• russsnyder likes this

#2 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,771 posts

Posted 26 February 2023 - 10:14 AM

Powers is the only one I'd be interested in seeing back, but Cleveland should get every chance to take that spot.

Need to get younger at CB and edge. I'd be somewhat intrigued by Peters on a cheap deal. Houston had a great first half of the season then disappeared.

#3 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 62,105 posts

Posted 26 February 2023 - 10:24 AM

Peters as the new Jimmy Smith taking relatively cheap, short-term deals would work for me.
  • Mike B likes this

#4 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,771 posts

Posted 26 February 2023 - 10:34 AM

Peters as the new Jimmy Smith taking relatively cheap, short-term deals would work for me.

I don't think Peters has the kind of loyalty to Baltimore that Jimmy Smith had his last few years.

#5 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,712 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 27 February 2023 - 12:13 PM

I don't think Peters has the kind of loyalty to Baltimore that Jimmy Smith had his last few years.

I think it all depends on the market. Much like RBs, CBs have a tendency to fall off around age 30, so I don't think there's going to be any kind of big money for Peters out there. If indeed that is the case, a return to the Ravens could work out well for all involved.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#6 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,825 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 February 2023 - 12:17 PM

Peters may be interesting in a one year deal, to try to show last year was a recovery year.

I am not sure we can get his price down low enough to make it work for the Ravens though.

@mikeghg

#7 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,712 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 27 February 2023 - 12:21 PM

I have a hard time believing that Justin Houston is going to get a multi year deal anywhere, as the author espoused. He's 34 and in his last 8 games, he had 1 total sack ( a half sack in Week 10 and a half sack in Week 17). Houston can still be a rotational guy but he's certainly not getting a multi year deal.

• Mike B likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#8 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,825 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 February 2023 - 12:26 PM

I think the Ravens will likely try to sign one of JPP or Justin Houston.

It is time to see what David Ojabo can do.

@mikeghg

#9 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,894 posts

Posted 27 February 2023 - 12:27 PM

Peters may be interesting in a one year deal, to try to show last year was a recovery year.

I am not sure we can get his price down low enough to make it work for the Ravens though.

Time for Peters to go.  His best years are in the rear view and he's become a liability in pass coverage. 

#10 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,721 posts

Posted 27 February 2023 - 01:32 PM

Peters would be all about cost. His best years are undoubtedly in the rear but solid CB play is hard to find. Even with his drop off he is likely still solid

#11 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 62,105 posts

Posted 27 February 2023 - 01:34 PM

Fuller signed for $2.5M last year.  I think Peters is still better and worth more, but if he's willing to take something in $4-6M range then I think it could be good for both sides.

#12 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,591 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 27 February 2023 - 01:55 PM

Is Peters going to come in and basically be a nickel CB?  Unless he has a bounce back I don't think he should be one of the top-2 CBs on most teams at this stage in his career.

#13 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 62,105 posts

Posted 27 February 2023 - 02:00 PM

Is Peters going to come in and basically be a nickel CB?  Unless he has a bounce back I don't think he should be one of the top-2 CBs on most teams at this stage in his career.

I'm thinking of him as a bridge to a (possibly 1st round) rookie CB.  Peters is still better than everyone currently on the roster aside from Marlon, right?  Maybe we see a step forward from one of the younger guys who can take over.  But I don't think we would prioritize adding a mid-career guy through free agency who would step in as a starter.  Can afford it if we wanted, but with limited cap space depending on what happens with Lamar, I don't see a big deal going for a starting CB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=