#41 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 16 April 2023 - 04:24 PM

Total bust. Calling it today. 4/16/23 4:48 pm. Bust.

I'll bet you one highly overpriced Camden Yards beer that you're wrong. Payable at a September game if "bust" is still widely recognized on this board. While hope is not a plan, I still hold some regarding young Mr Rodriguez.

#42 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 16 April 2023 - 04:24 PM

If Grayson can just skip the 1st inning, he'd be ok.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#43 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,217 posts

Posted 16 April 2023 - 04:26 PM

Made him good

I got it.

I thought you were referring to Ceases' issue with his device. I remembered that Gausman had glasses and I thought the other teams he played for had a different way of singnaling pitches.

Anyway, Rodriguez has settled in somewhat.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#44 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,217 posts

Posted 16 April 2023 - 04:29 PM

I think that was a hit and run Hayes struck out on. That, or he was totally overmatched.

#45 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 16 April 2023 - 04:30 PM

Grayson isn't ready.

It's too early to make any conclusive statements obviously, but its so GD disappointing seeing yet another "can't miss" prospect look like he's going to miss.

I've said this before. I've been very impressed with Elias overall but I think we created expectations that this guy was a 'shoe in' and it has backfired in the early going. I have no problem sending him back down to Triple A with this learning experience under his belt.

#46 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,217 posts

Posted 16 April 2023 - 04:30 PM

Mateo sac fly 4-1

#47 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 16 April 2023 - 04:31 PM

Still feel like the O's are taking good at bats up and down the lineup

#48 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,258 posts

Posted 16 April 2023 - 04:33 PM

I say keep Rodriguez in the rotation and let him learn how to get major league hitters out.  He has great stuff but so far, lousy command.  He's not trusting his stuff and the only way he will is when he starts to get hitters out consistently.   That's not going to be accomplished at AAA.  Same with Henderson- keep him in the line-up.  It might cost them some wins but long term, I think it's the best decision. 

• Mike B, russsnyder and JStruds like this

#49 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,217 posts

I bet Burger would have caught that if it was a pork chop.

#50 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

good things happen when you put the ball in play

#51 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,217 posts

Posted 16 April 2023 - 04:34 PM

Mullins two run triple 4-3.

#52 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 16 April 2023 - 04:35 PM

Let's see Mullins get hot - a triple helps

#53 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 16 April 2023 - 04:36 PM

I say keep Rodriguez in the rotation and let him learn how to get major league hitters out.  He has great stuff but so far, lousy command.  He's not trusting his stuff and the only way he will is when he starts to get hitters out consistently.   That's not going to be accomplished at AAA.  Same with Henderson- keep him in the line-up.  It might cost them some wins but long term, I think it's the best decision. 

I don't know - three or four games can be the difference between us in the post season or going home in October. We should be putting our best rotation out every five days. 

A demotion says, the free passes for 'rebuilding' are over. Might actually do him some good.

#54 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,217 posts

Posted 16 April 2023 - 04:37 PM

I say keep Rodriguez in the rotation and let him learn how to get major league hitters out. He has great stuff but so far, lousy command. He's not trusting his stuff and the only way he will is when he starts to get hitters out consistently. That's not going to be accomplished at AAA. Same with Henderson- keep him in the line-up. It might cost them some wins but long term, I think it's the best decision.

I pretty much agree. (Especially with Rodriguez) i mean, he's bounced back ok since the first inning. The only way I'd send either of these two down if I felt that there confidence was waning. I don't think that's the case.

#55 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,217 posts

Posted 16 April 2023 - 04:38 PM

I don't know - three or four games can be the difference between us in the post season or going home in October. We should be putting our best rotation out every five days.

A demotion says, the free passes for 'rebuilding' are over. Might actually do him some good.

Who's better right now?

Irvins or Rodriguez?

#56 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 16 April 2023 - 04:39 PM

But what is that best rotation? Irvin already sent down, and Kremer struggling leaves just Gibson and Wells until Bradish returns.

Edit: And Wells appears to consistently (albeit on a small sample) run out of gas around inning 5.

#57 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,748 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 16 April 2023 - 04:42 PM

I don't know if all of it is intentional, some of it certainly is, but Grayson doesn't really seem to command the bottom half of the zone.  Most everything is up.

#58 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 16 April 2023 - 04:43 PM

Henderson also just not ready for prime time

#59 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 16 April 2023 - 04:43 PM

We already know Rodriguez can mow down Triple A hitters. He has to take some lumps up here and figure it out. He's got that stuff and he looks like he belongs. Just has to clean up his location.
  • russsnyder likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#60 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 16 April 2023 - 04:44 PM

Who's better right now?

Irvins or Rodriguez?

I'm thinking when Bradish gets back

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users