326 replies to this topic

#21 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,118 posts

Posted 21 September 2023 - 08:27 PM

Aight so $50. I’ll give ya Indy and 3. Since it’s gonna be a close one!

Ill just take them at +250 or whatever they are outright if Im feeling froggy. Not the situation where I want to bet against my team anyway. What you did with TB-Os I get. Doesnt hurt to lose 50 if they Os win those type games. Losing 50 on the Ravens as big favs just makes you feel stupid. The win doesnt take away that pain the same way.

#22 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 21 September 2023 - 10:48 PM

Are there people who actually believe the Colts are more dangerous with Minshew than Richardson at this point? Even in the very limited experience Richardson has (roughly 5 quarters)?

The Colts are dealing with injuries and player absences far more damaging to their chances of winning than the Ravens are considering both teams current state.

We can talk cliche potential trap game as if the NFL isn't a week to week league to begin with, but I think not covering is a more realistic potential disappointment.

#23 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 22 September 2023 - 05:39 AM

Are there people who actually believe the Colts are more dangerous with Minshew than Richardson at this point? Even in the very limited experience Richardson has (roughly 5 quarters)?

The Colts are dealing with injuries and player absences far more damaging to their chances of winning than the Ravens are considering both teams current state.

We can talk cliche potential trap game as if the NFL isn't a week to week league to begin with, but I think not covering is a more realistic potential disappointment.

Yeah Minshew is a perpetual backup for a reason. 

#24 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 22 September 2023 - 06:44 AM

The weather may play a factor.  If the timing and path of the tropical storm hold up, it is due to be crossing the bay as a depression around 2pm on Sunday.  That would mean some rain, not as much as on Saturday, but also windy conditions.  Could affect both teams in the passing games and be a concern in the kicking games.  

#25 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 22 September 2023 - 12:26 PM

Richardson ruled out.

It's Minshew Mania!

@BSLMikeRandall

#26 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 22 September 2023 - 01:47 PM

Richardson ruled out.

It's Minshew Mania!

C Ryan Kelly also out.

The 7 Ravens Mike B mentioned above did not practice again today so I assume none will play. They never play people who didn't practice.

Harbs also said Ar'Darius Washington might be out for the year. Sucks.

ETA They were all ruled out

Jeff Zrebiec
@jeffzrebiec
Ravens game statuses Sunday vs. Colts.
RB Justice Hill (toe), WR Odell Beckham Jr. (ankle), LT Ronnie Stanley (knee), C Tyler Linderbaum (ankle), OLB Odafe Oweh (ankle), CB Marlon Humphrey (foot) and S Marcus Williams (pectoral) have all been ruled out.
2:50 PM · Sep 22, 2023

#27 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,565 posts

Posted 22 September 2023 - 01:56 PM

Lots of injuries already. Hate it.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#28 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,665 posts

Posted 22 September 2023 - 09:44 PM

Typical Ravens football. Steal some wins against the sub par teams and hope some guys get healthy.

#29 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,202 posts

Posted 23 September 2023 - 11:27 AM

Ravens 26 Colts 17
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#30 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 September 2023 - 08:45 PM

I am a little worried with so many players out.  I think 24-16 Ravens, but I could seee a sloppy weather game being a problem.

@mikeghg

#31 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 24 September 2023 - 05:48 AM

Trap game

In Week 3, I can't believe any team would be taking any other team for granted. All 32 teams are searching for their identity and playing themselves into form.

If this were a Week 14 game and the Ravens were like 9-3 and the Colts were 3-9, maybe it's a trap game but I can't imagine the players or coaches are looking past any opponent at this early point in the season.
  • makoman likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#32 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 24 September 2023 - 05:54 AM

I am a little worried with so many players out. I think 24-16 Ravens, but I could seee a sloppy weather game being a problem.

With Hill out, I wonder how much we'll lean on the running game today. Could this be a situation where Gus gets 20+ carries? He's had 3 games over 20 carries in his career; 2 in 2018 and 1 in 2019. Perhaps Gus could be the old school, bell cow type of back for 1 game.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#33 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 24 September 2023 - 06:58 AM

In Week 3, I can't believe any team would be taking any other team for granted. All 32 teams are searching for their identity and playing themselves into form.

If this were a Week 14 game and the Ravens were like 9-3 and the Colts were 3-9, maybe it's a trap game but I can't imagine the players or coaches are looking past any opponent at this early point in the season.

I agree. I feel like it’s not uncommon for a 4 win team to be a 9 win team the next year. You can’t overlook people the first few weeks. Harbaugh knows this.

If they lose it’s less trap, more bad weather slopfest with over 10% of your roster out.

#34 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 24 September 2023 - 07:59 AM

With Hill out, I wonder how much we'll lean on the running game today. Could this be a situation where Gus gets 20+ carries? He's had 3 games over 20 carries in his career; 2 in 2018 and 1 in 2019. Perhaps Gus could be the old school, bell cow type of back for 1 game.

I think Gordon and Drake both get carries today.

Jackson controlled the game vs. Cincinnati.  Would expect more of that today. 

Spread the wealth.  Get everyone involved. 

Stay ahead of the chains.  

Defensively show up on 3rd down and in the RZ. 

Minshew has started 24 games.  He just got 23 pass attempts last week.  
You wouldn't want him starting 17 games for you, but he's a high quality backup. 

Still, it's very hard for me to see the Colts winning this game without the Ravens helping them out - multiple turnovers, miscommunication in the Secondary, Special Teams lapse. 

#35 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,565 posts

Posted 24 September 2023 - 09:22 AM

About to head down to the game in this mess. Alone. 

• Hooded Viper likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#36 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 24 September 2023 - 12:05 PM

Hamilton with the 3rd down sack.

#37 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 24 September 2023 - 12:09 PM

Jackson keepers for a 1st

#38 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 24 September 2023 - 12:09 PM

To Andrews for 4.

#39 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 24 September 2023 - 12:10 PM

My friggin power went out.
@primetime667083

#40 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 24 September 2023 - 12:10 PM

Flowers for a 1st.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=