@BSLZackKiesel

#84 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,465 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 02 September 2023 - 06:20 PM

I like the look of Edge’s arm on those sideline throws.

#85 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,348 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 02 September 2023 - 06:26 PM

I like the look of Edge’s arm on those sideline throws.

Getting him into the program a year early was a big deal for his development. Should be more than ready to compete for the starting role next year.
@BSLZackKiesel

#86 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,348 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 02 September 2023 - 07:13 PM

During today's game, Taulia Tagovailoa became the first Maryland quarterback to ever throw for more than 8,000 yards in his career.

@BSLZackKiesel

#87 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 03 September 2023 - 12:37 PM

IMS: Maryland 38, Towson 6: The good, the great, the bad and the ugly

https://247sports.co...sley-215273377/

"It was a little weird for me. We were substituting offensive linemen in the middle of series which is not normal," Locksley said. "But it goes back to we've got what we think are nine guys who can play winning football for us. We're trying to figure out the best five, so we're mixing and matching and it shows the versatility that we have where guys can play guard, can play tackle, move guys in to center. And so we're gonna continue to try to play as many guys as we can."

According to PFF snaps counts, left tackle Delmar Glaze, left guard Corey Bullock, right guards Amelio Moran and right tackle Conor Fagan each tallied over 62 snaps Saturday, clearly forming a top five of guards and tackles along with Ayedze. At center, Mike Purcell led the way with 39 snaps, while Aric Harris had 29 of his own. In all, Maryland had 13 linemen see the field Saturday.

#88 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,348 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 03 September 2023 - 01:33 PM

The line is definitely still a concern, and hopefully Ayedze can return soon to shore up that right tackle spot. The good news is that they had this game, and should have the next one to solidify a group before facing Virginia. It was never going to be easy replacing 4 quality starters.
@BSLZackKiesel

#89 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 03 September 2023 - 01:39 PM

The line is definitely still a concern, and hopefully Ayedze can return soon to shore up that right tackle spot. The good news is that they had this game, and should have the next one to solidify a group before facing Virginia. It was never going to be easy replacing 4 quality starters.

Meanwhile Mason Lunsford is like 8th on the LSU depth chart.
I did like that 13 guys saw time, and that Locksley feels good about 9.

On the D-Line, MD has good size. I was worried after Nasili-Kite left (and obviously would be nice if he was still around); but was pleased by what we saw. Particularly Jordan Phillips. Of course they had the size advantage vs. Towson.
Didn't really notice Donnell Brown, did you?

#90 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,348 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 03 September 2023 - 02:42 PM

Meanwhile Mason Lunsford is like 8th on the LSU depth chart.
I did like that 13 guys saw time, and that Locksley feels good about 9.

On the D-Line, MD has good size. I was worried after Nasili-Kite left (and obviously would be nice if he was still around); but was pleased by what we saw. Particularly Jordan Phillips. Of course they had the size advantage vs. Towson.
Didn't really notice Donnell Brown, did you?

Don't believe Brown saw many snaps on defense, unless I was totally missing him. Worth noting that even though he's listed as a defensive lineman on the roster, he's probably more of an outside linebacker in this scheme. Was good to see Phillips flash a bit, as you mentioned. Really not worried with that group after seeing what Brian Williams has been able to do with mostly unheralded guys the last few years. They'll use a heavy rotation and have plenty of size.
  • Mike B likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=