450 replies to this topic

#21 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,465 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

That's a remarkable combination of firsts.

Hopefully it has a lot more to do with getting acclimated to this new offense and teammates as well as the offense not be ideal, rather than decline due to aging.

That's my belief. The combination of adding two stars to two existing stars AND changing the offense is bound to have growing pains.

But when you factor in the above with the fact that Kobe is playing on a sore foot, Howard is still playing his way in to shape, and a veteran team with a shallow bench on the second of a back-to-back, I would not be at all surprised to see the Blazers pull an upset in their season opener tonight.

#22 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,366 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:10 PM

Yeah, that wouldn't be shocking.

#23 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

ESPN: Knicks-Nets opener postponed

http://espn.go.com/n...poned-due-sandy

Postponed after all, but apparently the marathon on Sunday is still on!
@levineps

#24 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

10 assists for Greivis in first half tonight.

#25 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

[quote name="Oriole85"]ESPN: Knicks-Nets opener postponed

http://espn.go.com/n...poned-due-sandy

Postponed after all, but apparently the marathon on Sunday is still on![/quote]

All that money spent on Barclay and Sandy rains on its parade!!
As for the Marathon, that brings in so many $$$ no way they want to cancel
My wife is running in it and I dread thinking about how bad traffic will be if they do not get Mass Transit up and running.
@mikeghg

#26 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

Remember in a previous thread when I said Harden was overrated.

yeah, I was wrong.

Watching the Rocket/Pistons on the Ipad, and wow, Harden looks great.
@beginthebegin71

#27 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:06 PM

yeah, I was wrong.

Harden has looked awesome.

Filling up the stat sheet, too. It's only one game, but if this game is any indication, he might really thrive being 'the guy'. Hell of a debut.

@AdamWolff

#28 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:14 PM

10 assists for Greivis in first half tonight.

I've been watching a little bit of all the games, but Greivis has looked really good. Very in control, focused on putting his teammates in good positions. Hornets are absurdly young and they're going to be a lot of fun to watch this year.

@AdamWolff

#29 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:20 PM

Harrison Barnes vs. Kendall Marshall right now...I'm like a proud Dad.
@beginthebegin71

#30 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

I hope things are better by Sunday and best of luck to your wife in it! Just seems logistically harder to pull off given it's a whole course versus an arena, unless things dramatically improve.
@levineps

#31 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,366 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

yeah, I was wrong.

Yeah, he may be slightly better than Kevin Martin. ;)

#32 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,366 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:38 AM

Harrison Barnes vs. Kendall Marshall right now...I'm like a proud Dad.

Are you now like one of those dads that yells at the coach for not playing his boys enough. ;)

#33 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,366 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

And the Lakers continue to look poor.

They do have the excuse of Nash missing the second half of this one at least, but they were down 5 at the half. Howard had a big game and Kobe and Gasol played well and the Lakers dominated the boards, yet they still lost by 10. The depth is pretty bad and they had an astonishing 24 turnovers.

Lillard looks really good.
  • FlavaDave10 likes this

#34 FlavaDave10

FlavaDave10

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationBalmer

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:36 AM

I've been watching a little bit of all the games, but Greivis has looked really good. Very in control, focused on putting his teammates in good positions. Hornets are absurdly young and they're going to be a lot of fun to watch this year.

Anthony Davis is simply ridiculous. To go against Tim Duncan in your first game ever and hold your own... that's incredible. And yeah, Greivis looked really good last night. 8 points, 13 assists, 6 rebounds, and only 2 turnovers. All while going against Tony Parker. He did miss the potential game tying 3 pointer, but he never got a good look at the rim. If Eric Gordon would have played, the Hornets would have easily won IMO because Austin Rivers was a non-factor. Looked completely lost.

"We're not going to be f***ing suck this year" - Alex Ovechkin

@BaltimoreDavey

#35 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,465 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

And the Lakers continue to look poor.

They do have the excuse of Nash missing the second half of this one at least, but they were down 5 at the half. Howard had a big game and Kobe and Gasol played well and the Lakers dominated the boards, yet they still lost by 10. The depth is pretty bad and they had an astonishing 24 turnovers.

Lillard looks really good.

Blake didn't do too bad subbing for Nash. With him in the other 3 should be able to carry the load if Nash is out for long. Howard was a beast last night....and if he keeps hitting FTs like last night the rest of the league is in deep trouble. So much for him being out of shape. But the defense and those turnovers killed the Lakers, and the Blazers shot very well for most of the game. Lillard will be fun to watch this season. And it's good to see Batum playing as aggressively as he did....if he keeps that up it will definitely allay the concerns I have about the money they've committed to him.

#36 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,366 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

Blake didn't do too bad subbing for Nash. With him in the other 3 should be able to carry the load if Nash is out for long. Howard was a beast last night....and if he keeps hitting FTs like last night the rest of the league is in deep trouble. So much for him being out of shape. But the defense and those turnovers killed the Lakers, and the Blazers shot very well for most of the game. Lillard will be fun to watch this season. And it's good to see Batum playing as aggressively as he did....if he keeps that up it will definitely allay the concerns I have about the money they've committed to him.

Even if Blake is decent, he obviously represents a dropoff from Nash and the bench becomes even worse with Chris Duhon having to play.

Howard doesn't have the same explosiveness he once had; hopefully that will return. But yes, the FT shooting was great last night.

#37 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

I told you guys the Howard back injury should be a serious concern. It's not that unreasonable to believe that he'll never be the old Dwight Howard. I think it's how much of the old Dwight do you get?? 70%?? 80%??

#38 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,465 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

In the only game of the night, San Antonio beats Oklahoma City on a buzzer-beater by Tony Parker. Spurs 2-0.

#39 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,366 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

I told you guys the Howard back injury should be a serious concern. It's not that unreasonable to believe that he'll never be the old Dwight Howard. I think it's how much of the old Dwight do you get?? 70%?? 80%??

I thought it was a concern too.

With that said, I wouldn't discount the chance of him returning to 100%.

#40 FlavaDave10

FlavaDave10

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationBalmer

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

How the heck do you know how Howard will recover from the back injury? He's clearly not 100% right now. He could easily get better with time. Give him a little longer than a few months.

"We're not going to be f***ing suck this year" - Alex Ovechkin

@BaltimoreDavey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=