• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,171 posts

Posted 14 June 2023 - 05:42 PM

Part of BSL is our business development group Pacesetters.

Pacesetters provides the revenue which allows the site to run. 

I got burned on some deals over the last 6-8 months, and I lost a significant amount of money owed. 
Roughly 25% of my expected income. 

The cascading impact is that I've been slow to pay our contributors, and haven't had more of my own money to invest in additional content. 

The majority of the contributors are paid in lump installments June, September, and December. 
I'm late on the June installment and will be dividing the June installment into 3 payments between now and the middle of July.

I value and appreciate the contributors, and they will get every dollar owed to them. 
I've paid out a lot of $ over the last two years (about $40k each year), and I've budgeted for a similar amount here in '23. Ideally I'd get to a point where I can do more. 
But Pacesetters has to continue to build, and BSL itself (this site) has to be directly revenue generating first. 

If our readers / posters (non-contributors) could help us raise $5k; that would be helpful and appreciated. 

It's not going to line my pockets, it's going to go right to the contributors. 

Let me be clear here though... If I don't raise a dime, it's fine. 
I recognize it's my responsibility only, and each of the contributors will get paid what their owed by mid-July. 

If you are able and willing to make a contribution, you can send via PayPal or Zelle. 
Message me for details. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=