http://sports.yahoo....t-13381709.html

#3 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,526 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

Count me among those who may have wrongly doubted the Knicks. Still, if they have any better than the 4th best record in the East, I'll be shocked.

#4 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,388 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

Count me among those who may have wrongly doubted the Knicks. Still, if they have any better than the 4th best record in the East, I'll be shocked.

At this point, I'd be surprised if they don't finish in the top 3 record wise. Indy has fallen and I think they're better than their NYC neighbors. Besides Miami and probably Boston, even though they haven't looked great so far, who else who finish in the top 3?

#5 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,526 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

At this point, I'd be surprised if they don't finish in the top 3 record wise. Indy has fallen and I think they're better than their NYC neighbors. Besides Miami and probably Boston, even though they haven't looked great so far, who else who finish in the top 3?

I just can't seem to get on the Knicks bandwagon, even though they've already beaten Miami and San Antonio....it just feels like something there is destined to fall apart. I still think Brooklyn might end up with the better record. And Chicago seems to be hanging in so far without Rose....if they're in shouting distance once he gets back, they could overtake them as well.

#6 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,388 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

I just can't seem to get on the Knicks bandwagon, even though they've already beaten Miami and San Antonio....it just feels like something there is destined to fall apart. I still think Brooklyn might end up with the better record. And Chicago seems to be hanging in so far without Rose....if they're in shouting distance once he gets back, they could overtake them as well.

I think Chicago could be very dangerous come playoff time, but they'll likely be way behind the Knicks by the time Rose returns.

I'm not a big believer in Brooklyn in part due to poor interior defense.

Counting on two of Brooklyn/Boston/Chicago to be better than the Knicks seems to be asking for a fair amount in order to not be shocked.

#7 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,526 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

I think Chicago could be very dangerous come playoff time, but they'll likely be way behind the Knicks by the time Rose returns.

I'm not a big believer in Brooklyn in part due to poor interior defense.

Counting on two of Brooklyn/Boston/Chicago to be better than the Knicks seems to be asking for a fair amount in order to not be shocked.

Maybe surprised would be a more accurate way to put it than shocked.

Brook Lopez has averaged 3.5 blocks over the last 4 games, so maybe he's turned a bit of a corner defensively?

#8 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,388 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:39 PM

Maybe surprised would be a more accurate way to put it than shocked.

Brook Lopez has averaged 3.5 blocks over the last 4 games, so maybe he's turned a bit of a corner defensively?

Perhaps. He's a very poor rebounding center, though.

Maybe if Blatche actually turns the corner as a player they'll be a very good team; otherwise, I'm very skeptical, even though I think they'll be in the 4-6 range record wise in the East.

#9 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,526 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

Maybe if Blatche actually turns the corner as a player they'll be a very good team; otherwise, I'm very skeptical, even though I think they'll be in the 4-6 range record wise in the East.

Yeah, Lopez doesn't do nearly as good on the boards as you want in a top C, but Humphries, Evans and Blatche do a good job of making up the difference.

#10 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,388 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

Yeah, Lopez doesn't do nearly as good on the boards as you want in a top C, but Humphries, Evans and Blatche do a good job of making up the difference.

He doesn't do nearly as good on the boards as you want in a center period.

But good point about the fours.

#11 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,654 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

If they are counting on Blatche they will wind up being disappointed. He has had flashes before but they quickly fade.
@mikeghg

#12 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,388 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

[/b]

If they are counting on Blatche they will wind up being disappointed. He has had flashes before but they quickly fade.

I wouldn't say they're counting on him to be that good. I just think him being a pleasant surprise is their best chance to be a very good team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=