#2 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,341 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 30 August 2023 - 08:47 AM

Cease has been not very good. Perhaps our offense could do something before the 7th inning?  I am not sure I have ever seen a team that hits quite like this team does. Every team has slumps and hot streaks. But this team seems like nobody can get a hit at all. Then all of a sudden everybody gets hits at the same time. The former sucks to watch but man the latter is a hoot!

#3 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,966 posts

Posted 30 August 2023 - 09:13 AM

Henderson, 3B

Santander, RF

Mountcastle, DH

O'Hearn, 1B

Mullins, CF

Frazier, LF

Westburg, 2B

McCann, C

Mateo, SS

#4 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 30 August 2023 - 09:18 AM

Henderson, 3B

Santander, RF

Mountcastle, DH

O'Hearn, 1B

Mullins, CF

Frazier, LF

Westburg, 2B

McCann, C

Mateo, SS

I like that Rutschman gets the full day off a head of the off day tomorrow.  Keep him as fresh as possible as we enter September

#5 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,966 posts

Posted 30 August 2023 - 09:23 AM

They have still have a brutal stretch of like 17 straight games in September, so, yeah, makes sense to give some guys two days off here.

#6 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 30 August 2023 - 09:34 AM

Henderson, 3B

Santander, RF

Mountcastle, DH

O'Hearn, 1B

Mullins, CF

Frazier, LF

Westburg, 2B

McCann, C

Mateo, SS

I don't like Frazier in LF.  It is easy to see Hays is beat up, so I get the day off, but just play McKenna.

@mikeghg

#7 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 30 August 2023 - 09:36 AM

Cease has succumbed to the malaise around the White Sox, but he is capable.  

I will repeat what I have said the last 2 days.  MAke him work and get into that bad bullpen.

Let's go Gibson, get us to win # 84.

@mikeghg

#8 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,287 posts

Posted 30 August 2023 - 09:48 AM

I don't like Frazier in LF.  It is easy to see Hays is beat up, so I get the day off, but just play McKenna.

One thing about Hyde- he'll put a player just about anywhere in the field.  I'm surprised we haven't seen Henderson in the outfield.  Or maybe he has been out there.  Don't really recall it.  Outside of catcher, expect the unexpected. 

#9 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 30 August 2023 - 09:53 AM

One thing about Hyde- he'll put a player just about anywhere in the field.  I'm surprised we haven't seen Henderson in the outfield.  Or maybe he has been out there.  Don't really recall it.  Outside of catcher, expect the unexpected. 

He hasn't and your right, Hyde likes to move people around, but he doesn't mess with the foundation.  Henderson, and Rutschman are the foundation.

@mikeghg

#10 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 30 August 2023 - 09:55 AM

They have still have a brutal stretch of like 17 straight games in September, so, yeah, makes sense to give some guys two days off here.

I thought the CBA  didn't allow for more than 13 consecutive days with a game, or something like that.

#11 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 30 August 2023 - 09:56 AM

He hit the wall pretty hard to make that catch late in the game last night.

#12 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,966 posts

Posted 30 August 2023 - 10:10 AM

I thought the CBA  didn't allow for more than 13 consecutive days with a game, or something like that.

Not really sure, but they definitely have a game every day from 9/8 - 9/24.

#13 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,341 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 30 August 2023 - 10:12 AM

I not a big fan of Frazier in left over McKenna. Not like McKenna has been awful either.

Not a fan of giving Ruts a day off. I want him DHing. How much more taxing is being the DH vs sitting in the dugout? Not like he's at home sippping Margaritas. If experts feel that just relaxing in the dugout is truly better than being the DH ok then.

#14 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,287 posts

Posted 30 August 2023 - 10:22 AM

I not a big fan of Frazier in left over McKenna. Not like McKenna has been awful either.

Not a fan of giving Ruts a day off. I want him DHing. How much more taxing is being the DH vs sitting in the dugout? Not like he's at home sippping Margaritas. If experts feel that just relaxing in the dugout is truly better than being the DH ok then.

I guess they look at it like if he gets on, he has to run the bases or even run out a grounder or flyball. He's using his legs and not resting them.  I don't have a problem with resting him but you do lose some potential run production. 

#15 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 30 August 2023 - 10:25 AM

I think it's good to give him a full day off every now and then. I have to believe that it's pretty mentally and physically taxing to hit in the majors.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#16 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,287 posts

Posted 30 August 2023 - 10:35 AM

I think it's good to give him a full day off every now and then. I have to believe that it's pretty mentally and physically taxing to hit in the majors.

Its a grind playing that position and at some point in his career, he'll transition to somewhere else on the field. Playing catcher just isn't sustainable for most.

#17 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,979 posts

Posted 30 August 2023 - 10:39 AM

So never a day off for Adley, huh? Interesting approach.

#18 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,610 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 30 August 2023 - 10:51 AM

Lol

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#19 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,341 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 30 August 2023 - 11:39 AM

Not what I said. I questioned now much more taxing it was to DH vs sitting in the dugout. Maybe it is harder. But he does have tomorrow off.

#20 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,682 posts

Posted 30 August 2023 - 11:57 AM

Not what I said. I questioned now much more taxing it was to DH vs sitting in the dugout. Maybe it is harder. But he does have tomorrow off.

I mean, you just know Hyde will PH him if it's close and late, but the idea is so that he doesn't have to bust his butt out of the box 5x today.

My quibble is O'Hearn getting all these innings as the backup 1B. The O's need for Santander (more athletic) to pickup those innings behind Mounty. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=