189 replies to this topic

#21 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 03:58 PM

Think I'd prefer if it were cheaper but with more guaranteed, since I think its overwhelmingly likely he plays all 5 years, but happy either way.

#22 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,021 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 03:59 PM

Lets go. This started feeling like the most likely outcome the longer it went. Good job by Cerrano and a few others voting on it in the days following the trade demand

#23 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 04:01 PM

I'm very happy about it.  Never wanted to see him leave, although I certainly wouldn't have slit my wrists if he did.  Now, the key is him staying healthy for a whole year and developing his passing game with a new OC.  No more excuses. Let's build a great offense with one of the better defenses in the league and shoot for the ring. 

• JStruds likes this

#24 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 27 April 2023 - 04:01 PM

No but now we'll all be on pins and needles waiting to see if we flip our pick for Hopkins and a later pick.

I'm in the first round must be a CB pick group. That move for Hopkins would not please me - not that my opinion matters to the Ravens brain trust.

#25 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,549 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 27 April 2023 - 04:02 PM

Lets go. This started feeling like the most likely outcome the longer it went. Good job by Cerrano and a few others voting on it in the days following the trade demand

I’m the man?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#26 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,435 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 27 April 2023 - 04:05 PM

185 gtd

So he got Hurts' deal, with an extra $1M guaranteed tacked on to each year. The Ravens should send Jeffrey Lurie a nice gift basket.

• Bmore Irish likes this

#27 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,425 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 04:05 PM

No but now we'll all be on pins and needles waiting to see if we flip our pick for Hopkins and a later pick.

Been some rumblings of 22 for Hopkins + 34. Can probably still get a good CB there. Maybe not the thread for it…

#28 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 27 April 2023 - 04:06 PM

I'm curious how much of it was posturing  because Lamar wanted actual NFL players to throw to out wide, and how much of it was the Hurts deal.

With DHop seeming like almost a done deal at this point, it sure feels like it wasn't entirely the Hurts deal that set this off.

#29 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,130 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 04:07 PM

I'm happy for Lamar. 
I've loved watching him play, and will continue to enjoy that. 
I think the '23 Ravens can be very good. 

We will see what the final terms are, but in-general... it's whatever. 
Jackson and the team made a commitment. 

So go win, that's what it's all about.
If they win enough these next 5 years, one day he'll go to Canton and be another Raven HOFer. 

#30 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,021 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 04:12 PM

So is it accurate this barely beat Hurts?? If so what a coup. Everyone going crazy how that was a good deal for Philly. Lamar is better. Easily better.
  • hallas likes this

#31 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 April 2023 - 04:13 PM

Dude has one playoff win in 5 years. That'll need to improve. I don't think it will.

I'll go on record and say we regret it. He couldn't do it on a rookie contract with less talent around him - it isn't going to happen now. But hey, at least we have a fun offense to watch, while we fizzle out every year and watch the real contenders have fun in January/February.

Glad this is over, back on board. Trust the Ravens, frankly I like Lamar even though I said some crazy shit during times where I got a little worked up, but here we are. Hope it works. 

#32 SonicAttack

SonicAttack
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 04:23 PM

Lamar's tweet has me pumped as well: "Let's go, baby. Let's go. Let's go, man. Can't wait to get there. Can't wait to be there. Can't wait to light up M&T [Bank Stadium] for the next five years, man. Let's get it."

#33 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 04:25 PM

Been some rumblings of 22 for Hopkins + 34. Can probably still get a good CB there. Maybe not the thread for it…

Sounds pretty similar to 23 for Brown + 100.  One year delayed, but Hollywood for Hopkins would be a wonderful exchange.

Draft value difference of 22/34 is pick #74 (10th in 3rd).  

• makoman likes this

#34 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 04:27 PM

I'm in the first round must be a CB pick group. That move for Hopkins would not please me - not that my opinion matters to the Ravens brain trust.

I agree. Not enough bang for the buck. If Lamar can't win with Bateman, OBJ, and Andrews he's  not worth what they're paying him. 

#35 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,435 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 04:28 PM

Sounds pretty similar to 23 for Brown + 100.  One year delayed, but Hollywood for Hopkins would be a wonderful exchange.

Draft value difference of 22/34 is pick #74 (10th in 3rd).  

Cardinals gonna Cardinal.

#36 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 April 2023 - 04:30 PM

I agree. Not enough bang for the buck. If Lamar can't win with Bateman, OBJ, and Andrews he's not worth what they're paying him.

Don’t forget, Dobbins, Gus, Stanley, Linderbaum, Zeitler, etc. And a new coordinator. Sans Hopkins, there’s zero excuse to not get over the hump anymore. But I think most people don’t care about getting over the hump. We will make the playoffs, and have a competent offense. That’s more important than winning Championships for some reason.

#37 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,009 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 04:36 PM

185 guaranteed isn't bad. I'm glad the Ravens held firm on that.

#38 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 27 April 2023 - 04:40 PM

Is that 185 gtd at sign?

Thats more or less splitting the difference between their previous offer and the Watson deal.  That's a pretty big guarantee.

#39 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,009 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 04:44 PM

Is that 185 gtd at sign?

Thats more or less splitting the difference between their previous offer and the Watson deal. That's a pretty big guarantee.

Didn't their previous offer essentially have 179 guaranteed for all intents and purposes?

#40 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,435 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 04:46 PM

So is this gonna go down within the next hour? Sure would be nice, since I'd like to kick back and watch Ortiz's debut without distractions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=