#2 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 May 2023 - 11:41 AM

Getting Queen and Davis would be a great start.

@mikeghg

#3 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 15 June 2023 - 05:32 PM

A familiar last name just got an offer

https://l.messenger....NceKLJ46oYSotWo

she/her

#4 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,278 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 28 June 2023 - 08:58 PM

Queen is currently participating in this summer's NBPA Top 100 Camp down in Orlando. Through the first few days, he's averaging 24 points and 12 rebounds per game. The Terps are the current favorites for his commitment, though it'll be hotly contested.

@BSLZackKiesel

#5 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 June 2023 - 02:41 PM

Queen is currently participating in this summer's NBPA Top 100 Camp down in Orlando. Through the first few days, he's averaging 24 points and 12 rebounds per game. The Terps are the current favorites for his commitment, though it'll be hotly contested.

I have seen him play, he is really good.  The NIL commitment is going to be the determining factor though.

@mikeghg

#6 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 11 August 2023 - 08:53 PM

So uber-prospect Cooper Flagg has reclassified from the ‘25 class to ‘24. Seems MD isn’t that in on him. I think they’re missing a huge opportunity. See, it appears Cooper is from the great state of Maine. Now I can’t speak for Kevin Willard, but I know I’d be on the horn right now with Nic Caner-Medley getting him to help me ‘croot this kid.

I mean, Nic’s first pitch, and the only pitch he really needs, is that there is only one school Flagg can choose to attend, then go back home to Maine and get in a drunken bar fight and yell, “I’m from Maryland, and no one can beat me!” After mentioning that, Flagg should be signed, sealed and delivered.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 11 August 2023 - 09:13 PM

So uber-prospect Cooper Flagg has reclassified from the ‘25 class to ‘24. Seems MD isn’t that in on him. I think they’re missing a huge opportunity. See, it appears Cooper is from the great state of Maine. Now I can’t speak for Kevin Willard, but I know I’d be on the horn right now with Nic Caner-Medley getting him to help me ‘croot this kid.

I mean, Nic’s first pitch, and the only pitch he really needs, is that there is only one school Flagg can choose to attend, then go back home to Maine and get in a drunken bar fight and yell, “I’m from Maryland, and no one can beat me!” After mentioning that, Flagg should be signed, sealed and delivered.

Fun stuff this week with Flagg and Bradley Beal.

#8 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,278 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 20 October 2023 - 07:56 PM

Huge weekend in College Park begins now, with 5-star C Derik Queen in town for his official visit. Looks like they’re starting tonight at Ruth’s Chris, and Jahnathan Lamothe is on hand recruiting his former HS teammate.
@BSLZackKiesel

#9 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 October 2023 - 05:31 PM

Huge weekend in College Park begins now, with 5-star C Derik Queen in town for his official visit. Looks like they’re starting tonight at Ruth’s Chris, and Jahnathan Lamothe is on hand recruiting his former HS teammate.

Hopefully Maryland lands this kid. He can play.

@mikeghg

#10 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,278 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 25 October 2023 - 12:32 PM

Queen will reportedly be committing this Friday, and will choose between Maryland and Indiana.

The general feeling is that Maryland has an edge here, but his recruitment has been kept fairly quiet so it’s hard to get a solid read on where he might be leaning.

Willard and his coaching staff are currently visiting him in Florida, with Indiana and Houston’s staffs also in town.
@BSLZackKiesel

#11 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 October 2023 - 12:50 PM

Queen will reportedly be committing this Friday, and will choose between Maryland and Indiana.

The general feeling is that Maryland has an edge here, but his recruitment has been kept fairly quiet so it’s hard to get a solid read on where he might be leaning.

Willard and his coaching staff are currently visiting him in Florida, with Indiana and Houston’s staffs also in town.

Fingers crossed.  

@mikeghg

#12 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 October 2023 - 12:53 PM

All about the benji’s. This outcome will show us if our donors are stepping up, or still sitting out.

#13 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 25 October 2023 - 01:24 PM

All about the benji’s. This outcome will show us if our donors are stepping up, or still sitting out.

Mostly spot on but Willard isnt completely absolved here. If you cant beat out Indiana and Houston for a hometown kid then forget chasing any 5 star guys. Would limit expectations for his tenure.

#14 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 25 October 2023 - 01:32 PM

I also dont follow recruting anymore really. I did check in on the free offers/prospects list on IMS recently. Seems they pretty much have all their 2024 eggs in the Queen basket. Dont remember seeing anything cooking with any other top 50-100 prospects. And Halloween is late in the cycle. Of course with the portal recruiting HS kids not quite as important but still.

#15 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 October 2023 - 01:53 PM

I don’t know man, I think these kids, especially at that level, are going to decide on money and perks. But if all things are relatively equal and he doesn’t choose MD, I agree. Would be a huge get. Hope it happens. Invest in the program that can bring national prestige back to College Park on a consistent basis.

#16 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 25 October 2023 - 02:12 PM

I don’t know man, I think these kids, especially at that level, are going to decide on money and perks. But if all things are relatively equal and he doesn’t choose MD, I agree. Would be a huge get. Hope it happens. Invest in the program that can bring national prestige back to College Park on a consistent basis.

Yeah like I said in the football thread. Forget the football program. Itll always be curbstomped by the best B10 schools in any given year. There is no benefit to winning 6 or 7 games a year vs 3 or 4. The apathy is equally the same for both.

#17 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 25 October 2023 - 02:31 PM

Spend on both. No reason to pick just one. Or at the minimum, you really don't have to pick between the two. 

#18 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 25 October 2023 - 02:49 PM

I dont know realistic it is to spend the football money on basketball and other sports. I understand it not cut and dry. That said, however viable it is, cut as much as you can from this non existent afterthought of a football program.

#19 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 25 October 2023 - 02:57 PM

I dont know realisti it is to spend the football money on basketball and other sports. I understand it not cut and dry like that. That said, however viable it is, cut as much as you can from this non existent afterthought of a football program.

Donors are going to donate as they donate.  If they want to donate toward the football program, more power to them.
In-terms of University spending; football is going to get theirs as it should. 
Nobody is ever going to voice, "Hey we haven't been particularly good for 20 years, and our history before that was spotty too... so let's never try to improve and just fold the program."   

You try and improve incrementally and you invest in both. 

Now if you are saying that they should have invested in the basketball practice facility before refurbishing Cole; ok.  I don't think that's completely cut and dry there, but ok.    

Basketball at MD is always going to get plenty of attention, and plenty of investment. 

MD is very good with Lax, and Soccer... Baseball has been emerging.   WBB.   

I'm sure the Athletic Department wished there were unlimited dollars to go around everywhere. 
But I wouldnt ever worry about MBB not getting their share. Obviously going to always be a lead priority.

#20 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,278 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 25 October 2023 - 10:44 PM

Update: According to Queen, he won’t be committing on Friday. Not sure if there’s been recent developments, or if he was never planning to commit anytime soon.
@BSLZackKiesel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=