled off 3 straight. That's all that matters.

#193 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,711 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 29 October 2023 - 07:09 PM

Its clear to me they dont want to or dont trust giving these particular RBs 25+ carries a game. Combined I mean. Ideally if JK was in the mix we would prob see JK 15- 20, Gus 10-15 and Hill 2 or 3 at most. If you can get a Henry that can give you 15-20 that would be awesome. But at least find someone to give you 10-15 traditonal style carries to go with Edwards. They are trying too hard to cover up those would be JK runs with short passes and screens

I agree but the more I think about it, I believe the organization may not be inclined to jack up next year's cap any more via restructuring to make a move by Tuesday.

OTOH, the state of the conference may be presenting the Ravens with an opportunity to strike now.
@primetime667083

#194 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,413 posts

Posted 29 October 2023 - 07:22 PM

The Cardinals aren't very good, but they play hard. 

No sense dwelling on this game any more than necessary. Starting next Sunday will be a stretch of three games in 12 days. Need to get through that without undue damage.

• PrimeTime likes this

#195 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,318 posts

Posted 29 October 2023 - 07:35 PM

Clearly you don't understand the meaning or intent of the saying. It's not an excuse. No one has said "it's ok we played bad, it's a week to week league." You can both understand that every week is a different challenge. And still not like underperforming against a team you should beat easily.
Denver looked like the worst team in football 3 weeks ago. Gave up 70 in a game. They just rattled off 2 in a row, and shut down KC's offense. Dallas just smoked a decent LA team, but lost to Arizona. SF went from a Superbowl favorite, to losing 3 straight.
If you want perfection every week, you're going to be disappointed more often than not.
Plenty to be upset about this week. Monken did his best to keep Arizona in it. Macdonald almost crumbled late. We got Agohlar'd twice today.
We've rattled off 3 straight. That's all that matters.

Of course its an excuse and teams/coaches/fans use it ad nauseam. I'm not expecting perfection because that's impossible but when you're clearly a superior team in talent and let a team like Arizona stay in the game and make things uncomfortable or even lose to them, that's just playing lousy football. You didn't execute, concentrate, or whatever the real reason is. And I'm tired of hearing, "they get paid too." Arizona stinks. They should have been blown out by a far superior team. But you're right, a win is a win and being 6-2 sure beats 2-6.

#196 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 29 October 2023 - 07:42 PM

Of course its an excuse and teams/coaches/fans use it ad nauseam. I'm not expecting perfection because that's impossible but when you're clearly a superior team in talent and let a team like Arizona stay in the game and make things uncomfortable or even lose to them, that's just playing lousy football. You didn't execute, concentrate, or whatever the real reason is. And I'm tired of hearing, "they get paid too." Arizona stinks. They should have been blown out by a far superior team. But you're right, a win is a win and being 6-2 sure beats 2-6.

Again, what’s the final score you would be happy with?

Mind you, you were bitching about the play while up 16 with 3 minutes to play. Sucks the Cardinals put up 10 in garbage time, but at the time winning 31-15 didn’t suffice to you.

So what should it have been?
@BSLMikeRandall

#197 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,318 posts

Posted 29 October 2023 - 08:05 PM

Again, what’s the final score you would be happy with?
Mind you, you were bitching about the play while up 16 with 3 minutes to play. Sucks the Cardinals put up 10 in garbage time, but at the time winning 31-15 didn’t suffice to you.
So what should it have been?

"Garbage time" is just a euphemism for lack of concentration and execution and doing your best to try and let a team stay around. Needlessly. I predicted 27-13 but to be honest, I really thought it would be very similar to last week, if not more so. The conservative side of me never gets that bold in predictions. Sure, 31-15 looks better but this was not the beat down it should have been. Don't worry, I'll get over my irritability by tomorrow and appreciate the win.

#198 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 29 October 2023 - 08:36 PM

On to the Seahawks.

My score pick was 31-10 and I fully blame the defense for giving up 17 points in the 4th qtr. It wasn't pretty but the offense did their part scoring 31 and that effort by Agholor was completely unacceptable.

#199 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 29 October 2023 - 08:43 PM

My score pick was 31-10 and I fully blame the defense for giving up 17 points in the 4th qtr. It wasn't pretty but the offense did their part scoring 31 and that effort by Agholor was completely unacceptable.

On top of scoring 31, they scored a TD to put them up 16 the last time they meaningfully possessed the ball. Kind of hard to expect more than that. Would have been nice for defense and special teams to not mail it in early.

#200 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,083 posts

Posted 29 October 2023 - 08:52 PM

Thought the defense was dominant until the end when they softened. Offense good enough. Good to be able to win comfortably even when you don't play particularly well overall.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

Our Sponsors

width=