8) JJ Redick
7) Jamal Crawford
6) Joe Johnson
5) Manu Ginobili
4) Andre Iguodala
3) James Harden
2) Dwayne Wade
1) Kobe Bryant

I'll give credit to Redick. When he came into the league I thought he could be an effective player off the bench. I'm surprised he has been this good.

#402 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,368 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:41 AM

Grantland: The Miami Juggernaut
http://www.grantland...dominate-league

#403 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

Chicago up on Miami with 5 min left.

#404 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,546 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

Deng is single handedly about to end the Heats win streak.

#405 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,546 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

Now a 9-point Chicago lead with 2:14 left.

#406 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,368 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

Deng is single handedly about to end the Heats win streak.

Good for the Bulls. (94-85 with 2:18 left.)

They need to get to the 5th seed (currently 6th), and hopefully get Rose back and give them something. Could still be a difficult out. Don't need to play Indiana in the 1st round though.

#407 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,546 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

Streak over. Crazy good stuff the past few weeks though.

#408 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

Thank goodness that foolishness is over. That streak should have ended a half a dozen times before last night and to some piss poor teams. They sure as heck didn't deserve the record.

And LOL at LeBron crying about flagrant fouls when none of the fouls on him were flagrant. What a crybaby. Sure, they were hard fouls but know the difference between a hard foul and a physical, tough foul. He sounds like a sore losing whiner.

#409 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

Thank goodness that foolishness is over. That streak should have ended a half a dozen times before last night and to some piss poor teams. They sure as heck didn't deserve the record.

And LOL at LeBron crying about flagrant fouls when none of the fouls on him were flagrant. What a crybaby. Sure, they were hard fouls but know the difference between a hard foul and a physical, tough foul. He sounds like a sore losing whiner.

You can be bitter all you want, 27 straight wins, the second longest streak in american pro sports history, is an incredible feat.

Do you want to take away the Orioles playoff run last year because they got lucky? or maybe the Ravens win vs Denver? Or are you going to be inconsistent with that thinking?
  • You Play to Win the Game and mweb08 like this

#410 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,388 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

You can be bitter all you want, 27 straight wins, the second longest streak in american pro sports history, is an incredible feat.

Do you want to take away the Orioles playoff run last year because they got lucky? or maybe the Ravens win vs Denver? Or are you going to be inconsistent with that thinking?

That's a great analogy. Denver gave that game away at least as much as the teams who gave up leads to the Heat did.

For an NBA team to win 27 straight games, they pretty much have to have some cooperation from the schedule and their opponents. There's no good reason to hate on it.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#411 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

Bad loss for Lakers tonight...luckily for them, Dallas got crushed at home.

#412 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

It is what it is. 27 wins in a row is 27 in a row. I'm just glad they lost and its over. And yes, they were fortunate to win that many in a row. That's my personal commentary.

Yes, the Ravens were fortunate to win in Denver. I said numerous times both before and after the game that I think Denver was the better team. Obviously, as a fan I'm glad we won, and as a non fan of the Heat, I'm glad they lost. Its pretty much that simple.

#413 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

It is what it is. 27 wins in a row is 27 in a row. I'm just glad they lost and its over. And yes, they were fortunate to win that many in a row. That's my personal commentary.

Yes, the Ravens were fortunate to win in Denver. I said numerous times both before and after the game that I think Denver was the better team. Obviously, as a fan I'm glad we won, and as a non fan of the Heat, I'm glad they lost. Its pretty much that simple.

There has never been a long winning streak where the team didn't get fortunate breaks...you do understand that, right?

#414 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:34 PM

There has never been a long winning streak where the team didn't get fortunate breaks...you do understand that, right?

I probably could challenge that somewhat. It depends on how specific you want to get with your definition of a long winning streak and how fortunate a fortunate break is. That said, generally speaking, yes, you need breaks to have a long winning streak. Listen, I'm a Heat hater so I'm gonna point out how fortunate they were in some of their games and I think 5 or 6 of those were against pretty bad teams. Off the top off my head, I know they were pushed to the brink by Orlando, Sacramento, Philly, and Cleveland. Again, as an admitted Heat hater, I'm gonna point out what negative I can and I'm gonna tell you how happy I am to see them lose. Still, 27 in a row is 27 in a row. No matter how much I or anybody else want to critique it, it's impressive.

#415 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

I probably could challenge that somewhat. It depends on how specific you want to get with your definition of a long winning streak and how fortunate a fortunate break is. That said, generally speaking, yes, you need breaks to have a long winning streak. Listen, I'm a Heat hater so I'm gonna point out how fortunate they were in some of their games and I think 5 or 6 of those were against pretty bad teams. Off the top off my head, I know they were pushed to the brink by Orlando, Sacramento, Philly, and Cleveland. Again, as an admitted Heat hater, I'm gonna point out what negative I can and I'm gonna tell you how happy I am to see them lose. Still, 27 in a row is 27 in a row. No matter how much I or anybody else want to critique it, it's impressive.

That would be you, just you.

Oh, and Skip Bayless. You're in Great company, bro! ;)
@beginthebegin71

#416 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

That would be you, just you.

Oh, and Skip Bayless. You're in Great company, bro! ;)

I'm far from the only person who dislikes the Heat. I laugh at all you people who are rooting for the Yankees or Patriots of the NBA. I guess most everyone is a bandwagon fan to some degree.

#417 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,546 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

I'm far from the only person who dislikes the Heat. I laugh at all you people who are rooting for the Yankees or Patriots of the NBA. I guess most everyone is a bandwagon fan to some degree.

I'm definitely not rooting for them, but I thought it'd be neat to see them break the streak, and I acknowledge how awesome that run was and how good a team this is and how amazing a player LeBron is. Just like I acknowledge how great Brady is.

#418 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

Stop, you're just embarrassing yourself at this point. We all didn't magically become Heat "fans" these last 27 games...We Like watching great players do great things...How hard is this to comprehend? I've only said this 491 times the past two years. I couldn't give a rat's ass about the Miami Heat, per se. If they win, great, if they lose, great..I enjoy watching LeBron play..nothing more, nothing less. To call people bandwagon fans because they like great watching great players is downright absurd.

Go Yankees!!!
Go Pats!!!

Go Bulls!!!!! (Me from 1991-1998, well not 94 & 95, then it was Go Rockets!!)
  • SportsGuy likes this
@beginthebegin71

#419 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

Stop, you're just embarrassing yourself at this point. We all didn't magically become Heat "fans" these last 27 games...We Like watching great players do great things...How hard is this to comprehend? I've only said this 491 times the past two years. I couldn't give a rat's ass about the Miami Heat, per se. If they win, great, if they lose, great..I enjoy watching LeBron play..nothing more, nothing less. To call people bandwagon fans because they like great watching great players is downright absurd.

Go Yankees!!!
Go Pats!!!

Go Bulls!!!!! (Me from 1991-1998, well not 94 & 95, then it was Go Rockets!!)

Dude, you were rooting so hard for the Heat to win last year in the playoffs. Who cares if it's your Lebron love that is single handidly driving that rooting interest. You can admire a player and his ability without rooting for their team. You're posts have in no way represented not giving a rats ass about the Heat.

#420 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

Dude, you were rooting so hard for the Heat to win last year in the playoffs. Who cares if it's your Lebron love that is single handidly driving that rooting interest. You can admire a player and his ability without rooting for their team.

Sure, to see the man win a title, but that doesn't make me a Heat fan. i'm rooting for Wichita State in the college game right this second...Am I a bandwagon Shocker fan, or just simply rooting for a good story?
@beginthebegin71

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=