#2 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,321 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 09 July 2023 - 09:16 AM

A tough righty but the O's can get it done again today. Would be nice to see them get hits in more than one inning though....lol

• BobPhelan likes this

#3 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,962 posts

Posted 09 July 2023 - 12:58 PM

Mountcastle up, Zimmerman down.

#4 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,286 posts

Posted 09 July 2023 - 01:06 PM

Mountcastle up, Zimmerman down.

They have a 12 man pitching staff right now. 5 position players. They can do that because they are 1 day away fromthe AS break. They cant and wont roll with 5 bench players for long. So whos the odd man out.

#5 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,962 posts

Posted 09 July 2023 - 01:17 PM

They have a 12 man pitching staff right now. 5 position players. They can do that because they are 1 day away fromthe AS break. They cant and wont roll with 5 bench players for long. So whos the odd man out.

Yeah, that's the question.  Urias or Mateo?  But both have value, so you can't just DFA them.

#6 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,511 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 July 2023 - 01:22 PM

Gotta be Urias IMO. Also not opposed to Mountcastle being optioned after the break. But that seems unlikely based on this. That’s what I’d be considering though. Doubt Urias has much trade value. May have to just let him go. Good problems to have.

#7 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

One of today’s starters is a legit arm who might just be a TOR starter soon. The other is pitching for the Orioles. 

#8 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,603 posts

Julien has been killing us this series.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#9 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,603 posts

Posted 09 July 2023 - 01:23 PM

1-0 Twins with no outs in first.

Come on Kyle.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#10 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,754 posts

Posted 09 July 2023 - 01:24 PM

Gibson is just terrible. A legit 5 ERA guy who can occasionally have a good season.

#11 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,321 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 09 July 2023 - 01:32 PM

Lead off walks are just so bad but Hays ties it up with a dinger.

#12 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,321 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 09 July 2023 - 01:37 PM

Given this is the last game before the ASG and Mountcastle is not starting is there some logic as to why he was called up now as opposed to waiting until later this week?

Would he be our first PH option off the bench against a lefty as that's the only thing I can come up with.

#13 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,754 posts

Posted 09 July 2023 - 01:38 PM

Yeah, calling up Mountcastle one game before the ASB when having another arm would probably be better is a weird add. Was Mountcastle's time up? Not like he was scorching the ball in AAA.

#14 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,962 posts

Posted 09 July 2023 - 01:42 PM

Yeah, it was either today or Friday for Mountcastle, and I guess they figure that today they're more likely to need him as a PH vs having an 8th pitcher in the bullpen.

#15 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,286 posts

Posted 09 July 2023 - 01:46 PM

Given this is the last game before the ASG and Mountcastle is not starting is there some logic as to why he was called up now as opposed to waiting until later this week?

Would he be our first PH option off the bench against a lefty as that's the only thing I can come up with.

His rehab time was up in the middle of the AS break. That prob played some roll not wanting to make roster moves over the break. Focus on other things. They might roll with this for a bit but but as soon as the BP needs a guy they will have to make a position player decision.

#16 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,286 posts

Posted 09 July 2023 - 01:48 PM

Yeah, it was either today or Friday for Mountcastle, and I guess they figure that today they're more likely to need him as a PH vs having an 8th pitcher in the bullpen.

Most likely this. Roch noted how the BP was fairly rested and obviously we are heading into a long break. Felix threw a lot of pitches Fri. Theymay prefer not to use him today but Im assuming he is available. As is everyone else except for Baker who threw 2 yesterday

#17 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,272 posts

Posted 09 July 2023 - 01:49 PM

Gibson is just terrible. A legit 5 ERA guy who can occasionally have a good season.

He is what he is.  They got him to chew up the innings and save the wear and tear on the bullpen.  If that means a 5.00 ERA, then so be it.  They certainly didn't sign him to win 20 games or battle for the Cy Young award.  

#18 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,286 posts

Posted 09 July 2023 - 01:57 PM

Damn. OHearn hits it on the button right to Kepler. Ryan has 8 Ks through 3 but has also thrown 64 pitches. At this rate he aint getting through 6

#19 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 09 July 2023 - 01:59 PM

Yeah that was a bases-clearing double if it’s hit into either alley. 

#20 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 09 July 2023 - 02:07 PM

Ya think we might’ve wanted to see a replay of Mullins’ blast that was inches foul?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=