@bopper33

#103 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,443 posts

Posted 19 February 2023 - 07:59 PM

Been a huge disappointment this year. Always thought he was a little overhyped by Terp fans. He's definitely not in that top or even second tier of guys who've played here.

#104 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 19 February 2023 - 08:35 PM

Dammit. Also I was recording the game and had the result spoiled before I could watch, so doubly annoying.

#105 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,827 posts

Posted 19 February 2023 - 09:21 PM

No reason to believe they will win at Penn St and Ohio St

#106 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 19 February 2023 - 09:39 PM

No reason to believe they will win at Penn St and Ohio St

I may take both ML — we might be favored in both

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#107 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,331 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 19 February 2023 - 10:01 PM

Been a huge disappointment this year. Always thought he was a little overhyped by Terp fans. He's definitely not in that top or even second tier of guys who've played here.

He’s had good starts to seasons, but always fades down the stretch. Seems like he wants to be a 3 or a stretch 4, but can’t shoot anywhere close to what’s needed in those spots. Instead of dropping all that weight, probably should have bulked up and become a post 4. His best game is that left hook.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#108 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 February 2023 - 12:09 AM

The criticism of Scott is certainly fair. I’m a fan, though. He’s generally solid and reliable, at least from a fundamentals and limiting mistakes standpoint. He has also been steadfast in his commitment to Maryland, in a day and age where the grass seems to be greener to these kids. I really appreciated him, Hart and Reese staying put with Willard too. He has my respect. Rough game tonight.
  • Mackus likes this

#109 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 February 2023 - 12:16 AM

I think tonight was more about the hangover and a trip to Nebraska. The Cali road trips should be fun, lol.

I mean let’s be real, they had to celebrate hard Thursday night, rightly so. And Saturday was a travel day across the country. Can’t imagine Friday’s practice was very taxing or productive.

Nebraska stinks though. Yes they’ve been playing better. But that team has no talent. Disappointing loss, but I get it too. Take care of business at home (Northwestern is no guarantee and may come to CP ranked), and then go beat an Ohio St team that has given up. Penn St will be tough, and their last guaranteed chance at a quad 1 win. I do not expect to win that game. They’ll finish the conference season 12-8. That’s my official prediction.

#110 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 20 February 2023 - 07:50 AM

It’s just incredibly hard to win on the road in this conference, especially this year. I think home teams in B10 are winning more than 70 percent of games. 

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#111 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 20 February 2023 - 11:27 AM

Thankfully didn't get a chance to watch any of this one.

Donta Scott, 2-16, yikes.  One of those nights that challenges your sports cliches.  Just about any coach will tell you that he wants his players to have the confidence to keep shooting.  Especially a guy like Scott who's been a solid player for 3+ years now.  And yet at some point in a game you would think a guy would say you know what, I just don't have it tonight, maybe I should pass up on some of these.  That point is probably different for different players.

#112 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,827 posts

Posted 20 February 2023 - 11:32 AM

I was begging for him to keep shooting some of the open 3s he had in the 2nd half. When you run offense and you get the open look you have to take it. If its a personnel problem then that is something Willard has to improve upon but I cant have someone turning down the look for something forced or a worse look.

#113 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 20 February 2023 - 11:36 AM

Scott had a pretty rough game against Purdue as well.  Hopefully can get things working a bit more down the stretch here.

#114 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,331 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 20 February 2023 - 12:23 PM

Maryland received 14 votes in this week’s AP Poll, essentially tying them for the #28 spot with Oral Roberts.
@BSLZackKiesel

#115 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,000 posts

Posted 20 February 2023 - 12:27 PM

Hoiberg should get COY votes for having that team .500 overall, and 7-10 in league play.  
That's about as untalented a Major conference team as you'll ever see. 

#116 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,000 posts

Posted 20 February 2023 - 12:33 PM

Scott did have 7 boards, and 2 blocks... what bothers me the most about his 2 for 16 shooting is that 8 of the attempts were from 3, and he had 0 FT attempts. 

I know he lost weight before the year, and wants to play like a 3... but he's at his best when he's playing like an undersized 4, and aggressively going to the basket. 

If he shoots the occasional open 3, that's fine... but 4.4 attempts a game when he's shooting 29% from beyond the arc (for the 2nd straight year) is ridiculous. 

He was making 42.7% of his overall FG attempts last year on 10.5 field goal attempts per game.... that's down to 38.8% on 11.4 attempts per this year. 

His FT attempts have dropped from 3 per game to 1.9 per game.

I'll remain a fan though, as him and Hart could have easily bounced before this year. 

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#117 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,827 posts

Posted 20 February 2023 - 12:40 PM

Hoiberg should get COY votes for having that team .500 overall, and 7-10 in league play.
That's about as untalented a Major conference team as you'll ever see.

Its not his fault the are so untalented?? I get its Nebraska and will be hard to get good talent but thats a double edged sword

#118 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,000 posts

Posted 20 February 2023 - 12:50 PM

Its not his fault the are so untalented?? I get its Nebraska and will be hard to get good talent but thats a double edged sword

Of course it is... it's Year 4... and he kept his own kid chained to the bench most of this year, when it's clear he's one of their better players. Wasn't being serious serious....  do think he's probably decent in-game, and finding a way to make the roster competitive at all points to that... but definitely on him for the roster not being better by Year 4, especially in this transfer era.

#119 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 February 2023 - 04:36 PM

Maryland received 14 votes in this week’s AP Poll, essentially tying them for the #28 spot with Oral Roberts.

Northwestern will be coming to College Park ranked 21st in the country on Sunday. They’ll also be coming off a tough road loss at Illinois IMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=